OT: Discusión del Fútbol (EPL, FIFA, LIGA, USMNT, USWNT, MLS, etc) - Parte Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Citeh drop more points today. I don’t see Fabinho being missing today mattering too much against Brighton and Liverpool have a fairly easy schedule all the way to Boxing Day so they may escape it meaning anything at all up until then.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Citeh drop more points today. I don’t see Fabinho being missing today mattering too much against Brighton and Liverpool have a fairly easy schedule all the way to Boxing Day so they may escape it meaning anything at all up until then.

The top 4 are clearly the class of the league this year but everyone not below the relegation line can jump up and surprise any given week. 13 games in and the 5th place Wolves are only 9 points clear of Norwich and 6 points clear of being on the bubble.

Hard to imagine BHA winning but a tie would not be impossible (though a bit outrageous).

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Emery had to go but Arsenal have clearly been lacking solid backline presence for a while. They fielded possibly the weakest, least-physical 4 possible today. Mustafi is a disaster in particular.

Not much defensive help from the midfielders, either. Some changes to the roster are in order.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Pretty crazy Watford fired their second manager of the season.

Refusing to go quietly into relegation....

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Would have much preferred France and Germany spread out to make the other groups more interesting....

With the incredibly convoluted setup of this tournament I don’t think any of it matters too much. 4 of the 6 3rd place teams will advance anyway and if Germany comes in 3rd in their group and advance they would play their round of 16 game at home. This is pretty much the dumbest tournament setup I’ve ever seen.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Emery had to go but Arsenal have clearly been lacking solid backline presence for a while.

Yeah this has been their issue forever. They haven’t had a dominant central defender since Sol Campbell left the first time after the Champions League final season in ‘06. And they haven’t had a world class defense midfielder to shield the back line since Gilberto Silva left after ‘08. Every other place on the field they have had plenty of talent but nobody has had a softer middle defensively than Arsenal for over 10 years, which is frankly absurd.

Reactions: g00n

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002

I struggle to see what they really need at this time though. Going with young academy grads has served them very well. Sure they could maybe use a little more depth in a few places but bringing in players of a certain status will definitely take away opportunities from the youngsters who are thriving. A commanding central defender is about the only thing they actually need IMO.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I struggle to see what they really need at this time though. Going with young academy grads has served them very well. Sure they could maybe use a little more depth in a few places but bringing in players of a certain status will definitely take away opportunities from the youngsters who are thriving. A commanding central defender is about the only thing they actually need IMO.

I would agree....they need to reshape some depth. Alonso is out of favor, needs to be replaced, Pedro too, Giroud. Willian possibly too as he’s out of contract soon.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Applied today for the euro 2020 tickets.

In fact I want to go more to visit some cities with a colleague than see the matches, because she's not too into football, so I decided to let her pick some cities and I was looking for the games after.

Results will be known late january

So applied for

Netherlands - Ukraine
and
Netherlands vs Austria
in Amsterdam
already been there several times, but I'm sure the athmosphere will be good there during football games and I choose this city too, because it's only 3h away by car from my place

Denmark vs Russia in Copenhagen (never been there)
Portugal vs France in Budapest (never been there)

Then I choose the "follow my team ticket" for the Round of 16.
So if Russia qualifies, (and if I got the tickets), I can go and see them in : 4 possibilities
-Amsterdam (if they're 2nd in the group)
-Bucharest / Glasgow (if they're 3rd) (never been there)
-Bilbao (if they're 1st) (never been there)

And I also applied for the final.

So I hope Russia will finish in second place in their group, so I can go and see them in Amsterdam in 1/8
Also if I get the Budapest's tickets, that could be an awesome 2-3 days in the city.

Reactions: g00n

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

In fact I want to go more to visit some cities with a colleague than see the matches, because she's not too into football, so I decided to let her pick some cities and I was looking for the games after.

So applied for

Netherlands - Ukraine
and
Netherlands vs Austria
in Amsterdam
already been there several times, but I'm sure the athmosphere will be good there during football games and I choose this city too, because it's only 3h away by car from my place

So if Russia qualifies, (and if I got the tickets), I can go and see them in : 4 possibilities

So I hope Russia will finish in second place in their group, so I can go and see them in Amsterdam in 1/8
Also if I get the Budapest's tickets, that could be an awesome 2-3 days in the city.

Sounds awesome. Best of luck getting your preferred tickets. Atmosphere at any of those would be awesome.

Reactions: ovikovy817

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

So applied for

Netherlands - Ukraine
and
Netherlands vs Austria
in Amsterdam

Colleague? Seems a bit formal. ;)

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
I would agree....they need to reshape some depth. Alonso is out of favor, needs to be replaced, Pedro too, Giroud. Willian possibly too as he’s out of contract soon.

And now they have lost 4 of their last 5 in the league and have to go to Spuds next weekend. Maybe they need some reinforcements after all...

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
https://www.espn.com/soccer/arsenal...rg-calls-on-club-to-find-his-replacement-fast

Arsenal's interim head coach Freddie Ljungberg said the club needed to hurry up and appoint a new permanent manager after a crushing 3-0 home loss to Manchester City on Sunday, regardless of who that hire might be.

Screw that, take your time and try to get the right guy after the season. They aren’t getting relegated and a season completely out of Europe will be good for them.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Real vs City should be a good one.

One of my ex colleague is a ticket season holder at FC Brugge.
And MU will play them in Belgium on 20th February, one day after my birthday. I'll call him today and ask him if he can get 1 ticket for me too lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->