Post-Game Talk: Devils win 3-2 in SO: Staff infection edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
easy, sure……its like painting a rothko or a pollack…. thing is he 'invented' his own sound.

….check out some youtube of his guitar tech setting his gear and equipment up……all of its set up perfectly for whatever song he needs……and his tech proves that anyone can play it if you have the gear
I’ve got some of the very early tones down. Pride, SBS and NYD aren’t conplicated to replicate. That was prettt clearly before they got higher budgety. I was able to get the Tom Scholz/Boston sound pretty good. Always loved the way his guitars sounded.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Isn't that the definition of punk rock
Not necessarily. It's just easier to play, it's not necessarily the same recycled riffs.

I think Rollins probably said that about them because they were this huge band and not some small time band no one had ever heard of, who never get big while re-using a lot of the same riffs.

He was usually baited into that U2 thing. He might have said it once, then interviewers constantly brought it up again.

He did go out of his way to praise Bono and U2 as humanitarians though.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Delays... delays everywhere....

Compressors, delays, wah wahs, and chorus galore with the bass strings EQ'd to just mid tones. At least that got pretty close on my Fender strat a long time ago.

you still play a strat?

no thanks.

goldtop with p90s for me…took the pickguard off right in front of the guy i bought it off of and threw it across the room….

…..his face….hahha

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
On the topic of successful rock bands that use the same few riffs or sound like they're playing the same song in multiple songs, I feel like that Red Hot Chili Peppers guy does a lot. It's not as noticeable as The Edge. I swear he also plays Tom Petty songs a lot. One time I think Tom Petty even sued for royalties, but maybe I'm thinking of when he did it to that pop singer for taking his melody?

I feel like Tom Morello of Rage does and it's pretty noticeable, but at least he's got some cool stuff and has unique pedal usage.

Kurt Cobain (who came from the punk scene) also seemed to do this a lot. Teen Spirit and Rape Me aren't like the same riff?

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I think I told this story once...

I was in a store a year ago and a Cream/Eric Clapton song was on. The sales guy said "this song came out 20 years before the Joshia Tree by U2"...

"... and they're currently celebrating The Joshua Tree's 3oth anniversary".

Just shoot me now.

Well was it a Cream or an Eric Clapton song?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Well was it a Cream or an Eric Clapton song?
Probably Cream if it was from 67. Clapton's solo career started after that, if I'm not mistaken. I could be wrong on that.

I'm not really a fan of his and I wasn't alive yet for Cream, unless they got back together again at some point, but I know a little bit about music.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Posting this video for the gaffe filled description. And this is SportsNet, not a random fan. It caught my eye when I saw ''Devils defender Pavel Zacha'', then I saw ''Who beat MacKenzie Blackwood'' who wasn't even in goal by that point.

Reactions: NjDevsRR

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I feel bad for Pietila. I don't know why that wasn't a goal.

His only career goal was an own goal against the Panthers.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
One time I think Tom Petty even sued for royalties, but maybe I'm thinking of when he did it to that pop singer for taking his melody?

Tom Petty sued a bunch of folks for jacking his crap over the years.

I think it's great Petty wasnt afraid to bust out a lawsuit if he thought you were stealing his music / lyrics. The last time I remember it happening was when he sued that Sam Smith guy for his awful, overrated, Stay With Me song that Smith clearly ripped-off the melody from. But there were a bunch of examples over the years. Petty didnt even really care about the $$$, he just made people admit they did it and/or add a writing credit to the song, lol.

Reactions: Bleedred

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto

I think it's great Petty wasnt afraid to bust out a lawsuit if he thought you were stealing his music / lyrics. The last time I remember it happening was when he sued that Sam Smith guy for his awful, overrated, Stay With Me song that Smith clearly ripped-off the melody from. But there were a bunch of examples over the years. Petty didnt even really care about the $$$, he just made people admit they did it and/or add a writing credit to the song, lol.

and fogerty was sued ….for ripping off himself…..

:scared:

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
you still play a strat?

no thanks.

goldtop with p90s for me…took the pickguard off right in front of the guy i bought it off of and threw it across the room….

…..his face….hahha

I haven't played in about 7 years (marriage and kids thanks) but a Les Paul is 1 of 3 dreams - a Gretsch semi hollow with whammy bar another, and a Martin acoustic is the other.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

That Smith guy (I thought that song was awful, but that other hit he had was even worse!) was the one who I was thinking of recently when I mentioned the pop singer.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I haven't played in about 7 years (marriage and kids thanks) but a Les Paul is 1 of 3 dreams - a Gretsch semi hollow with whammy bar another, and a Martin acoustic is the other.

oh man….i would love a white falcon……just too much $ and way to specific a sound for the price…….first thing i would do is strip every god dammed f***ing piece of shit gold hardware or inlays off it and give it the proper silver it deserves!

….as for the martin……i guess it could be nice……but im partial to my 'old war horse' ….a 1970 framus texan, beat to shit and only tuneable by me…….also with pick guard removed upon obtaining

its my own personal "trigger"….playing it since 1991

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
You guys aren't supposed to be talking about guitars in this thread.

You're supposed to be arguing :naughty:

And for the record, I have a Sigma acoustic and a Fender Heavy Metal Strat :)

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
Avoid the new Les Pauls, Gibson's QC has gone down the tubes.

Instrument tax:

UNTG2tP.jpg

VQ0xK8F.jpg

Reactions: Cult of Hynes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad