Dirty players in your team's history that you loved

Syrinx

Jul 7, 2005
Cary, NC
Pens fan.
Ulf was dirty but for whatever reason way back then it didn't bother me and I loved his game. I fully understand why others hate him but the rough stuff was more acceptable league wide and it didn't bother me back then.
Dirtiest was Cooke but I was never a fan. After getting some years behind me, I had trouble watching the lack of regard for other players.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Naz Kadri was a bit of a rat at times on the Leafs, but he was talented and worked hard and definitely made a big impact on helping turn the team around from being a laughingstock. Admittedly the dumb stuff did end up costing the Leafs a playoff series, but hard not to chalk him up as a net positive to the team during his tenure.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Byfuglien is as dirty as it gets for the Jets. Loved the guy to bits.

But all Canucks fans are all going to say that psychopath Burrows.
The Canucks of that era also have Kesler. That 2011 team actually had a few ratty players on it. Don’t get me wrong the Bruins were even more dirty but those Canucks weren’t saints by any measure.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Never really liked Boulerice and f***ing HATED Ciccone. Didn't care much for Primeau either especially after his contract hold out.

Tuomo Ruutu was physical, not dirty. Same with Gary Roberts. LaRose was a pest, but not dirty.

Sean Hill or Scott Walker I guess? Even their dirtbag bonafides are weak at best.

Justin Williams
Lmfao at calling Williams dirty

Last edited:
Reactions: ShonSaunders

mclaren55

Apr 12, 2010
Tucker, Naz, and Clark. Maybe I get some shit for Clark, but watch some of the stuff he use to do .

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
Avs despite their short history so far, have a quite big list that could be named here. if I'm picking just one, although he only played one season for the Avs (where they were champions. coincidence? :sarcasm:) I'd say Chris Simon. when I think of a "psychopath on ice", he is always the first that comes to my mind.

Bowski

GO LEAFS GO!
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
Ulf Samuelsson, who not only knocked Neely out of the playoffs, but made Boston fans even more insufferable than thought possible.
Ulf making Milbury/Neely and the Boston fans so upset, was glorious. Neely actually messed up his thigh/knee going after Ulf:

But I think Kasparaitis was one of the best at delivering big hits on big hitters like Lindros.
Not as dirty as Cooke, just out there making headhunters pay for headhunting moves. Shame he never tagged Stevens with a career ender.

Beauty!

Reactions: edog37

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Ulf making Milbury/Neely and the Boston fans so upset, was glorious. Neely actually messed up his thigh/knee going after Ulf:

But I think Kasparaitis was one of the best at delivering big hits on big hitters like Lindros.
Not as dirty as Cooke, just out there making headhunters pay for headhunting moves. Shame he never tagged Stevens with a career ender.

Beauty!

The “Lethal Lithuanian” was one of my favorites from his NYI days...He was a master of the hip check...I’ll never forget how he pissed off Messier.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
I honestly couldn’t think of any Red Wing player/s who were considered “dirty” (maybe McCarty’s sucker punch on Lemieux), but then I remembered this gem...

EDIT - I guess Kronwall could be on the list with how he used to hit/lunge into opponents.

Bowski

GO LEAFS GO!
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
The “Lethal Lithuanian” was one of my favorites from his NYI days...He was a master of the hip check...I’ll never forget how he pissed off Messier.
His punking of Lemieux was something else as well.
Young guy, punching an entitled mega star down to the ice after recent cancer treatment, without anyone on the Pens retailiating. Isles win the series in 7 putting it past Barrasshole.

Glad the Penguins then decided to acquire him.

Reactions: FMichael

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
His punking of Lemieux was something else as well.
Young guy, punching an entitled mega star down to the ice after recent cancer treatment, without anyone on the Pens retailiating. Isles win the series in 7 putting it past Barrasshole.

Glad the Penguins then decided to acquire him.
Yeah - I loved every minute of that!

Goomba

Mario is a Devils fan
May 7, 2021
Scott Stevens

though it wasnt called much while he played, I find that mentality of play to be violent vs competitive

still my favorite childhood player

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Didn’t care for dirty Sean Avery in Dallas.

Did enjoy more like pesky, aggressive agitators like Roussel, Ott, Morrow, Hatcher, Verbeek.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad