Do You Want Dave Tippett to Coach the Coyotes Next Season?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Wow, totally missed that when watching the game. Scratched? Injured?

Q wanted fresh legs where possible, so he swapped out some depth guys. Didn't work. Hawks fans overreacting as usual.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Hawks fans want Q fired for playing Nordstrom and Versteeg over Vermette and TT tonight, FWIW. ^^

Every time the Hawks get a hiccup some Hawks fans, particularly where minority, extreme views get magnified (HFFFFFF) scream for Q to get sacked. Take it with a grain of salt.

letowskie

Aug 16, 2002
In your worst nighmare
Visit site
Every time the Hawks get a hiccup some Hawks fans, particularly where minority, extreme views get magnified (HFFFFFF) scream for Q to get sacked. Take it with a grain of salt.

I think most teams would take Quenneville in a heartbeat, if the Hawks ever decides to let him go. It's not really close the gap between Tip and the elite tier of coaches in this league.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Last edited:

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
I think he would be more an assistant to the GM ala Burke rather than a AGM right? Seems out of left field to hire someone with no hockey managerial experience (I think?) so such a big role.

Mosby

Ready for Yeti
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Perhaps they're splitting Burke's role into two. This guy to replace the AGM role and someone else to work exclusively as the goalie coach.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
GMDM: Who should I go after?

John Chayka: Whoever does best in my advanced stats.

GMDM: Tippett, who should I go after?

Tippett: Anyone I say because they're a good guy.

GMDM: I agree, let's re-sign Dave Moss again.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
I'm really drunk, cuz it;s friday, but I'm glad Maloney got a fresh voice in the front office, instead of his buddy, dawdling Darcy. I hate him less than before. Hopefully, this will pay dividends for us, going forward.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Thats not true, sheesh. The third line was CHI's best one for most of game 2. TT, Vermette, and Sharp were creating a lot of oppertunities. Quenneville said something about fresh legs, which is either him being an idiot, or him covering up some injury. Vermette has won something like 59% of draws in the playoffs

So now Quenneville is an idiot.:rolleyes:

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
So now Quenneville is an idiot.:rolleyes:

I watched game 2. The third line of TT Vermette and Sharp created a ton of opportunities. By sitting both they had to move Shaw back to center where he won only 36% of the draws. Using fresh legs as an excuse to play Nordstrom of all people seems stupid, unless he is covering up an injury or something

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
It means Tippett won't even talk to him. He's probably not allowed in the building 3 of his 5 working days.

Even though Tippett likes accurate stats, he still applies them in his own uhh.. unique way. So feeding more accurate data into the old terminal won't magically produce new results.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->