Dirty players in your team's history that you loved

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Hahahahah Emelin went out of his way to break his stick on Seguin’s ribs, what on earth are you talking about?

turtled like a bitch after too

plekanec was dirty. A weasel with his stick. Butt ended Krejci in the face, it was very much intentional. He got suspended for slew footing Grebeshkov

and speaking of slew foots don’t get me started on PK Slewban
Plekanec was a weasel for sure, and so was Subban but Im not sure Id qualify either as dirty. They'd hurt players and get in their head, but to me dirty is having intent to injure.

As for Emelin, nah. Lmao. Regular cross check that hit Seguin in the boney part most likely. Chara assaulting a guy that didn't want to fight tho... Now..

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Emelin was the worst because he threw cheapshots left and right like one of the dirtiest players in the game but never actually stood up and fought and if someone even thought about punching him back everyone in Montreal acted like it was the total end of the world because his face was made of metal plates.
Just a hard player that played right on the line and big bad bruins were all up in their panties because they couldn't punch their way out of it.

Good times, he lived in that rosters head.

Davenport

Dec 4, 2020
Toronto
During the period that Emile Francis was GM (and usually coach) of the New York Rangers (which is when I was a fan), there were Blueshirts who an objective hockey fan would consider "dirty." Vic Hadfield - especially early on in New York, when he was establishing himself in the NHL - was capable of anything. That's why he led the league in penalty minutes in 1963-64. Even when he playing on the Rangers' top line - the GAG Line - Hadfield was doing things like tossing Bernie Parent's mask in to the crowd. In so doing, he took out the Leafs' best goaltender. A season or two later, Vic barreled in to Ken Dryden, in what certainly could be seen - in retrospect - as another attempt to take out an opponent's top goaltender.

For a few seasons, the Blueshirts employed Ron Harris - one of the first NHLers to work out with weights. He was hard as a rock, and strong as an ox. Harris was notorious for low checks. One such check, took Phil Esposito out of the playoff series against the Rangers.

One of my favorite hockey players - who was property of the Blueshirts briefly - was Dennis Hextall. He was a center of average size - 5' 11" and maybe 175 pounds - who played a very physical and (yes) dirty game. Hextall has admitted himself that he was good with his stick - which twice enabled him to lead his team* in both points and penalty minutes.

(* the Seals, and then the North Stars)

Reactions: 32hunter

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Plekanec was a weasel for sure, and so was Subban but Im not sure Id qualify either as dirty. They'd hurt players and get in their head, but to me dirty is having intent to injure.

As for Emelin, nah. Lmao. Regular cross check that hit Seguin in the boney part most likely. Chara assaulting a guy that didn't want to fight tho... Now..

He broke his stick on him and sent him off the ice. He knew where he was getting him. You literally are proving McGarnagles post true.

“Assaulting a guy” lol

For the record I think butt ending somebody in the face And slewfooting is intent to injure but to each their own. It’s reckless and disregarding the other players safety at the very best

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
He broke his stick on him and sent him off the ice. He knew where he was getting him. You literally are proving McGarnagles post true.

“Assaulting a guy” lol
I see he still lives in your head rent free.

These crosscheck happen a million of time a game.

Even this is deemed a hockey play by the league

Definition of assault:
generally defined as intentionally putting another person in reasonable apprehension of an imminent harmful or offensive contact. Physical injury is not required.

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005
I mean. His last suspension was that 5 game one for his elbow on Johansson which was bad. He was suspended the year before for low bridging Borowiecki. Those were definitely dirty plays that weren't reputation driven.

However he's done a really good job at towing the line since the Mojo incident.

He did sucker punch Harrington in the back of the head not too far back. It wasn't terrible, but it was dirty. I suppose that could be considered 'towing the line', because it wasn't serious, but there are plenty of incidents like this which are definitely dirty.

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
I like Marchand a lot now, probably because he stopped playing dirty a few years ago and just plays great hockey. Joy to watch and I don’t miss the shenanigans.

Reactions: shello

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I see he still lives in your head rent free.

These crosscheck happen a million of time a game.

Even this is deemed a hockey play by the league

Definition of assault:
generally defined as intentionally putting another person in reasonable apprehension of an imminent harmful or offensive contact. Physical injury is not required.

I mean if rebutting your nonsense post on a discussion board is living “rent free” then sure. I don’t happen to be 12 years old so I disagree but to each their own

And Lolololol my guy you’re not making yourself look good when you’re calling that assault. Everything check that happens on the ice is assault. What emelin did is “assault” lol

Emelin was always a p***y who never stood up for his actions. It is what it is.

you DEFINITELY were one of the ones who called 911

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I mean if rebutting your nonsense post on a discussion board is living “rent free” then sure. I don’t happen to be 12 years old so I disagree but to each their own

And Lolololol my guy you’re not making yourself look good when you’re calling that assault. Everything check that happens on the ice is assault. What emelin did is “assault” lol

Emelin was always a p***y who never stood up for his actions. It is what it is.

you DEFINITELY were one of the ones who called 911

Hitting is part of the game of hockey, fighting is penalized and you usually cant fight an unwilling participant.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Hitting is part of the game of hockey, fighting is penalized and you usually cant fight an unwilling participant.

cross checking = also penalized

I guess what you’re saying is that Emelin should be in prison because he’s a criminal then. That is assault not allowed by the rules after all. Can’t have a monster like that roaming around in the streets assaulting everybody. So I guess you’re admitting he’s dirty after all- good talk! Glad we got there!

I don’t think he should be in jail myself. You’re harsh!

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I haven't thought about Alexei Emelin in like 4 full years now, I mention once on a related topic on a hockey board that "yeah that guy was cheap and hid behind his face plates" and apparently this entire time he's been rent free in my head.

Reactions: PastaSawce and CDJ

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Was a big fan of Downie and Gudas when they were Bolts. Still rooting for the latter, who has carved out a solid career for himself. Downie was a very troubled individual from childhood so sadly, I wasn't overly surprised by what has come to light in recent years. That said, I appreciated his fearlessness combined with an underrated skillset when he was a member of the Lightning. Gudas had similar qualities minus the off-ice stuff, but both players made plenty of games worth watching.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
dale-hunter-of-the-washington-capitals-skates-against-the-toronto-picture-id1186614452

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->