Did the Leafs become a better team trading Kadri for Barrie+Kerfoot?

Did the Leafs become a better team trading Kadri for Barrie+Kerfoot?

• Yes they did

• Absolutely not

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017
Lots of players get traded and help
Teams go deep into the playoffs but for some reason it gets amplified when it’s a leaf

If it was an isolated incident then yes, but I think it also gets the attention because of the history of bad/awful moves and contracts

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
didn’t he stand up for his teammates, something no leaf player would dare do today?
No he stood up for himself and ended up costing the Leafs. If people want to cry about a player who cared only about himself in tense situations, they can but it was a bad move.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Insults don't help your point. Dumb play. Can't go around it.
Yes it was a dumb play. Should have dropped the gloves.
Marleau took a dangerous hit by a scumbag into the stanchion and Kadri saw red as that was a veteran and it was really disrespectful.
Year before the Bruins target the smallest leaf and he loses it.
Dumb but team first, not selfish.

Reactions: Faltorvo and rubous

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
Big name UFA signings almost NEVER work out. Should have never signed Tavares and should not go after Pietrangelo. Kadri today and Kadri of next year is probably better than Tavares. Pietrangelo also might not be as effective on a completely different system and being 31 by the time he signs on a 7 year contract. Bonafide way of shortening the window. Stay the course and hope the players wake up and can replicate their playing styles to how other teams around the league play hockey

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017
No he stood up for himself and ended up costing the Leafs. If people want to cry about a player who cared only about himself in tense situations, they can but it was a bad move.

“A players who cared only about himself in tense situations”, did you just make that up or do you have some credible sources here who analyze tense situations?

Reactions: rubous

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Good player, glad to see him doing well. But after the Boston series last year I said I didn't want to see him in a Leafs jersey again and I stand by that. Those were back to back 7 game series with tight margins, and the entire point of the team was to roll Matthews - Tavares - Kadri down the middle. That was the one thing we had. And he f***ed us two years in a row with the dumbest two plays of his career. The return sucked but I was done with him, that ship sailed.
OH i C 2 mistakes and you are out,,,,well dubass should be longggggg gone then

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Yes it was a dumb play. Should have dropped the gloves.
Marleau took a dangerous hit by a scumbag into the stanchion and Kadri saw red as that was a veteran and it was really disrespectful.
Year before the Bruins target the smallest leaf and he loses it.
Dumb but team first, not selfish.
Team first but it cost his team? Yeah nice team play. Sorry but it's a selfish play.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
For the last time, it wasn't a selfish play. It was a boneheaded play. Two different things. Sticking up for your teammate and getting jumped by Chara isn't considered selfish.
You’re arguing with people where they’re arguing in bad faith.
The knee on knee should have been a major and therefore, DeBrusk should never have been in a position to board Marleau like he did.
It was a dumb move by Naz, but calling the only player willing to defend your whole roster selfish is dumb

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Good on Kadri. Now that he learnt to not be a useless player in the playoffs, he is looking good. How would his stats look without Mackinnion?
Just give it up man. I like you, but you're over compensating with your Kadri criticism. You liked Kadri a lot, it's okay to still like him. He stood up for teammates and was unfairly tarred and feathered for thinga the Bruins do on the daily

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I'm happy for kadri.

Screw the leafs, we dont deserve it
Every player we run out of town helps teams go far in the playoffs...go figure

Now we have soft team and no cap room to do anything
Great job

Reactions: Matthews34

Mr Papagoergyo

Feb 17, 2019
Barrie and babs didn't help anything, it sno secret Barrie gave up and didn't want to play babs way. He didn't end up doing much for Keefe either.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Just give it up man. I like you, but you're over compensating with your Kadri criticism. You liked Kadri a lot, it's okay to still like him. He stood up for teammates and was unfairly tarred and feathered for thinga the Bruins do on the daily
Thats fair. It just gets annoying to focus on one thing. Bad trade? Absolutely, but people act like it's the worst trade in history.
Happy seeing him having succese though. It shuts up the Leafs fans who attacked him for every little thing.

Thread The Needle

I have no strong feelings one way or the other.
Nov 28, 2016
Detroit
I'm a Kadri fan, but maybe stop with the over attack of this trade.
Over attack, under attack. It doesn't matter. The trade didn't work out, regardless of how overblown some people make it. No doubt it's unfortunate, but it's great to see Naz doing well.

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
I miss kadri, but without being traded the way he did he wouldn't get that kick in the behind to motivate him this year. Unfortunately the players we got for his return didn't have the same motivation to kick butt on a new team...
Barrie should have been that guy "playing his ass off for a new contract".
Nope not on the leafs.. .. oh well

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Over attack, under attack. It doesn't matter. The trade didn't work out, regardless of how overblown some people make it. No doubt it's unfortunate, but it's great to see Naz doing well.
Agreed with this. Despite my tone, love Kadri still and is making people look silly.
I am one of his bigger fans, and it's hilarious people thought Bozak was better. Those debates were fun.
Hopefully Dubas redeems himself.

Thread The Needle

I have no strong feelings one way or the other.
Nov 28, 2016
Detroit
Agreed with this. Despite my tone, love Kadri still and is making people look silly.
I am one of his bigger fans, and it's hilarious people thought Bozak was better. Those debates were fun.
Hopefully Dubas redeems himself.
Yep. My belief is that the hiring/firing of Dubas is not up to me. So might as well hope for the best and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA