Disturbing e-mails leak of Eugene Melnyk bashing a Senators campaign. 📢 VIEWERS DISCRETION IS ADVISED 📢

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
Melnyk being a POS was well known, in a general sense at least.

But it would have been better for all these details to have been released when he was still kicking around. That way he would have died knowing everyone else knew too.
This article was long known to be in the works. He knew exactly what they were going to report and didn't care, this article paints a pretty clear picture of the kind of person he was and he would never have thought any of the things that were reported in it were wrong.

Reactions: bert

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
If any of this had come out while he was alive - not sure why it didn't - maybe he would've been railroaded out of the league a lot sooner. :dunno:

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
If any of this had come out while he was alive - not sure why it didn't - maybe he would've been railroaded out of the league a lot sooner. :dunno:
The reporters involved with this article have been putting it together for a long time, im sure there were many other stories they were working on that didnt get included because they didn't get strong enough evidence to report them.

Reactions: bert

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Kind of reads like projection by him. As in he was embarrassed of his team and how they were viewed =, was insecure about the finances and fans, and projected these insecurities onto this campaign

Reactions: Norwegianoiler

fryfunk

Feb 4, 2022
It was really weird seeing so many people suddenly praising him just because he died.
You'd pretty much get banned for implying the world is a better place without him.

Now all of a sudden people are pulling a massive U-Turn and acting shocked Melnyk would do something like this.

Seriously, don't know where people's priorities are. This is a guy who was ripping off charities.

I mean you can at least sort of see where he was coming from. These are not good photos. I mean independent of orientation. The straight one in the lower right being the worst of the 3. It looks like the kind of adds used by a cheap strip mall in etobicoke to sell mortgage insurance.

Reactions: Iwuwd and Waterbuf

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
I'm just wondering if there are any here, or anyone that has family members, that benefitted from his generous side?

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
You'd pretty much get banned for implying the world is a better place without him.

Now all of a sudden people are pulling a massive U-Turn and acting shocked Melnyk would do something like this.

Seriously, don't know where people's priorities are. This is a guy who was ripping off charities.

I mean you can at least sort of see where he was coming from. These are not good photos. I mean independent of orientation. The straight one in the lower right being the worst of the 3. It looks like the kind of adds used by a cheap strip mall in etobicoke to sell mortgage insurance.

Melnyk has a complicated relationship with Sens fans. There wouldn't be an Ottawa Senators without him buying and saving the club, so he's responsible for us being here. He's also responsible for the crashing and burning of the organization.

Its not black and white. There's a lot of grey. We all know/knew he was a bad person, but also didnt feel like dancing on somoenes grave because we wanted him to sell the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad