Rumor: Dhaliwal- Multiple sources informing Dhaliwal that Vancouver and Ottawa are still actively talking trade

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
If Vancouver can find anybody to take Myers and that IDIOTIC bonus for simply future considerations that is a home run from Vancouvers standpoint
As a Canucks fan I like the bonus structure, wait until we pay the $5m in the off-season and he only costs $1m in actual salary. A bottom feeder will take him off our hands and hold him until the deadline and then hold back half the cap and get a nice return. We will in the senario get a half decent return I expect and more importantly the cap space.

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
As a Canucks fan I like the bonus structure, wait until we pay the $5m in the off-season and he only costs $1m in actual salary. A bottom feeder will take him off our hands and hold him until the deadline and then hold back half the cap and get a nice return. We will in the senario get a half decent return I expect and more importantly the cap space.
Except he has to waive his NTC to go to a bottom feeder. Why would he do that?

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
lmao prepare to be disappointed. Friedman said that the only reason that the deal fell through is that both teams couldn’t agree on what the sweetener should be and it looked like it was coming from Vancouver’s side since Myers has a $5M signing bonus due.

lmaooo
🤣

you people are high or what?

Zaitsev also has a 2M signing bonus himself & isn't an NHL player. Why would the Canucks give up assets for that? Myers is atleast a legit RHD that can play mins.

Could just wait till after July 1 & move Myers for some kind of value (possibly with retention).

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Funny that anyone thinks they are getting zub for Myers straight up
Ya, no kidding. Humorous thread and some delusional posts for sure.

If Ottawa puts Zub on the market, they sure don't need the Chaos Giraffe as one of the pieces in the deal. There will be plenty of interest from teams that won't involve a boat anchor player and contract.

Last edited:

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
For all we know the framework is Myers for Zub with assets added from whichever side.
Assets added from whichever side?

Like its some kind of mystery or debate which side needs to add assets. LOL.

If Ottawa makes Zub available, there will be numerous teams interested and zero need for Ottawa to take back a contract & player like the Chaos Giraffe. Good grief.

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
I could see a Myers+Boeser for Zub+, then Ott dealing with a team who needs a scoring winger (think Minni/Flames) and trade Boeser there for a top 4 rhd (Dumba, Weegar, etc.). If Zub wants to play with his KHL friends I'm fine with the trade.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
58th in points of all RHD
46th in +/- of all RHD
35th minutes of all RHD

Seems like a 2nd pairing Dman to me........probably a high 4 maybe a low 3

I would have no problem saying Zub is better

Is Zub a 2?
Yes he is. He plays with Chabot on the 1st pair. Thanks for coming out. LOL.

Last edited:
Reactions: zcaptain

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
If it is Myers for zaitsev, sens will be adding something more valuable than a 3rd.
If sens are after Horvat, they will get bent over because their would be significant other bids.
Either way, sens will get their rump ravaged
Scoring is not the issue for the Senators. Defense is. So, you can relax on the Horvat to Ottawa schtick.

Last edited:
Reactions: NB613 and bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Except he has to waive his NTC to go to a bottom feeder. Why would he do that?
Oh yeah who would ever want to leave the power house that is the Vancouver Canucks. Can't even muster a winning record in the worst division in hockey.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Horvat does make sense as a target for the sens. He's UFA, and the Norris injury completely screwed the sens having two good top 6 lines. They've been trying to stuff one of Pinto or Brassard in the hole ever since and neither has fit.

I'd say Myers is the real target though. The sens are that weak on the right that Myers would be an improvement, albeit a small one. The Zub talk in this thread is insane. Major fan favourite and absolutely a need for them to keep. They're looking for a second Zub so losing the one they have makes zero sense.

Be interested to see if this amounts to anything.
This only makes sense if you somehow believe that the Senators still have a chance at the playoffs somehow. Odds are heavily against that, so that boat has sailed already pretty much.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
When Garrioch first reported Myers to TOR rumours I was surprised Ottawa wasn't in on that given they are searching for help, turns out they were.

I think something around Zaitsev & Myers could make sense if Ottawa is sweetening it. That seems the logical way of figuring out the cap, or else we could retain & trade him straight up I guess aswell.
Myers $5 m signing bonus is not attractive for a lot of teams. The Ducks will get more interest after the bonus has been paid.

Last edited:
Reactions: NB613

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Any article I've read listing him as a trade target has suggested we could get a 3rd rounder. He would also have more value in the off season after we pay his 5m bonus on July 1st.
Good. Then just go get your 3rd rounder and let's close this thread then.

Reactions: Altimus

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I could see a Myers+Boeser for Zub+, then Ott dealing with a team who needs a scoring winger (think Minni/Flames) and trade Boeser there for a top 4 rhd (Dumba, Weegar, etc.). If Zub wants to play with his KHL friends I'm fine with the trade.
Sounds like a great theory but doubt if Boeser lands a defender like Weegar. Dumba is probably a long shot as well, but a little more feasible but the Wild have big cap issues.

Last edited:

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Your connecting the dots in a weird way. I made no mention or comparison of Zub to Weegar. Some quality posts in here.
My apologies, I read your response wrong the first time. I thought you made that comparison to the Myers + Boeser for Zub + and didn't notice that the previous poster mentioned Boeser getting us Dumba or Weegar.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
? I've made like 1 post in this thread, while you've made like half a dozen, nearly in a row. Lol, seems like you're the one that needs to relax
Yes, I found this thread "entertaining" and magnetic with many quality posts. I am relaxed and thanks for your concern. LOL.

Feb 19, 2018
The main reason you see Ottawa in trade talks with players like Tyler Myers is because Ottawa is just not a desired team to sign with as a UFA. Giroux was a one off due to playing for his hometown but players just don’t want to go there if they choose to play in a Canadian market. Having only one year on the contract is attractive to the team as they won’t have to overpay like they would in free agency with extra term to outbid other teams.

Vancouver is fortunate as the city is a sell and players want to live here with their families more than the team being attractive. There is a reason why players only have Vancouver off their NTC lists in a Canadian market.

If I’m Vancouver I give up nothing for Zub as I bet there is a high chance he wants to come play with his buddies on a pair with one of the best young Dmen in the game. He’s the exact type of player they need and are looking for.

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
“Flip Zub and use the return to get Weegar” is not viable or a fit.

Weegar is right handed but plays the left side. He is also stylistically different to Zub. They need a Zub style player more than a Weegar type player.

The final nail in the coffin is that Weegar already turned down a trade to Ottawa. He didn’t want the pressure of playing in his (close to) home town.

Reactions: bert

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad