Did the Leafs become a better team trading Kadri for Barrie+Kerfoot?

Did the Leafs become a better team trading Kadri for Barrie+Kerfoot?

• Yes they did

• Absolutely not

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
It was a bad trade, but it was the right idea. You'd be bitching if anybody of consequence got traded, but then how are you supposed to get better? Don't talk like they ran Kadri outta town or shit like that. Criticize Dubas for botching the trade, not that he got rid of Kadri. Good players have to move to get some other good player (s) for the team to get better. It did not work but the idea was fine. Again, Kadri wasn't moved because they just wanted to get rid of him. These players are just assets to me. I am only disappointed that they squandered an asset. That's all. They could trade Matthews tomorrow and if that makes the team better, I don't give a f***.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
OH i C 2 mistakes and you are out,,,,well dubass should be longggggg gone then

Mmm,,,,,yes exactly

I wonder what your opinion of Jake Gardiner's body of work in the playoffs is, and if series-changing mistakes factor into what you thought of that player and his future role with the team

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Mmm,,,,,yes exactly

I wonder what your opinion of Jake Gardiner's body of work in the playoffs is, and if series-changing mistakes factor into what you thought of that player and his future role with the team
i wanted gardiner gone because he is not the type of Dman this roster needs

soft as butter,all O no D,,pretty gutless actually

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
Obviously not. The offseason of 2019 looking back gets a D. Dubas failed nearly in every transaction during that offseason.

The Marleau deal with it being 13th overall and us doing the deal in the first place to keep KK and AJ who might be dealt for cap purposes this offseason

Barrie and kerfoot both been incredibly disappointing here. Kadri paced for 60 points and having a great playoffs this year.

Zaitsev deal for Ceci. Looks decent looking back but now the selection of brown fairs poorly with him hecoinign a valuable 3rd liner putting around 50 points pace.

Marners contract obviously been discussed enough for consensus that it was a bad deal paid too much for too little term.
To be fair, you don’t have a single player on the Maple Leafs that wouldn’t be better off or have a better season on the Avalanche.

Colorado is just a better team and a better coached team.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
How dare Kadri try to fight back against a team bullying us to hell. He'll be fine in Colorado.

Avs look after their teammates and don't back down. Kadri doesn't have to play the "protector" role on the Avs.

Also, it takes serious hockey insight and foresight to know the worth of the player like Kadri, spreadsheets aren't going to cut it

Reactions: mcleex and rubous

lottster14

Feb 10, 2019
Dubas traded a need for a don't-need.

I'm sure this happens to every franchise but it's getting annoying every year watching ex-Leafs contribute to deep playoff runs.
In his eyes, he traded a don't need for a need.

His vision is completely skewed and he's now in the territory of insulting leaf fans who suggest trading marner. He's defending himself to the ends of the earth and going against the fans now.

He's garbage

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Dubass should be fired for this trade, it shows his lack of judgement
People who care about their own players and do exceptional, different things for our club than any other players, are getting traded. That's fun. :clap: That's funny. And wrong at the same time. Who does that?

Not other clubs. They thug that thang up HARD.

We soft dolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland