Post-Game Talk: Do you believe in miracles!? Canucks hold a 2-1 lead and win against the Blues!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
I think Blues fans are probably a but stymied because we hung in with them and played a game very similar to their own.

prophetofgreed

Sep 12, 2012
I was curious about the comments about the Blues comments. Holy ****...

Last edited by a moderator:

CanadianPirate

Apr 17, 2007
Every fanbase does that after a loss, who cares?

Yeah but it hurts our feelings when others say bad things about the Canucks. So they need to stop it! *pout*

On a serious note. I missed the first two periods. I know that Dalpe scored with the Sedins but how did he look otherwise with them? Dangerous?

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Yeah but it hurts our feelings when others say bad things about the Canucks. So they need to stop it! *pout*

On a serious note. I missed the first two periods. I know that Dalpe scored with the Sedins but how did he look otherwise with them? Dangerous?

Not really. Sedins are clearly hurting, but at least Hank took a couple of faceoffs. Still not seeing any reason why Kassian shouldn't get a go on the top line, especially as everyone else seems to get a go.

CanadianPirate

Apr 17, 2007
Not really. Sedins are clearly hurting, but at least Hank took a couple of faceoffs. Still not seeing any reason why Kassian shouldn't get a go on the top line, especially as everyone else seems to get a go.

Hmm I think Torts really wants the Sedin's winger to be defensively responsible. Kassian can play with Kesler and Higgins because they allow him to play his style. I also would like to see Kassian with the Sedins eventually but I can understand why Torts doesn't. I guess until Burrows returns we will just have to continue waiting for the Sedins to have an effective linemate.

Why was Santo on the fourth line? Poor in the first and second? Or did he start there?

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
St.Louis are still lacking that top talent. Seems like they have a bunch of 2nd liner's and good, but not exceptional, defensemen. Also, having Elliott/Halak in net isn't an ideal situation.

Still have no idea how Bouwmeester got anywhere near an Olympic team. Really shows how poor the Canadian defensemen corp's are getting. From MacInnis, Pronger, Niedermayer, Blake, to Bouwmeester, Pietrangelo, Hamhuis, and Vlasic :help:.

I'd be pretty happy if we got paired with St.Louis in the post season. I'd love to see them have another hissy fit of epic proportions after multiple losses to us in days.

Tarasenko though. I wish we had him.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Hmm I think Torts really wants the Sedin's winger to be defensively responsible. Kassian can play with Kesler and Higgins because they allow him to play his style. I also would like to see Kassian with the Sedins eventually but I can understand why Torts doesn't. I guess until Burrows returns we will just have to continue waiting for the Sedins to have an effective linemate.

Why was Santo on the fourth line? Poor in the first and second? Or did he start there?

He didn't look fully great in the first and was demoted. He looked better as the game went on. He wasn't great in the dot either. I think santo looks best with Kesler and Higgins on the 2nd line.

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013

I thought Dalphe looked quite good he has some skills, good speed good hands he is gaining some

confidence in his game. The goal was a great tip he almost reminds me of Santorelli without quite the

same tenacity. I wouldn't mind Torts trying it again get the kid some more confidence in his game.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
I was curious about the comments about the Blues comments. Holy ****... I may have gotten brain cancer from all the stupid.

1. it was a game vs the Canucks and the average HF board poster is still drinking the media manufactured Koolaid BS about the cup run team. It has been years and there has been no progress on that front. I don't expect it to get cured any time soon as it just biased people confirm other biased people's opinions at this stage, people are going to have to think for themselves rather than join the group think.

2. Fans are never at their most rational after a loss. Not worth visiting other fans threads unless you are going there to be insulted. It's not like ours are much better.

3. One fanbase dragging other teams post game rants into their threads isn't a great look. Go, look, lol, and leave it at that.

Last edited:

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
Thinking about it now, it took a well rested Canucks on home ice, and a team playing 3 games on 4 nights back-to-back for us to barely hold the lead and lack making huge saves in the last minute to win...Didn't even have a chance to go for the empty netter.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Thinking about it now, it took a well rested Canucks, and a team playing 3 games on 4 nights back-to-back for us to barely hold the lead and lack making huge saves in the last minute to win...Didn't even have a chance to go for the empty netter.

We 2-0 against St Louis so far, and last game we were on the road at the end of a back to back. Why u make excuses for them?

donutz0r

Jan 12, 2010
Dallas. Go Canucks!
It took a well rested canucks, and a team playing 3 games on 4 nights back-to-back for us to barely hold the lead and lack making huge saves in the last minute to win...Didn't even have a chance to go for the empty netter.
I hear you. The PGT doesn't feel the same without the dozens of pages of whining fans. I really miss that. Hopefully we will lose the next game and things can be right in Canucks Nation again!

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
St.Louis are still lacking that top talent. Seems like they have a bunch of 2nd liner's and good, but not exceptional, defensemen. Also, having Elliott/Halak in net isn't an ideal situation.

Still have no idea how Bouwmeester got anywhere near an Olympic team. Really shows how poor the Canadian defensemen corp's are getting. From MacInnis, Pronger, Niedermayer, Blake, to Bouwmeester, Pietrangelo, Hamhuis, and Vlasic :help:.

I'd be pretty happy if we got paired with St.Louis in the post season. I'd love to see them have another hissy fit of epic proportions after multiple losses to us in days.

Blues are basically a deeper canucks with worse goaltending. I think we match up OK vs them. I think the canucks have a chance in a series vs most of the west, unpopular opinion I know. We could have won both our games vs the Pengs, won both vs Blues, started terrible vs SJ but finished that series strong, out played Anaheim and Phx in some games. Like I said we wouldn't be favourites but we have a solid chance of an upset.

Lundface*

Blues are basically a deeper canucks with worse goaltending. I think we match up OK vs them. I think the canucks have a chance in a series vs most of the west, unpopular opinion I know. We could have won both our games vs the Pengs, won both vs Blues, started terrible vs SJ but finished that series strong, out played Anaheim and Phx in some games. Like I said we wouldn't be favourites but we have a solid chance of an upset.

I don't mind Vancouver's chances against most of the West if healthy either.

I don't think Van stacks up well with San Jose at all. I don't think Anaheim or LA are that favorable either but they aren't unbeatable. I'd actually feel semi confident against the Central teams, I guess the wild card/cross over is this teams best chance.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Canucks for some reason play the Blues really well, its great now we have to figure out how to do this with LA and SJS.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
I didn't like how many turnovers we had in our own zone. Too many times a Blues forechecker intercepted a breakout pass or a puck intended to a defensive partner, and Lack had to be stellar. It's nice to have gotten the W, but the guys really need to clean it up to hang with the best.

Caspian

Jun 3, 2006

I like how you forgot Eric Brewer and Ed Jovanovski were on that team that won gold.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
The doom and gloom before this game was disturbing. Have a little faith people. We have a good team that is banged up and not firing on all cylinders at the moment.

And oh yeah...

I-Told-You-So-430x232.jpg

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
The Blues are 3-0 against the Hawks and 0-3 against the Sharks and I would never for one minute think the Blues could beat the Hawks in a 7 game series until it actually happened. Then again, Im pretty sure the Blues would beat the Sharks in a 7 game series. Weird.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site

Haha, how nice of you to leave off Weber, Keith, Subban, Doughty.

just22

Aug 2, 2009
You just know Steen would have scored at least one. Classic Steen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad