Disturbing e-mails leak of Eugene Melnyk bashing a Senators campaign. 📢 VIEWERS DISCRETION IS ADVISED 📢

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
It's too bad no one informed Melnyk that the way he ran the organization was why it was seen as a joke, not any of these ad campaigns the marketing team came up with.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Don’t worry I know a good vet to get your rabies vaccine.
latest

• Haha
Reactions: MD93

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I wonder what would have happened if this came out a few months earlier. Would the league stand back and do nothing? The Donald Sterling situation was taken care of pretty quickly by the NBA. With the Blackhawks situation though, I wouldn’t expect much from the NHL.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Not saying these things shouldn't be reported once someone's died, but I wish this came out when he was still around.

But it's terrible stuff, and a glaring example of his ineptitude at his position.

Hockey is and should always remain for everyone.

Reactions: AzHawk

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Had no idea players/staff etc all had this belief of him, and clearly for good reason. How did the NHL tolerate it?

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
This is what I said on the Sens board - glad to see it’s true.

“This is going to surprise alot of fans outside of Ottawa but most fans of the Sens have heard rumours of these types of things.

It’s unfortunate that I have to say this doesn’t surprise me.”

Sens fans didnt JUST hate him because of ehat he did at the outdoor game. Most of us knew he was a POS and have been hearing about it for years.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Melnyk owned the goddamn franchise. He has every right to pull a campaign that he does not agree with. Whoever leaked these emails is a POS

With the way his behavior is described in the article, and how hands on he was, he probably approved both campaigns he was upset about. He was very clearly a terrible person. His passing was sad, but it does not negate that.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
Had no idea players/staff etc all had this belief of him, and clearly for good reason. How did the NHL tolerate it?
1. There are in all likelihood some people just like him at the top of league management
2. Money and ownership of capital puts you above consequences. Melnyk might have been a terrible owner that f***ed over the franchise and, by extension, the league in being a dumbass with one of their 32 teams, and he might also have been a bigot that no one liked to be around or work for, but he still owned the team. There is no meritocracy or moral virtue to purchasing and owning something.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Can't even say money, because Melnyk. Just an old boys club, acknowledging the problem would make the league look bad. They didn't expect A) for the guy to kick the bucket at this age. B) For any of it to leak out.

If anyone thinks that this is just Melnyk, or the only owner like this, I have a bridge to sell you.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
“Melnyk also “fired” senior staff members on a regular basis, although he rarely followed through on those terminations. It was not uncommon for executives to be told to clean out their desks but return to the office the next day as if nothing had happened.”

They pulled a Costanza and IT WORKED!?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad