Rumor: Dhaliwal- Multiple sources informing Dhaliwal that Vancouver and Ottawa are still actively talking trade

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Myers and Podkolzin for Zub and Zaitsev is an interesting framework for a deal

Wouldn't love it as a Sens fan as I've never been high on Pod, but I could see Dorion doing it.

• Haha
Reactions: NB613

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
How does a $6M defenceman who should be playing on the bottom pairing have positive value?
58th in points of all RHD
46th in +/- of all RHD
35th minutes of all RHD

Seems like a 2nd pairing Dman to me........probably a high 4 maybe a low 3

I would have no problem saying Zub is better

Is Zub a 2?

• Haha
Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Assuming for a second that Ottawa acquires Myers without Zaitsev going back the other way, would Vancouver be willing to retain salary on Myers? If so, how much?

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Christ almighty, either Vancouver sportswriters make up a lot of shit or their front office leaks f***ing EVERYTHING because it seems like half of the media rumors on this board are from Vancouver.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Christ almighty, either Vancouver sportswriters make up a lot of shit or their front office leaks f***ing EVERYTHING because it seems like half of the media rumors on this board are from Vancouver.
There legit has not been 1 accurate rumor out of the Media. Everything that has happened, save for the Bear deal, was unreported beforehand.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010

Half the "Vancouver rumors" don't even seem to come from Vancouver media. :laugh:

There are a few guys who are bad about producing a ton of "speculation" in the "i talked to a guy who heard a thing" and then just making things up. Talking heads without an iota of "connection" that anyone can discern.

Then there's Dhaliwal. Who is very connected. But it's almost always on the "Agent side". Not from the Canucks Team front office. You have to be careful with what he's saying. Whether it's something real, or half the time it's that some agent wants him to float something and put an idea out there in the "public sphere". But in turn, he seems to get a lot of little scoops kicked back to him by those same agents as well. So...you just sort of have to comb through it and decide for yourself which of his comments are which. Though even when it's just an agent using him as a mouthpiece...it's often still worth hearing out, because it's generally still a thing that's out there somewhere, in some form. He's not one of the "insiders" who seems to just make stuff up for unfounded attention. He's just more of an unfiltered channel to a handful of player agents. So you have to take that for what it is.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to learn it was something floated for some agent for a guy like Zaitsev as a bit of a fishing expedition.

Zub is overrated as hell on here that is all.

He kind of is. He's made out to be this absolute stud, when he's really more of just a "good solid D". But he'd still instantly be the best RHD on the Canucks roster by a country mile. So...overrated or not, i'd take him.

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
If it is Myers for zaitsev, sens will be adding something more valuable than a 3rd.
If sens are after Horvat, they will get bent over because their would be significant other bids.
Either way, sens will get their rump ravaged

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Maybe it’s BoHo that the Sens are after?
He’s from Ontario.
I assume they are passing something that is burning around the circle.

Should join us bro. Everyone is welcome.

Dhaliwal has a solid track record. Of course he’s reporting something he hears. Doesn’t mean an agreement will be made.

Everyone else on the other hand…. All story writers.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Zub will get a 1st plus at the deadline of the Sens are selling.

Myers is interesting in a Zaitsev deal, not for Zub.

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Speculation is the key word, nobody actually confirmed it was Zaitsev the Canucks were targeting last week. It just so happened that Zaitsev's name was brought up because he was just placed on waivers.

For all we know the framework is Myers for Zub with assets added from whichever side.

Zub would be a fantastic target for the Canucks.

Zaitsev for Myers just seems like a lateral move based on financial savings.
For all we know the framework is Zaitsev for Horvat with assets added from whichever side.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad