Rumor: Dhaliwal- Multiple sources informing Dhaliwal that Vancouver and Ottawa are still actively talking trade

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
If its Zub obviously they would be targeting him to resign him long term.

Canucks Russian contingency has improved lately with the additions of Podkolzin, Mikhayev and Kuzmenko

Regardless if they trade for him or not, i believe Zub will be a big time target for the Canucks if he hits free agency.

I just don't see how they acquire a Zub without having to give up young players or prospects/picks. Just doesn't make sense from an outsider looking in, I don't know.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Zub is not a franchise defenceman.

But he is extremely reliable, crafty, can log big minutes and complements both skilled guys and plugs very well.

The fact that he doesn’t light it up also makes him relatively affordable, but he can play effectively in all situations.

You can’t field a team full of #1 defencemen which is why he is valuable, because he can play top pairing minutes at a fraction of the cost while anchoring the more uncommon side.

He is a solid #2 and it seems to be a relatively rare skill set where everyone else seems to be either a #1 (with the attending cost) or a #3/#4.

• Love
Reactions: Duncstar and NB613

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
The Canucks fan who post every single little thing on here are annoying. At least Leafs fans have somewhat of a filter when it comes to posting rumours

If they do acquire Zub, perhaps a 3 team deal involving Horvat.
I think this makes sense. Maybe something like

Van
Zub

Columbus
Horvat

Ottawa
Gavirkov

With picks and prospects going around to balance the remainder of the deal

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Some are. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, right now they're the loudest ones. G-d willing that trend will go away soon.
I can’t think of a fan base that isn’t the same. The loudest voices have the least knowledge, even CBJ fans.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Is Ottawa running out of cap
I forget their entire situation
Some big contracts with Chabot, Tkachuk, stutzle next year, Norris, debrincat needs something.

I’m guessing Zub is pretty low down

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Is Ottawa running out of cap
I forget their entire situation
Some big contracts with Chabot, Tkachuk, stutzle next year, Norris, debrincat needs something.

I’m guessing Zub is pretty low down

I think Ottawa rather resign Zub than Cat, without Zub their defense doesn't work. Yeah, it doesn't work without Chabot and Sanderson too, but that's how Ottawa is structured...

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
This thread only exists due to Vancouver fan urbanwhatever. He just doesn't post in to those all-compassing ones. Can't wait for the next horvat / jt miller post and the fact they remain as the err....... something doesn't want to do it.

Last edited:

Ruthervin

Jul 30, 2022
Seattle
Myers and Podkolzin to Ottawa for Zub (sign and trade) + B level prospect
We can add in Lekkerimaki to even it out. Maybe Ottawa also doesn't throw in their B level prospect.

This thread only exists due to Vancouver fan urbanwhatever. He just doesn't post in to those all-compassing ones. Can't wait for the next horvat / jt miller post and the fact they remain as the err....... something doesn't want to do it.
This sounds like a personal attack to me and I'm not sure if this board tolerates this. You might want to dial it back a bit there bud.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Maybe it’s BoHo that the Sens are after?

Stutzle
Norris
Pinto

Already at C. I dont think it makes sense for an upgrade there when they could use their assests to upgrade a need at Dman instead. I cant see em being after Horvat

NB613

Jul 26, 2013
Ottawa
Dont see a fit. Ottawa is only interested in RD. Schenn fits better than Myers but not ideal as hes a ufa and will likely cost a 2nd by trade deadline.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Horvat does make sense as a target for the sens. He's UFA, and the Norris injury completely screwed the sens having two good top 6 lines. They've been trying to stuff one of Pinto or Brassard in the hole ever since and neither has fit.

I'd say Myers is the real target though. The sens are that weak on the right that Myers would be an improvement, albeit a small one. The Zub talk in this thread is insane. Major fan favourite and absolutely a need for them to keep. They're looking for a second Zub so losing the one they have makes zero sense.

Be interested to see if this amounts to anything.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Speculation is the key word, nobody actually confirmed it was Zaitsev the Canucks were targeting last week. It just so happened that Zaitsev's name was brought up because he was just placed on waivers.

For all we know the framework is Myers for Zub with assets added from whichever side.

Zub would be a fantastic target for the Canucks.

Zaitsev for Myers just seems like a lateral move based on financial savings.
It’s definitely not Zub, and if it was it would be for more than Myers.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I think this makes sense. Maybe something like

Van
Zub

Columbus
Horvat

Ottawa
Gavirkov

With picks and prospects going around to balance the remainder of the deal

Ottawa is trading Zub to acquire Gravrikov? You are going to have a hard time justifying why that makes sense.

Reactions: NB613 and Bileur

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad