Player Discussion: Devon Toews

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
like Art Staple knows ANYTHING about hockey..... or the people n this forum.

if Barry Trotz or Lou Lamouriello both of whom have won stanley cups listened to any of us they should both be fired, and Dano frack your random capitalization bull. like that has anything to do with Hockey...

No one offers reward points for grammar, go back to kindergarten if all you can do is be a grammar policeman, they dont award points on grammar and if your ego is so shallow that you need to stroke yourself based on your supposed superiority at grammar, well then you need more help than I can offer. Its a fan forum, not a masters class on English literature

Last edited:
Reactions: dood

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
like art Staple knows ANYTHING about hockey..... or the people n this forum.

if Barry Trotz or Lou Lamouriello both of whom have wo stanley cups listened to any of us they should both be fired, and Dano frack your random capitalization bull. like that has anything to do with Hockey...
ward points
go back to kindergarten if all you can do is be a grammar policeman, they dont award points on grammar and if your ego is so shallow that you need to stroke yourself based on your supposed superiority at grammar, well then you need more help than I can offer. Its a fan forum, not a masters class on English literature

To be fair some posters on here (not you) could use a few middle school English classes.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
To be fair some posters on here (not you) could use a few middle school English classes.

Yearly, that may be so, I'll take your word for it. but if you make a good point (as you most often do, thankfully) and it adds to our overall edification, I could care less if its written in crayon. On a fan forum, the point has always been to advance the discussion and bring understanding to the subject at hand

People complaining about Barry or Lou's decisions is worthless, they are the one's paid to make them, and nothing we say can or should change that. Besides maybe their reasons for doing things that we have never considered. Speculation on what those reasons may be is fine. it adds to our understanding, but saying they are wrong when we have no real knowledge of what criteria they used in making the decision is pointless. for all we know they may wish to lose and dont want to expose young players like Toews to the burden of too much losing too soon

The fact that Bellows and Dobson were sent down too could lead one to that idea at least.....protecting them from overly optimistic expectations, damaging their youthful confidence

Last edited:
Reactions: YearlyLottery

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Toews is older than Pulock but is too young to be exposed to losing in the NHL. That kinda, you know, doesn't make any sense.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Toews is older than Pulock but is too young to be exposed to losing in the NHL. That kinda, you know, doesn't make any sense.
just like you assuming that just because Toews being older than Pulock automatically makes him more mature than pulock. your assumption isnt valid on its face

maturity i an individual experience, I have a 12 year old niece who is more mature than 22 year old Joshua Ho Sang and everyone understands why, and it has nothing to do with age. it has everything to do with how you handle responsibility

if you cant understand the difference (or more likely REFUSE to understand) then you like Mr Ho Sang, may not be finish maturing yourself.

its a very simple concept, Age does not equal maturity....it never has

Last edited:

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
just like you assuming that just because Toews being older than Pulock automatically makes him more mature than pulock. your assumption isnt valid on its face

maturity i an individual experience, I have a 12 year old niece who is more mature than 22 year old Joshua Ho Sang and everyone understands why, and it has nothing to do with age. it has everything to do with how you handle responsibility

if you cant understand the difference (or more likely REFUSE to understand) then you like Mr Ho Sang, may not be finish maturing yourself.

Uhh, the definition of maturity does include age...

Also, Toews has given no indication of immaturity in the sense that you're using.

Reactions: sabremike

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina

I think people are overthinking the Toews deal here. I'm thinking Lamoriello thought if he tried to sneak through one of the vets on waivers he wouldn't be able to, and when Boychuk inevitably gets hurt instead of calling Toews up you are calling up Aho or Wotherspoon all of a sudden.

Reactions: dood

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
Uhh, the definition of maturity does include age...

Also, Toews has given no indication of immaturity in the sense that you're using.
i believe that maturity can be deemed either physical, or mental. or both, combined. as fans, we can see the physical clearly, but mentally? i will take LL and Trotz's decisions. they both carry themselves very respectfully, and are admired for their honesty and behaviour.

Duanesutter12

Member of Lou's Orchestra
Jul 8, 2013
Hong Kong
"and when Boychuck inevitably gets hurt". He was doing everything in his power to do so last night! He ate two or three pucks and had that Boychuck pain grimace each time. I love the guy but there's no way he lasts a full season.

I think people are overthinking the Toews deal here. I'm thinking Lamoriello thought if he tried to sneak through one of the vets on waivers he wouldn't be able to, and when Boychuk inevitably gets hurt instead of calling Toews up you are calling up Aho or Wotherspoon all of a sudden.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I’m glad we didn’t expose Toews (or even Bellows/Ho-Sang to that last night).

That was Doug Weight hockey...

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
its a process, one that im certain Lou and Barry are definitely aware of. they've said time and again that this is a Get-To-Know-The-Team season, so why rush kids onto the roster? because some ultra fans have the patience of a nano second?

virtually every prospect who shows long term promise was sent down, Dobson, Wahlstrom, Kovar, Toews, Aho, and it was not done accidentally. Its evidence of a plan. If it gives young Impressionable players a chance to find their stride so be it

if it also exposes the idiots in our fan base thats okay, and if along the way we improve the trade values of short term veterans like Sbisa and Fippula, Nelson even Lehner and get a higher draft pick even better. as far as I know the World isnt ending tomorrow, So we should just sit back and let the people who actually know something make the decisions

im reminded of a guy named Bubbles Hawlins who when given playing time on a horrible Nets basketball squad who put up some great stats. if a guy like fippula scores 20-25 by the trade deadline we can get something nice for him when we all know he's no more than a placeholder. that to is evidence of a plan, so chill out, now we're in good hands and be patient

Last edited:

gadiamon72

Jun 13, 2013
I was going to post this elsewhere, but they did the right thing in sending the players they did to the AHL. After watching last night's game, I am realizing that Trotz and Lou want this team to learn the new system cold before exposing any of their prospects to it. The younger players are trying to figure out the system and it was evident last night. Why bring rookies here to learn to play at the NHL level when the players who are already here are still trying to figure out Trotz' system. The veteran free agents (who may be inferior from a pure talent standpoint) seem to have a better grasp of the system then the others. Will we lose a bunch of games this year as a result? Maybe, but when the prospects are promoted, they will have a solid foundation of players to learn from. We have to give it some time.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Trotz and Lou want this team to learn the new system cold before exposing any of their prospects to it
I've posted the same thing previously. Makes perfect sense, especially now that we see it with our own eyes.

gadiamon72

Jun 13, 2013
Doublechili, sorry I missed that post.

This is not a win now team. Trotz and Lou are managing it that way and building a strong foundation for talented rookies to thrive when called up. We will thank them in the end. I hope we are right.

Reactions: Macch

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Doublechili, sorry I missed that post.

This is not a win now team. Trotz and Lou are managing it that way and building a strong foundation for talented rookies to thrive when called up. We will thank them in the end. I hope we are right.
Oh, I didn't mean it like you missed anything - I was just agreeing with you.

And I agree with your current post too. People are debating whether Lou/Trotz are trying to make the playoffs or tanking. I think they want to win, but that is a few spots down their list of priorities. The culture change and foundation that you mentioned are higher on their list IMO.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad