Rumor: Dhaliwal- Multiple sources informing Dhaliwal that Vancouver and Ottawa are still actively talking trade

AHLdepth

Feb 17, 2020
Does this not just sound like Van wants a Myers for Zaitsev straight up, and the rationale is yes they pay more in cap, but get a better player.

And Ottawa is saying we want a pick with Myers for the extra cap.

And they'll settle on something like Myers + late pick for Zaitsev and every Van fan will lament the day they ever decided to become a fan of this team

Reactions: Bileur

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Meh, I'd rather wait until a contender ponies up something actually significant for Zub.

and the Canucks would probably much rather wait until he is a free agent in the offseason rather than losing someone like Podkolzin if thats what it would take to get Zub.

Will be interesting to see what transpires, it seems both teams have been trying to hammer down a trade with eachother for a couple of weeks now and its close to being done.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Chabot and Myers is going to be a heck of a pairing for you guys. This should be a great time of excitement for you!

Those extra two points you have in the standings says a lot about how competitive your team is in a much weaker conference.

A lot of delusions of grandeur in here.

and the Canucks would probably much rather wait until he is a free agent in the offseason rather than losing someone like Podkolzin if thats what it would take to get Zub.

I'm sure they would.

They'd just be competing with around 20 other teams.

Any team could use a Zub, including Ottawa by the way.

Ruthervin

Jul 30, 2022
Seattle
Those extra two points you have in the standings says a lot about how competitive your team is in a much weaker conference.

We got off to a horrible start but have looked much better ever since.

1) We punted LA
2) We should have beaten Vegas (blew a multiple goal lead in the 3rd)
3) We just defeated the defending Stanley Cup champs on their home-ice.

This team is clearly trending upwards on the backs of an improved defense (Bear's presence has pushed down Myers), combined with great goaltending (Martin instead of Demko). Pettersson, Horvat, and Miller are among the best players in the game right now while Luke Schenn has stepped up his game as well. Boeser is leading the league with secondary assists.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Does this not just sound like Van wants a Myers for Zaitsev straight up, and the rationale is yes they pay more in cap, but get a better player.

And they'll settle on something like Myers + late pick for Zaitsev and every Van fan will lament the day they ever decided to become a fan of this team

If that is the trade then Van fans need to concerned big time.

That would indicate

I'm sure they would.

They'd just be competing with around 20 other teams.

Any team could use a Zub, including Ottawa by the way

Canucks will be fine in trying to convince him to come to Van as a UFA.

we have recent successfull history with his agent, team has Russians, Vancouver the city will sell itself, spot to be partnered with Hughes.

Those are some good selling points. No gurantees but im sure we will be in the thick of it come ufa time.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Those are some good selling points. No gurantees but im sure we will be in the thick of it come ufa time.

Well, good luck to you.

This team is clearly trending upwards on the backs of an improved defense (Bear's presence has pushed down Myers)

This is the Myers you want to trade to Ottawa in return for their best defensive defenceman and he has a $6M cap hit for this season and the next?

Ottawa could just re-sign Zub for $6M.

How much were you guys planning on paying Zub?

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016

nope

Reactions: NB613

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
I wanna laugh with you, where did someone say that?
You said “For all we know the framework is Myers for Zub with assets added from whichever side.”

The ‘whichever side’ language seems to sugggest you think the two assets are so close in value it’s not even clear which side would need to add. When most people here are thinking that it’s obvious which side would need to add, and not a small piece either.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015

However little it may be (3rd) Myers has positive value and Zaitsev has negative value.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
You said “For all we know the framework is Myers for Zub with assets added from whichever side.”

The ‘whichever side’ language seems to sugggest you think the two assets are so close in value it’s not even clear which side would need to add. When most people here are thinking that it’s obvious which side would need to add, and not a small piece either.
Would be a very substantial add from Vancouver, one that I’m sure HF Canucks would scoff at.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
How does a $6M defenceman who should be playing on the bottom pairing have positive value?
With a 5 million dollar signing bonus in July.

I’m sure the owner-less, extremely cheap Sens are going to trade positive value for that.

It is an incredibly dumb management group, so that is definitely a possibility.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
i would like to better understand the dubious asssumption underlying this discussion that myers does not have ottawa on his no trade list.

do people figure he spelled senators wrong and the canucks believe they found a loophole? does myers maybe love deer flies? is myers very upset that swiss chalet hs left the bc market and craving rotisserie chicken?

Reactions: Marshall

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
i would like to better understand the dubious asssumption underlying this discussion that myers does not have ottawa on his no trade list.

do people figure he spelled senators wrong and the canucks believe they found a loophole? does myers maybe love deer flies? is myers very upset that swiss chalet hs left the bc market and craving rotisserie chicken?

Saved by his contract.

Reactions: Do Make Say Think

sennysensen

Feb 7, 2018
If it’s clear that Zub doesn’t want to extend, I still think we should hold onto him and let him walk (while trying to convince him until the very last second).

The trickle down pressure losing Zub will cause to our already fragile defensive core is not worth whatever he returns + losing him.

We need a culture change, I have no idea how the room will react to selling in November.
If Zub is going to walk, won't even sign an overpay deal with term near the deadline, Sens have to trade him at the deadline. He's a valuable asset for a team that wants to make a run and need a RHD that can defend well, and move the puck well for a defensive guy. Should be able to get a good prospect, and or picks. They can't afford to lose him for nothing, and if they can't even overpay him, that's a big hint

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I’m sure the owner-less, extremely cheap Sens are going to trade positive value for that.

I went looking for a positive reference:

On Connor Timmins:

67 AND COUNTING said:
What team would be stupid or desperate enough to go after him?

EP to Kuzmenko said:
Probably the same GM that trades for Myers ;)

Reactions: BondraTime

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad