OT: Discusión del Fútbol (EPL, FIFA, LIGA, USMNT, USWNT, MLS, etc) - Parte Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
The paywall is a kick in the shins for those of us who have a cable service i.e. Youtube TV. I already pay 65 dollars a month and that isn't even counting what I pay for mediocre internet from Comcast...and you're telling me that these games aren't even on TV? That I have to pay extra to put them on an app that I have to buy a streaming stick for?

Sep 19, 2008
Get used to it. This is the way of the future and because of that we cut the cord this year... I guess about six months ago now. DirecTV was raising their prices to $275 (!) a month which was absurd since we really only watch sports outside of Disney+, Netflix, etc. I got a bundle with Comcast to get upgraded home internet and 125+ channels streaming (no cable box) and it only cost us an additional $2/month for two years if we signed a two-year contract which was a no brainer. Comcast also threw in free Peacock for six months. We pay for the Disney+/Hulu+/ESPN+ bundle and share that with our in-laws and use their Netflix.

The XFinity Beta streaming app isn't anything special and I occasionally miss some of the features from having a cable box but generally we've been really happy. Saving a ton of money and we have access to more stuff than we did before. Makes the sting of everything going behind a paywall not as bad.
275 is insane and I can see why people don't want cable if it's that high

Honestly I just keep Youtube TV which I think is the best along with an internet service to stream said Youtube off of

The problem is that I expect games to air on YTTV on the regular however more and more games are being shifted behind paywalls. With NBCSN shutting down there is a dangerous reality that more and more hockey games may be put on Peacock behind a paywall. When the Caps and joe B go behind paywall even for existing cable customers then it will go too far. And don't think the companies won't do it. They put everything behind a paywall now. CL, EPL, Serie A, Bundesliga. The other sports are next.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002

They had a very bloated squad coming into the season so it is what it is. I’m happy they at least have sent some of their younger players who need playing time out on loan. They also found a way to get rid of the guys early who weren’t playing at all and were going to be out of contract after this season anyway.

I would be a little surprised if the next culling of the playing staff is as extensive as that article says, particularly concerning the younger home grown players. Lacazette and Luiz? Sure. The writing was on the wall concerning Lacazette when they resigned Aubameyang as they weren’t going to be able to keep them both long term. And they still have too many central defenders and since they likely won’t be playing European football next season, don’t need quite as big of a squad.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
NBC are giving us 3 games today but every game tomorrow is on peacock. f***ers...

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
They had a very bloated squad coming into the season so it is what it is. I’m happy they at least have sent some of their younger players who need playing time out on loan. They also found a way to get rid of the guys early who weren’t playing at all and were going to be out of contract after this season anyway.

I would be a little surprised if the next culling of the playing staff is as extensive as that article says, particularly concerning the younger home grown players. Lacazette and Luiz? Sure. The writing was on the wall concerning Lacazette when they resigned Aubameyang as they weren’t going to be able to keep them both long term. And they still have too many central defenders and since they likely won’t be playing European football next season, don’t need quite as big of a squad.

Saka and Smith-Rowe in particular are young regulars that should form a core group going forward. Add Martinelli if he can stay healthy, ffs. I don't want to see Bellerin shipped out per rumors, either.

Disappointed in Partey and Willian as signings so far and they SHOULD have been strong/impactful immediately. They need to turn it around soon or move on. Same goes for Pepe. Too much money for too little production, though Pepe does seem to score now and then, yet where does he fit now?

Ceballos is a mystery to me. I see boneheaded plays at times, and every now and then an impressive win back but not much else of note. He's probably only playing because Partey and Willian are constantly hurt or in Arteta's doghouse.

Odegaard should be retained in whatever shell game they're playing with contracts. His creativity and relative stability is desperately needed.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Wow, just finished the game, stunned AM didn’t put up anything in terms of offense.

worst I’ve ever seen them against Chelsea and I’m still not sure I saw a replay that clearly showed their defender kick that ball back to Giroud...VAR stunner for me.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I think Wolves have touched the ball slightly more than I have, and been in the offensive 3rd for about 15 seconds.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Watching this nonsense.....must be hugely demoralizing if you’re a Wolves player and you can barely cross the halfway line....

Patricio should get a free dinner from all his teammates...

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Watching this nonsense.....must be hugely demoralizing if you’re a Wolves player and you can barely cross the halfway line....

Patricio should get a free dinner from all his teammates...

I'm a rudimentary Xs and Os guy when it comes to footie and I can't figure out exactly what MC are doing. It seems like they have 3-5 men forward quite a bit, and when falling back they'll stack 4 on a defensive line, but beyond that the entire system seems very fluid. I see a lot of guys moving WAY out of position to steal the ball or double team, or whatever. DeBruyne is essentially a rover.

It's almost like a flex offense in basketball.

And of course one of the only chances for Wolves gets buried. lol

Expect a quick reply from MC who've been running out the clock until now.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Yep, MC playing with little purpose....don’t quite get the strategy and yeah, fully expect a 3-1 City win now lol....

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
I'm a rudimentary Xs and Os guy when it comes to footie and I can't figure out exactly what MC are doing. It seems like they have 3-5 men forward quite a bit, and when falling back they'll stack 4 on a defensive line, but beyond that the entire system seems very fluid. I see a lot of guys moving WAY out of position to steal the ball or double team, or whatever. DeBruyne is essentially a rover.

It's almost like a flex offense in basketball.

And of course one of the only chances for Wolves gets buried. lol

Expect a quick reply from MC who've been running out the clock until now.

Think Total Football like Ajax and the Dutch National team from the early/mid ‘70’s led by Cruyff. Cruyff was then the manager of Barca’s Dream Team in the early ‘90’s where Guardiola was the midfield pivot. Most teams don’t have anywhere close to the level of tactical awareness overall required to play that way without leaving huge gaps defensively when they turn the ball over and inevitably getting punished.

Reactions: g00n
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->