Post-Game Talk: Do you believe in miracles!? Canucks hold a 2-1 lead and win against the Blues!

Status
Not open for further replies.

John McClane

Apr 23, 2012
Calgary, AB
I swear every time we win a game the opposing team blames it on the refs. Or at least the few times I check the opposing teams GDT. Ironic considering how much our fanbase thinks the refs and the league are "out to get us."

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
I swear every time we win a game the opposing team blames it on the refs. Or at least the few times I check the opposing teams GDT. Ironic considering how much our fanbase thinks the refs and the league are "out to get us."

True, there is almost always something you can blame the ref for when you lose. I do think the refs have been better in Canucks games lately though, some of the suspiciously high penalty differences in the past were brutal.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Thinking about it now, it took a well rested Canucks on home ice, and a team playing 3 games on 4 nights back-to-back for us to barely hold the lead and lack making huge saves in the last minute to win...Didn't even have a chance to go for the empty netter.

And what about when a Canucks team that played 5 games in 7 days, missing 5 forwards regular forward beat a Blues team that was off for a weak? Keep reaching.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
And look, the Blues start another scrum at the end of the loss!

Just checked out the Blues board and they're all complaining about the hooking, holding and obstruction the Refs let the Canucks get away with. Do they know what team they cheer for?

At the worst it went both ways tonight, which benefits the Blues 9 times out of 10

Exactly this. Even if it's even, it's still influencing the game to an extent.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
Hmmm there were some bad give aways. Big difference at the game ppl were really pushy when the Sedin's kept holding the puck on the PP. Good game though I enjoyed it.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Wish we had more skill on our team. Pretty boring game. Oh well a wins a win !

Well we had plenty of skill in the pens game, but it was our boring defense that blew it.

We need these boring defensive games especially against teams like the blues.

We beat the blues thats no easy task, and with them having arguably one of the best defensive structures in the league, i will take a 2-1 win.

Wetcoaster

Hamhuis puts the hip into Lapierre and launched him.

BdrZfm1CAAEL9I0.png

Hamhuis was asked if he had been holding back on his hip checks since the Lucic hit knocked him out of the Stanley Cup finals back in 2011.

“I think that injury shook me up a little bit as far as that play. I’ve slowly started to get back into it over the course of this year. There were a couple of little ones I tried early.

“Tonight was probably (one of the bigger ones). You have to be confident when you’re going in for that hip check. There’s so much that goes into it, making sure you’re not too low.

“It’s a full commitment check. If you miss, the guy is in one a breakaway. It’s one you have to feel confident doing.â​

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
And look, the Blues start another scrum at the end of the loss!

Exactly this. Even if it's even, it's still influencing the game to an extent.

lol yeah. Backes is a loser some ppl were chanting he sucks Idk if you could hear it on TV. Very unsportsmanlike and I am glad they called that delay of game penalty.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I would say this is the sixth best team the Canucks have faced this season.

1. Chicago
2. Anaheim
3. LA
4. Pittsburgh
5. Tampa Bay
6. St Louis

No way st. louis is below tampa, they belong right around l.a. and pitsburgh imo.

If boston was not blown out so badly by us, people would probably rank them above tampa as well.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Its really unfortunate we collapsed in those games vs the ducks, pens last minute, imagine if we beat the ducks, pens and blues, that is an incredibly hard task to do right now, nobody is beating these teams.

But the fact the canucks were able to compete with them, even with our injuries, at least tells me we have a chance to beat these teams, small as it may be, they could have won those games.

vanuck

Dec 28, 2009
Thought Dalpe showed well in this game and as of late before he got moved up to the Sedin line, which Torts recognized and is a good sign for him in terms of getting more opportunities. Nice to see him gaining some confidence bit by bit.

What do people think of Garrison's play lately? He has been okay I think, but at times he has looked kind of shaky too. :(

Best post: "Just once I wish we'd play them when we were rested" or something like that. Must have missed the last game when they had a week off before the game. :laugh:

:laugh:

Its always my fault. :(

Well, you are a monster after all...

The sacrifices I make for this team... :sarcasm:

:yo:

I like how after a win, there are only 4 pages on a PGT, but after a loss, there are 4000 :D

C'mon, it has always been this way. That's just HF Canucks for you. :laugh:

I hear you. The PGT doesn't feel the same without the dozens of pages of whining fans. I really miss that. Hopefully we will lose the next game and things can be right in Canucks Nation again!

Well played.

Blues are basically a deeper canucks with worse goaltending. I think we match up OK vs them. I think the canucks have a chance in a series vs most of the west, unpopular opinion I know. We could have won both our games vs the Pengs, won both vs Blues, started terrible vs SJ but finished that series strong, out played Anaheim and Phx in some games. Like I said we wouldn't be favourites but we have a solid chance of an upset.

Agreed. Fully healthy, I think they stand a decent chance gainst any of the top teams.

vanuck

Dec 28, 2009
Have to keep in mind we were missing as many as 5 regulars from the lineup, whereas the Blues were missing... Steen. So expectations had to be lowered somewhat going into tonight's game. Like the resilience of this team under trying conditions so far this year and it's a credit to Torts for keeping them battling and fighting through it all.

Notice how they looked like a completely different team after Dalpe opened the scoring? That's exactly why Torts has been talking about things like mindset and mentality so much lately.

Hmmm there were some bad give aways. Big difference at the game ppl were really pushy when the Sedin's kept holding the puck on the PP. Good game though I enjoyed it.

It soon became clear Hank and Danny decided to kill off the PP by just passing it around between themselves, while Kesler was waving his stick trying to get the pass for the one-timer. Though the funny thing was that towards the end of the 5on4 Henrik passed it to Kesler in a bad spot which actually caused a turnover. Don't know what he was thinking there...

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
So next time the Canucks lose more than one game can the pre-game threads not be 50% posts saying "well here comes another loss we'll probably blow the lead lols derp" or is that asking too much

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012

The thing is when we blew leads to the flyers, ducks, pens last minute fanbases were coming on here saying what an exciting team we are and what a great game it was.

If we hold our lead, were crucified for being boring.

Sometimes you have to win those games.

yapperface

Bo Knows
Jan 22, 2010
British Columbia
Dan Hamhuis hipcheck launches Maxim Lapierre. Lappy looked like a torpedo :D

I like how somebody commented "congrats on winning the Cup" on that video. Uh, first of all, unoriginal chirp, and second of all, nobody on either side of this game can say that :laugh: Like I don't know if it was a Blues fan or what but St. Louis ain't got one either.

Oddity

Nov 11, 2011
Tonight was the 2nd Canucks game I've seen live (the prior being in Buffalo earlier this season) and they're now 2-0 for games I've been too. Coincidence? I think not :sarcasm:

I was in 117 and as it was the first time I've been to a game at Rogers Arena I definitely saw what I've heard it's like there- to the right of me were 2 girls who I don't think ever looked up from their phones a single time between about 500 "selfies" and posting them on twitter/instagram/facebook, etc. Not sure either of them knew what sport they were even at. To my left were two guys who wouldn't shut up about some stupid business discussion while paying no attention to the game (one of which said "what's that?" when his friend pointed out to him that Hamhuis had been named to the Olympic team. Directly behind me was a ginormous human being who was cheering for the Blues and was obnoxiously loud about how picking Hamhuis for team Canada was a huge mistake and how much he hated the "grab and hold" hockey (ironic) and how much of a cheap shot artist Kesler is. Rofl.

Great experience though, love Vancouver. The game was a lot of fun, place went nuts when Hamhuis threw the hipcheck (my personal favorite type of hit, haha).

It definitely got nerve wracking once Elliot was pulled.

10/10 would go again.

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
St.Louis are still lacking that top talent. Seems like they have a bunch of 2nd liner's and good, but not exceptional, defensemen. Also, having Elliott/Halak in net isn't an ideal situation.

Still have no idea how Bouwmeester got anywhere near an Olympic team. Really shows how poor the Canadian defensemen corp's are getting. From MacInnis, Pronger, Niedermayer, Blake, to Bouwmeester, Pietrangelo, Hamhuis, and Vlasic :help:.

I'd be pretty happy if we got paired with St.Louis in the post season. I'd love to see them have another hissy fit of epic proportions after multiple losses to us in days.

Tarasenko though. I wish we had him.

I believe Pietro and Shattenkirk are top 5 in D scoring. They're pretty damn good at D.

Agree about their top talent. Definitely lacking. And ditto with Goaltending.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
Tonight was the 2nd Canucks game I've seen live (the prior being in Buffalo earlier this season) and they're now 2-0 for games I've been too. Coincidence? I think not :sarcasm:

I was in 117 and as it was the first time I've been to a game at Rogers Arena I definitely saw what I've heard it's like there- to the right of me were 2 girls who I don't think ever looked up from their phones a single time between about 500 "selfies" and posting them on twitter/instagram/facebook, etc. Not sure either of them knew what sport they were even at. To my left were two guys who wouldn't shut up about some stupid business discussion while paying no attention to the game (one of which said "what's that?" when his friend pointed out to him that Hamhuis had been named to the Olympic team. Directly behind me was a ginormous human being who was cheering for the Blues and was obnoxiously loud about how picking Hamhuis for team Canada was a huge mistake and how much he hated the "grab and hold" hockey (ironic) and how much of a cheap shot artist Kesler is. Rofl.

Great experience though, love Vancouver. The game was a lot of fun, place went nuts when Hamhuis threw the hipcheck (my personal favorite type of hit, haha).

It definitely got nerve wracking once Elliot was pulled.

10/10 would go again.

I went down to the 110 area for warmup. I was in 306 during the game. I don't care much though as long as the logo is up right its a good seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark