Waived: DLR/Pleks Waived

Will He Get Claimed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
I'd be shocked if he was claim, but not disappointed.

More talented players have pushed him down the depth chart.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
Umm...for all those who is talking about Pleky...it's simple, you do NOT get rid of your former 1'st line 'Lifer' Hab with just a couple of games to go till his 1000th game just so you can keep a fringe 4th line player. Look, I never really liked Pleky, I admit that, but that's just pure dumb.
and I say this, yet MB got rid of Markov (with 10 games to go and actually still useful) and replaced him with Alzner and or Streit, so what do I know...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
For a team that should be building towards the future, I would have rather they just not brought Pleks back and had DLR on the 4th line. Maybe he never ends up doing much but better to see what he might do vs what we know Pleks will do for us. Not that it's bad to have a vet like Pleks around, but for me that ship should have stayed sailed last year.

That said I wonder if the Ducks take a look, they have all those injuries. Wings like their Swedish players so they might be interested without looking at their roster. Maybe they will pick him and move him to defense, I know at least one or two posters kept saying he should have been moved to the blueline.

Reactions: Fixxer and 417

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I didnt blame him...its not his fault management brought him back.

But clearly, his presence, means 1 less spot for one of the waiver eligible kids whose pushing for an NHL job.

Plekanec's presence on this team is almost entirely sentimental because he doesn't have much left to give on the ice.

Of course, his experience and knowledge is also important and he brings that...but at 2.75M and the potential loss of a DLR and/or Scherbak.

That's ill advised imo.

Look at a guy like Peca...a natural center, who has to get shifted to LW to accommodate #14, yesterday was an exception given circumstances.

But Peca had a great game, madd a great touch pass on Plekanec goal and another markov'ish pass to Hudon on his goal.

Next game, with Shaw coming back...guess who has to sit??
Pleks had a hell of a game last night.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Look at the size the team has ditched in favour of small forwards? It seems to be the new philosophy. Peca, Domi, Byron, Gallagher, Pleks, Suzuki.. this team is way too small to do anything but have a few good games here and there.

Skill >>>>>> Size

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Pleks had a hell of a game last night.
I mean...sure.

Doesn't really change the scope of what I said.

This team would of been better served seeing what DLR could do this season.

Not a big deal for now...I think he clears waivers, but if he doesn't, he's going to go to a team that wants him and I think he has the ability to stick as a 4th line C who can play on the PK and chip in offensively.

If that happens....again, not a huge deal, but bad asset management.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

But clearly, his presence, means 1 less spot for one of the waiver eligible kids whose pushing for an NHL job.

Plekanec's presence on this team is almost entirely sentimental because he doesn't have much left to give on the ice.

Of course, his experience and knowledge is also important and he brings that...but at 2.75M and the potential loss of a DLR and/or Scherbak.

That's ill advised imo.

Look at a guy like Peca...a natural center, who has to get shifted to LW to accommodate #14, yesterday was an exception given circumstances.

But Peca had a great game, madd a great touch pass on Plekanec goal and another markov'ish pass to Hudon on his goal.

Youre probably the only one here caring for peca. The Guy looks like a 4th liner when at His best.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
If DLR does not get claimed and ends up in Laval, I hope he goes down there ready to work. He still has bottom line potential. Maybe Bouchard can help him.
Looking at Bouchard's filmed practice and how he commands intensity/involvment, DLR will have no choice but to be ready to work!

Reactions: Tyson

greyboy67

Feb 11, 2004
Youre probably the only one here caring for peca. The Guy looks like a 4th liner when at His best.

No, he's not. I like him as well.

Suggestion: if you want to have a dialog with someone, don't get personal. For example:

"You're probably the only one here caring for Peca. The guy looks like a 4th liner when at his best."

Why do that? A response that would invite more conversation instead of setting up a confrontation:

"I had a much different reaction to the game. Peca looks like a 4th liner, at best."

Isn't that much better?

P. S. I copy-edited the quote from your post. No need to thank me!

Reactions: Peter Puck

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
It's not fair to the player to keep him around if he's not going to be playing. Like McCarron, just too many ahead of him right now.

I do believe he is good enough to play on a couple of teams, someone has to want to take on the contract though.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York

That's ill advised imo.

I agree that Plekanec is nothing more than a space filler at this point. I don't mind his return - it wasn't smart mind you, but this is a lost year either way and I'm ok with them bringing Pleks back for sentimental reasons after letting Markov down. In a perfect world he'd be a 13th forward this year, but that's on Julien.

That said, there's a lot of guys who deserve it more than De La Rose. I'd rather see Peca or Scherbak get a chance than Pleks (or Shaw for that matter), but DLR isn't even good enough to beat out Deslauriers, let alone any of them.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Hope he does not get claimed. Liked to see what Joel can do with him

Just like Mike Condon few years ago...the Pens claimed him,and if they tried to send him to AHL we could have got him back.....but they actually found a trade for him with Ottawa..lol

..not sure DLR would get claimed on waivers and able to get flipped again ..but anyways he gotta stay on the NHL roster of the team claiming him ...or we get first dibs on getting him back (if we want)

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I agree that Plekanec is nothing more than a space filler at this point. I don't mind his return - it wasn't smart mind you, but this is a lost year either way and I'm ok with them bringing Pleks back for sentimental reasons after letting Markov down. In a perfect world he'd be a 13th forward this year, but that's on Julien.

That said, there's a lot of guys who deserve it more than De La Rose. I'd rather see Peca or Scherbak get a chance than Pleks (or Shaw for that matter), but DLR isn't even good enough to beat out Deslauriers, let alone any of them.

Pleky got his 1000th in the NHL soon to have 1000th in a Habs jersey...and now he is going for 642 career pts with Montreal and that puts him in the top 10 all time....he is just 36 more pts away... Before he retires that will be something he accomplishes..he would be a fool not to do it...think of all the players to ever play for the Habs and Pleks is the top 10 all time scorer in Montreal Canadiens history..pretty amazing...When he makes it to 10th , i hope they celebrate that on the ice....

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Is DLR on a one way contract? If so, he could very well clear.

He makes near 1 million if he plays in AHL...for a lot of teams that's a turn off...and if they claim him and then weeks or months later try to send him down to the AHL, we get him back if we want..we can reclaim his rights...

Reactions: BLONG7

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Yeah, I think DLR is an NHLer.
So?...Many NHLers get put on waivers and unclaimed. Not sure what DLR has done for you to be shocked if he doesn't get claimed.

Also, you think all young Habs prospects are NHLers...don't you?

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Habs have been very bad drafting players from Scandinavian countries. Only Mats Naslund, Saku Koivu and possibly Kotkaniemi were successful picks. (ylonen, Olofson and Ikonen are still question marks) Many other teams had and have way more success with their picks.

Finland is not part of Scandinavia though.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Good luck DLR, my only memory of you was the time that we played the Coyotes and Max Domi gave you several face washes with his glove and you did nothing.

I tried looking for the sequence but unfortunately all I came up with is a tweet about it -- where its author claims that it was more than a facewash:

Followed the link to the sportsnet game clip and the incident wasn't made part of the highlights.

Tried the GDT of the game, plus several twitter and Y/T searches. Couldn't come up with a PGT. Too bad. Was hoping someone had made a gif of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: OldCraig71
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad