Post-Game Talk: Do you believe in miracles!? Canucks hold a 2-1 lead and win against the Blues!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wetcoaster

Dalpe played well and subbing in for Henrik on face-offs going 6-9 / 67%.

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Blues are such sore losers. Whining and fighting after every game they lose. Primary reason it's tough to like them.

Canucks were gassed beyond measure the first time they played the Blues and beat them.

This time the Canucks are injury riddled have played a ton of games. 4th game in 6 nights and beat a Blues team missing Steen.

Still not impressed by them and I'd put LA CHI ANA SJ in front of them.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
If we got to play the blues, sharks, kings, or hawks. I would choose the blues, such an overrated team.

BTW Shocker, the blues start a scrum after another loss LOL

No, they aren't overrated. VAN matches up better against them, but they are excellent overall.

At the same time, LA may be a worse team overall than the Blues, but they are the toughest match up for the Canucks.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Bieksa diving at that puck... wtf? I swear he thinks he is doing everything right and trying 110% but it's just not as hard as he makes it look sometimes.

That was an amazing play for the wrong reason. i hope torts replays it to show them how much more time they have. Bieksa has a good sense of humour and would laugh at himself. Nice win mostly Lack. How can anyone say Stl is over rated

yoss

May 25, 2011
Knew we could count on the Blues for a win, they're like Colorado in that sense.

Wasn't pretty but take the 2 points and run. Nice to see Santo get the game winner.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Last team I wanna face is the kings.

IMO in order from teams we match up well against.

blues > Chicago > Sharks > Kings

shottasasa

Nov 16, 2011
Canada
That first period was so poor but we managed to pull it together in the second and third a bit better. Lack was on fire, and Zac Dalpe made the most of his opportunity with the twins. My god the last 3 minutes were nerve wracking, wtf is it with not being able to clear the zone or offer any puck support!

Something I am finding a bit more encouraging is that every player on the team has has stretches where they have looked really good. Hopefully they can get healthy and put it all together.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
My GOD! We...WE...actually held a 3rd period lead?! What's this world coming to?!

Also, LOL hardcore @ the Blues' GDT. Yeah guys, we're the ones clutching, grabbing, interfering...uh-huh. Last time I checked, knocking your own goal off when nobody touches you is a penalty, sorry about that. Well, no, actually I'm not sorry, but just saying. It's like watching Sharks fans complaining about diving or Bruins fans complaining about gooning and cheapshots. Best post: "Just once I wish we'd play them when we were rested" or something like that. Must have missed the last game when they had a week off before the game. :laugh:

-----------------

Anyway, pretty **** game generally. Constantly mucking up in the middle of the ice, very little sustained pressure, and even the Sedins are forgetting how to make passes. The Garrison/Bieksa pairing continues to flounder for the most part, but Corrado's doing well with his limited minutes. Quiet game from Kassian. Higgins looks like he's still getting over the flu. Richardson was good, I thought.

Damn, we need our injured guys back.

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
Hahaha when Stewart had that rush down the left wing and passed it across, I thought that was going to be the tying goal.

Can Chris Stewart ever fly! :O:O

Crazy Wheels on that guy...

Can we have a moment of silence for THE Hip Check on Maxim Lapierre courtesy of Our Canadian Olympian Dan Hamhuis

Last edited:

stuffradio

Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
I too noticed that they start fighting after the final horn when they lose to us (two games in a row). It's almost annoying.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Can Chris Stewart ever fly! :O:O

Crazy Wheels on that guy...

Can we have a moment of silence for Hip Check on Maxim Lapierre courtesy Our Canadian Olympian Dan Hamhuis

A045_YouthTipsHat.jpg

Lundface*

4 more years of regressing players. Yay so exciting. When was the last time they dominated a game ?

So you want them to win more Art Ross Trophies?

The amount of excuses you make for Kesler are astounding...especially when you consider he's declined significantly offensively already. His last full season was 49 points and he's on pace for about that many again this season. Scary part his is defensive game is also significantly worse...

I'd want them to dominate every game as well, but considering how poor this team is offensively I'd hope people would have the sense not to knock by far the most productive players on the team.

Wetcoaster

Vancouver Canucks ‏@VanCanucks 15m
Dalpe gets the coveted hat post-game
BdrQHVBIcAAlZ9o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad