Nov 22, 2007
upload_2021-1-30_9-2-18.png

Tomorrow. Sad.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Get used to it. This is the way of the future and because of that we cut the cord this year... I guess about six months ago now. DirecTV was raising their prices to $275 (!) a month which was absurd since we really only watch sports outside of Disney+, Netflix, etc. I got a bundle with Comcast to get upgraded home internet and 125+ channels streaming (no cable box) and it only cost us an additional $2/month for two years if we signed a two-year contract which was a no brainer. Comcast also threw in free Peacock for six months. We pay for the Disney+/Hulu+/ESPN+ bundle and share that with our in-laws and use their Netflix.

The XFinity Beta streaming app isn't anything special and I occasionally miss some of the features from having a cable box but generally we've been really happy. Saving a ton of money and we have access to more stuff than we did before. Makes the sting of everything going behind a paywall not as bad.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Well they did go down a man 2 minutes into the game. And then down to 9 around the 85th minute, after which they gave up 3 goals.

I guess it does make Arsenal playing 20+ minutes down 2 men and only losing 2-1 look a decent amount better though.

Maybe. Leno's red card was a little iffy but stupid on his part. The Luiz card was possibly a reputation call, I didn't see much on the replay.

If there's a team dumber than Arsenal in the EPL I'm not sure who it would be.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Maybe. Leno's red card was a little iffy but stupid on his part. The Luiz card was possibly a reputation call, I didn't see much on the replay.

If there's a team dumber than Arsenal in the EPL I'm not sure who it would be.

Looking at the Luiz call I think he got jobbed. He didn’t even try to make a challenge. The guy’s foot hit Luiz’s knee as Luiz was running behind him. Penalty yes but no way is that a red card IMO. So yeah maybe a reputation call on the field but I’m not sure how VAR upheld that part of the call. Leno was just stupid.

I did see that since Luiz joined Arsenal he’s been sent off 3 times and given up 6 penalties. Nobody else in that time has been sent off more than twice or given up more than 3 penalties. That’s either one.

Luiz is who he is...

Reactions: g00n

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Liverpool denied entry to Leipzig for UCL match

Leipzig could also try to convince Liverpool to swap the games, but, according to German outlet Bild, the Premier League side are not willing to do so.

The two legs of the Champions League round of 16 must be completed by April 2. If Leipzig fail to propose a suitable venue, UEFA could decide to rule the match 3-0 in Liverpool's favour.
The German club are confident they will be able to find a neutral venue.

"We are in talks and we are working on a solution. We will be playing somewhere," Leipzig executive Oliver Mintzlaff told the news agency SID late on Thursday.

In the Europa League, Arsenal's home and away games against Benfica may be affected by British restrictions on travel to and from Portugal.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Liverpool denied entry to Leipzig for UCL match

Leipzig could also try to convince Liverpool to swap the games, but, according to German outlet Bild, the Premier League side are not willing to do so.

The two legs of the Champions League round of 16 must be completed by April 2. If Leipzig fail to propose a suitable venue, UEFA could decide to rule the match 3-0 in Liverpool's favour.
The German club are confident they will be able to find a neutral venue.

"We are in talks and we are working on a solution. We will be playing somewhere," Leipzig executive Oliver Mintzlaff told the news agency SID late on Thursday.

In the Europa League, Arsenal's home and away games against Benfica may be affected by British restrictions on travel to and from Portugal.

Under the circumstances Liverpool not being willing to switch the games around is pretty crappy IMO.

Reactions: ovikovy817

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Not sure I can think of a 1, 2 punch of off the field idiocy quite like what Ajax has experienced recently.

1st they forget to register record signing Sebastian Haller for the knockout rounds of the Europa League.

Then their number 1 goaltender gets banned for a year for PED’s after supposedly accidentally taking one of his wife’s pills when he wasn’t feeling well.

WTF?!?!?

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Holy crap, other than the late game on Sunday every time slot has a non-peacock game this weekend.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Spuds got jobbed on that penalty call but Citeh are showing they can beat you in so many ways.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I think Giroud is the luckiest, right-place-at-the-right-time forward I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad