Will He Get Claimed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
That’s why I don’t like the sycophant Brian Wilde. He’s always been adamant on JDLR becoming something at the NHL level, completely convinced. They waive him today and he’s like “no big deal”.

So desperate to get the team to give him credentials.
Well said.

I'd even go on to say that they're all like that - Engles, Arpon Basu, etc. I unsubscribed from The Athletic once I caught onto their schtick. Why pay for literally the same level of access and insight? Not one interesting thing revealed from any of the hundreds of pieces they've churned out. I sure as hell don't need their """analysis""" either. That's why I'm here :) As for Engles, he's desperately trying to make a name for himself and he's become a bland, inoffensive stiff in the process. Bah.

Reactions: le_sean

Janne Niinimaa

"Character"
Sep 28, 2017
Montreal
We keep blaming development, maybe the problem is drafting the wrong player to begin with.
The 15 picks after JDLR were Compher, Fucale, Zykov, Hurley, Dauphin, Elie, Hagg, Santini, Petan, Jarry, Sorensen, Olofsson, Vannelli, Nastasiuk and Boudreau.

No player in that group is clearly better than De La Rose. He definitely was not a bad pick.

Reactions: montreal

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Sucks, because he's one of our big players and he can actually plays C, but...
He's a very, very replaceable player in the grand scheme of things.

Reactions: jaffy27

Harpo

Lyle forever
Sep 20, 2007
Quebec City
I guess in the long run it's better to take a chance on DLR and waive Plekanec, but if DLR has no trade value and you don't think he'll ever be more than a 4th liner, then it's better to keep Plekanec (or Scherbak) and trade them eventually for a better value. Someone will pay something for Pleks as insurance at the deadline, but no one will pay for DLR. Would've liked to keep him in case he becomes a good 3rd line center, but he's the obvious choice if you have to put someone on waivers at the moment.

Garo

Jul 30, 2005
Montréal
The 15 picks after JDLR were Compher, Fucale, Zykov, Hurley, Dauphin, Elie, Hagg, Santini, Petan, Jarry, Sorensen, Olofsson, Vannelli, Nastasiuk and Boudreau.

No player in that group is clearly better than De La Rose. He definitely was not a bad pick.

Nonsense, look at the entire round! The best scorer out of it so far is *check notes* Artturi Lehkonen

Reactions: Toene and jaffy27

Jul 6, 2016
DLR could had been (and still could be) a very good 4th line center for the Habs. The re-signing of Plekky and the Peca signing are puzzling for me.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
DLR could had been (and still could be) a very good 4th line center for the Habs. The re-signing of Plekky and the Peca signing are puzzling for me.
4th line centres are a dime a dozen......nobody will convince me this is a great loss if he ends up being claimed....and I didn’t mind the player either

Reactions: Runner77

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I struggle to remember a player that half the fanbase thinks is forgettable and half seems to adore.

I'm in the forgettable camp. He said himself during camp before his cardiac event he was disappointed in his own play compared to others, and he lost his place in the lineup. That simple.

Holy cimonac, un revenant!

That’s why I don’t like the sycophant Brian Wilde. He’s always been adamant on JDLR becoming something at the NHL level, completely convinced. They waive him today and he’s like “no big deal”.

So desperate to get the team to give him credentials.

What did our great house scout from Shawville say today?

Straight from the injury list to waiver will the same thing happen to Deslauriers in a few days ?

I doubt it. He's more valuable as a 4th liner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Runner77

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I'm shocked Julien didn't play him much tbh, he strikes me as the kind of player he'd have a hard on for. No one misses Tom Pyatt, no one will miss his clone JDLR.

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
De La Rose showed last season at the end that he can be a 3C when given the ice time. Montreal trashed his development by rushing him to the NHL yet he’s still young enough he has untapped offense in there. Under 10 minutes a game with stone handed wingers doesn’t help. I will be very surprised if he clears, however very pumped if he doesn’t so he can get some top 6 AHL minutes.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Not worried ..if some other team does claim him he has to play in NHL or we can get him back .....

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
De La Rose showed last season at the end that he can be a 3C when given the ice time. Montreal trashed his development by rushing him to the NHL yet he’s still young enough he has untapped offense in there. Under 10 minutes a game with stone handed wingers doesn’t help. I will be very surprised if he clears, however very pumped if he doesn’t so he can get some top 6 AHL minutes.

You mean when he was playing with the 3rd liner Alex Galchenyuk? LOL

DLR never show he could handle a 3rd line role, EVER.

Reactions: Habs4Life

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
There’s just so much of DLR to like and leave you wanting. He’s big, good skater and great defensively. He’s even capable of producing some offence when he has confidence. Don’t think he’ll even become more then a bottom 6 player but still has a solid frame and hockey IQ that I’d like to see him stay. Highly doubt it though. He’ll be missed if he is picked up.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
There’s just so much of DLR to like and leave you wanting. He’s big, good skater and great defensively. He’s even capable of producing some offence when he has confidence. Don’t think he’ll even become more then a bottom 6 player but still has a solid frame and hockey IQ that I’d like to see him stay. Highly doubt it though. He’ll be missed if he is picked up.

His hockey IQ just disappear by magic when entering the other teams bluelines, how convenient!!!

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
DLR's roster spot has always been directly tied into Plekanec.

Last year he couldn't get any ice time when Plekanec was here, as soon as they traded him, DLR started playing and producing (8pts in 20 games).

When they re-signed Plekanec, I had a sneaking suspicion it was the end for DLR.

Most will say no big deal...but part of me hopes he lands on a team that finds a clearly defined role for him, cause he's a better player than the coaching staff has gotten out of him.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
He's a 4th liner and not even close to one of the better ones in the organization.

I thought he had promise as a pick, but he never developed at all. If anything he regressed as he is no longer bigger than the competition at this level.

I hope he's claimed for everyone's sake. Get one of the plugs off the books, and give him a fresh start elsewhere. Though I just don't see it.

Reactions: Habs4Life

Jul 6, 2016
Well it was either him or Scherbak, and I'd rather see Sherbak with an actual extended look. So, I dont hate it.

With Plekky, Shaw, Peca, Hudon and Deslauriers, Habs have enough 4th liners. Scherbak should be a middle-six player at least. If they don't have space for him, just trade him.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
DLR's roster spot has always been directly tied into Plekanec.

Last year he couldn't get any ice time when Plekanec was here, as soon as they traded him, DLR started playing and producing (8pts in 20 games).

When they re-signed Plekanec, I had a sneaking suspicion it was the end for DLR.

Most will say no big deal...but part of me hopes he lands on a team that finds a clearly defined role for him, cause he's a better player than the coaching staff has gotten out of him.

Come on, you can't blame Plekanec for EVERYTHING. De La Rose couldn't even stand out at the AHL level. This team is full of fringe 4th liners who have shown more than DLR. I hope he gets a chance elsewhere, but by no metrics is he even a good 4th liner.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
If DLR does not get claimed and ends up in Laval, I hope he goes down there ready to work. He still has bottom line potential. Maybe Bouchard can help him.

Reactions: 417

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Come on, you can't blame Plekanec for EVERYTHING. De La Rose couldn't even stand out at the AHL level. This team is full of fringe 4th liners who have shown more than DLR. I hope he gets a chance elsewhere, but by no metrics is he even a good 4th liner.
I didnt blame him...its not his fault management brought him back.

But clearly, his presence, means 1 less spot for one of the waiver eligible kids whose pushing for an NHL job.

Plekanec's presence on this team is almost entirely sentimental because he doesn't have much left to give on the ice.

Of course, his experience and knowledge is also important and he brings that...but at 2.75M and the potential loss of a DLR and/or Scherbak.

That's ill advised imo.

Look at a guy like Peca...a natural center, who has to get shifted to LW to accommodate #14, yesterday was an exception given circumstances.

But Peca had a great game, madd a great touch pass on Plekanec goal and another markov'ish pass to Hudon on his goal.

Next game, with Shaw coming back...guess who has to sit??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad