Will He Get Claimed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacciosoftie

Curved Dach
Oct 26, 2017
Why risk losing DLR who is still young and showed promise over plekanetsss who is done after this season? Or atleast try getting ANY draft pick for DLR?

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
That’s why I don’t like the sycophant Brian Wilde. He’s always been adamant on JDLR becoming something at the NHL level, completely convinced. They waive him today and he’s like “no big deal”.

So desperate to get the team to give him credentials.

Reactions: WhiskeySeven*

Montrealer

What, me worry?
Dec 12, 2002
Chambly QC
That’s why I don’t like the sycophant Brian Wilde. He’s always been adamant on JDLR becoming something at the NHL level, completely convinced. They waive him today and he’s like “no big deal”.

So desperate to get the team to give him credentials.

He's got them as part of his Global gig.

I don't mind Brian, I think he's just an eternal optimist.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
We could be ready to let go another big centre...interesting. Guess our player development guys failed again?
I see your point. Something is seriously wrong with our team. I think it is a combination of things. Easy to say, I know. But, WTF!

habsfan92

Jun 5, 2005
winnipeg
A 4th line player who has shown absolutely nothing offensively is not an enticing pick up for anybody. He is a one way-defensive forward. That's all. Can't believe that any team sees more to his game. Not really physical, not really a faceoff guy, not really a shutdown forward...guys like this that can't chip in with any offence are not players in the new NHL. A solid defensive game is not enough. Tons of these guys available. Dano at least has some offensive upside, but a lot of teams passed on him until Colorado grabbed him. And Eller is like 10x the player DLR is, btw.

Gabe84

Bring back Bonk!
Feb 13, 2007
Montreal, QC
AHL salary still wouldn't hit the cap number.
I know fans have a hard time understanding this but while we're concerned with the salary cap as fans, actual dollars paid to players is a big deal. Paying 850k to a dude to play in the minors is a huge deal to a team like Ottawa. It definitely is a deterent. They might not want to get stuck with that contract for two years.

GordonGraham

Sep 12, 2009
Straight from the injury list to waiver will the same thing happen to Deslauriers in a few days ?

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
He's got them as part of his Global gig.

I don't mind Brian, I think he's just an eternal optimist.

I think at this point it’s clear he’s just brown-nosing. He wasn’t like this before when he had what he thought was a stable job. As soon as he lost that, he started playing the optimist.

Reactions: WhiskeySeven*

Jul 6, 2016
I am sure MB tried very hard to trade him (or someone else) instead of having to place him (or another player) thru waivers. I guess 30 other GMs judged that DLR (or that other player) was not worth losing an asset or a pick for him (or that other player).

If he's taken and got a job elsewhere at NHL level, good for him. If not, Habs still got him and will recall him if need be. Or, it will be like Olofson. he will pass the waivers and he will get traded soon after.

Last edited:

Jul 6, 2016
We keep blaming development, maybe the problem is drafting the wrong player to begin with.

Habs have been very bad drafting players from Scandinavian countries. Only Mats Naslund, Saku Koivu and possibly Kotkaniemi were successful picks. (ylonen, Olofson and Ikonen are still question marks) Many other teams had and have way more success with their picks.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Habs have been very bad drafting players from Scandinavian countries. Only Mats Naslund, Saku Koivu and possibly Kotkaniemi were successful picks. (ylonen, Olofson and Ikonen are still question marks) Many other teams had and have way more success with their picks.
I think Lehkonen will pan out. Damn good 2nd round pick

Jul 6, 2016
DLR was not a bad pick imo...

I'm sure the organization is not happy with this waiving..

Easy solution would had been to cut Kotkaniemi to make some room... Who do you keep ? Kotkaniemi or DLR ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad