Did the Leafs become a better team trading Kadri for Barrie+Kerfoot?

Did the Leafs become a better team trading Kadri for Barrie+Kerfoot?

• Yes they did

• Absolutely not

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EXPECT THE LEAFS

May 7, 2016
Naz is a performer.
He shows up in big games.
He may cross the line here and there, and against Boston who can really blame him? The stuff Boston is allowed in the playoffs is nearly criminal. Refs don’t police the games, the players will.
The issue with Toronto is that the only guy willing to push back was Naz, and with his history, he always got burned.
Give the team a Tucker and Naz wouldn’t have been suspended either time as he wouldn’t have had to shoulder the response alone.

The fans that remember hockey from the 90s and earlier will have identified the true value of Naz.

He’s everything this team needs- sound defensively, hard hitting, stands up for team, can pot 30 goals and 60 points, on a great contract.

It’s sickening that we will be searching for another Kadri for years!

I remember Gary Roberts completely neutralizing Chara with a solid hit or two. After that Chara became a ghost. Physicality is VERY IMPORTANT in playoff hockey. Half the war is psychological. For example people were scared to play against Scott Stevens. You could see it in their demeanor and the way they would abandon ship anytime he came around them.

Reactions: TmlHockeyFan

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
I remember Gary Roberts completely neutralizing Chara with a solid hit or two. After that Chara became a ghost. Physicality is VERY IMPORTANT in playoff hockey. Half the war is psychological. For example people were scared to play against Scott Stevens. You could see it in their demeanor and the way they would abandon ship anytime he came around them.
You could see the effect Chara had on Kessel as well for years.

Intimidation has always and will always be a major factor in playoff hockey.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Kadri made 2 selfish plays and got his ticket out of town. Can't blame Dubas for that.
Kadri is a clown for doing that, other wise he would be here.

disgruntleddave

Aug 31, 2009
Canada
Miss Kadri too.
Not interested in feeding the trolls above. Just miss Kadri.

I'm really rooting for avs to go far just because of him. Avs canes final? Yes please.

Alexanderthe89

Apr 29, 2011
Dubas traded a need for a don't-need.

I'm sure this happens to every franchise but it's getting annoying every year watching ex-Leafs contribute to deep playoff runs.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
For the last time, it wasn't a selfish play. It was a boneheaded play. Two different things. Sticking up for your teammate and getting jumped by Chara isn't considered selfish.
Nah he got hit and then cared only about himself and chased a hit. Selfish play.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Good on Kadri. Now that he learnt to not be a useless player in the playoffs, he is looking good. How would his stats look without Mackinnion?

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Just close this thread, the fans seem to care more about Kadri's well being then the team.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Good player, glad to see him doing well. But after the Boston series last year I said I didn't want to see him in a Leafs jersey again and I stand by that. Those were back to back 7 game series with tight margins, and the entire point of the team was to roll Matthews - Tavares - Kadri down the middle. That was the one thing we had. And he f***ed us two years in a row with the dumbest two plays of his career. The return sucked but I was done with him, that ship sailed.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

Doublerum1975

Dec 15, 2019
Lots of players get traded and help
Teams go deep into the playoffs but for some reason it gets amplified when it’s a leaf

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
As an Avs fan, IMO you shouldn't be angry because Kadri was traded. After signin Tavares, he was a waste at 3rd line because he's a top-tier 2nd line C (at least IMO). He didn't do himself any favours by getting those suspensions either. The trade for Kerfoot and Barrie? That you can moan about, because Barrie was not the guy you needed and he totally sucked for you. Kerfoot is a meh piece, a decent addition but not like we are missing him either.

Trading Kadri was neccessary IMO, but Dubas chose the wrong trade (for you guys) and lost it badly.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad