Post-Game Talk: Devils win 3-2 in SO: Staff infection edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I don't recall saying bust, Jim has been vocal about being a bad pick for awhile. I found a post by me from July saying Big Mac has potential to be very good.

Plus that's not the point.

Camille the Eel

Certainly me anyway. Was it actuality 5 in a row? After all the rubber he saw in Dallas particularly and the streak being broken, I think no reason to bring him right back in Phoenix. How old is he anyway? The NHL game can be high physical stress when you are asking a goalie to absorb a lot of contact in scrambles in front and to make a lot of split kick saves. There are 17 shot low stress
shutouts on the one hand and others where a guy is really extended. Blackwood’s couple were of the second variety before that shooting gallery in Texas.

It’s an issue going forward. Because you can push a young athlete too hard and spoil them just the way you can, say, a two or three year old racehorse. They need to pay close attention to keeping him from groin and knee injuries given how hyper flexible he is.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Certainly me anyway. Was it actuality 5 in a row? After all the rubber he saw in Dallas particularly and the streak being broken, I think no reason to bring him right back in Phoenix. How old is he anyway? The NHL game can be high physical stress when you are asking a goalie to absorb a lot of contact in scrambles in front and to make a lot of split kick saves. There are 17 shot low stress
shutouts on the one hand and others where a guy is really extended. Blackwood’s couple were of the second variety before that shooting gallery in Texas.

It’s an issue going forward. Because you can push a young athlete too hard and spoil them just the way you can, say, a two or three year old racehorse. They need to pay close attention to keeping him from groin and knee injuries given how hyper flexible he is.

I was with you and said they should have started Kink in Dallas.

What bothered me last night was when the medical trainer came onto the ice they should have pulled Big Mac out then, be overcautious

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I don't recall saying bust, Jim has been vocal about being a bad pick for awhile. I found a post by me from July saying Big Mac has potential to be very good.

Plus that's not the point.
Never really made comments about his abilities...but still absolutely hate the pick for a multitude of reasons....one turning a #36 into a #42 and second taking a goalie that high in a deep draft. Those two things combined were stupid and irrelevant from Blackwood as a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad