Player Discussion: Devon Toews

Goombha

Raging Ryan
Aug 27, 2013
It's nice to see a D-man with composure. All I've seen this season is one or another panic sticken defensemen blindly attempting to shoot the puck out of the zone, but putting it right on tape of the opposition. Mayfield and Pelech are especially great at it.

Reactions: bigtim1988

Bird Boys

May 18, 2018
Signing Hickey for 1 year...not a terrible thing. Signing him for 2 years... bad idea, buy we can deal with it. Signing him for 3 years...inexcusable and irresponsible. Signing Hickey for 4 years...I cant find the words!

Reactions: bigtim1988

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Signing Hickey for 1 year...not a terrible thing. Signing him for 2 years... bad idea, buy we can deal with it. Signing him for 3 years...inexcusable and irresponsible. Signing Hickey for 4 years...I cant find the words!

As much as we don’t like hickey he is unfortunately loved in the room

Reactions: Newsworthy

DalGoal4Cups

Meet me at Belmont
Dec 4, 2011
What happens when Hickey comes back?

Toews - Pulock
Leddy - Boychuck
hickey - mayfield?

The line up looks better with Pelec as that 6th D IMO. He's been playing better, he's much better in the corners with his size and strength. That 4 year hickey deal sucks.

Hickey + eberle for some picks please.

What happens next year too when aho and dobson are ripe and ready.

Toews - Pulock
Leddy - Dobson
Aho - Boychuck

Lehner / Sorokin

***Aho is a better younger version of hickey (Almost a PPG D man in the AHL). Dobson will be NHL ready next season******

#CUPS

Reactions: BarzyClub

davinhimself

Nov 9, 2009
Queens, NY
Must read people...

Devon Toews Has Been Outstanding

More great work from Spizzwolf from LHH.

He has really looked poised (while still being aggressive) and the highlights they chose are great.
Re-watching his d-zone play and all around game, I see a big time similarity in style to Duncan Keith... We could only be so lucky if he turns into anything near Keith, but style-wise, I think there is a good comparison to be made.

Last edited:

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC

Toews - Pulock
Leddy - Boychuck
hickey - mayfield?

The line up looks better with Pelec as that 6th D IMO. He's been playing better, he's much better in the corners with his size and strength. That 4 year hickey deal sucks.

Toews - Pulock
Leddy - Dobson
Aho - Boychuck

Lehner / Sorokin

***Aho is a better younger version of hickey (Almost a PPG D man in the AHL). Dobson will be NHL ready next season******

#CUPS

Mayfield has looked good this season. I wouldn't necessarily supplant him for Aho.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I think

Pelech sits, MDC likely gets sent down.

As good as Toews is, you can’t trade Hickey or Pelech after a few solid games. There’s too much season left. They’ll just have to duke it out for the third LD spot and when Lou/Trotz have made up their mind and feel confident in their depth, one of them will be moved, but it won’t be in January. May not even be until the draft or next preseason.

BarzyClub

Jan 17, 2018
4cups said:
***Aho is a better younger version of hickey (Almost a PPG D man in the AHL).

#CUPS
This is how I see it regarding Hickey as well. I’d like to see Hickey as the 7th dman Pelech has the size that we need on the bottom 6 so I’d rather keep him in the lineup over Hickey. Aho also has the potential to be in the top 4 and has more offensive upside than Hickey. Aho’s development may allow us to eventually trade Leddy if the time comes for that.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
This is how I see it regarding Hickey as well. I’d like to see Hickey as the 7th dman Pelech has the size that we need on the bottom 6 so I’d rather keep him in the lineup over Hickey. Aho also has the potential to be in the top 4 and has more offensive upside than Hickey. Aho’s development may allow us to eventually trade Leddy if the time comes for that.

Nevermind.

Last edited:

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL

Toews - Pulock
Leddy - Boychuck
hickey - mayfield?

Toews - Pulock
Leddy - Dobson
Aho - Boychuck

Lehner / Sorokin

#CUPS

That's "if" they're ready and it's a big "if", especially for defensemen.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
If he's tradeable after this season at say next years deadline than its not so bad.
But I agree with you completely. It's not like other teams were knocking down the door to sign him when he become available. Sheesh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad