GDT: Devils vs. Panthers 2016-17 SEASON OPENER! 7:30 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
That looked like interference to me, but whatever. It just gelt like a matter of time before Florida scored.

Of course if Rico could hit the net on that nice chance from Hall...

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Actually, I thought Greene started out shaky but picked it up. I thought Severson was actually pretty good.

That last goal was interference. No question.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Severson was out there for over a minute before the goal. He was out of gas but the Devils couldn't make changes for most of OT.

Yeah he played ok I thought. Quincy ....will give him a pass but would like to see santini out there

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
LOL @ the idea that Severson could ever replace Larsson. Greene-Severson was consistently our worst pairing.

But sure, some cherry picked stats say he was our best last year. Get real.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Blatant cross checking... but this team is hot garbage in the dzone. Hynes system looks like garbage. Since he took over this team has been terrible in possession. DeBoer did a better job with worse talent.

Deboer was a good coach IMO, but Hynes had a worse team last year than Deboer ever did.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
I agree that, under Hynes, the d-men get a bit too cute trying to get a clean break out.

GDDevils*

Hynes is an idiot for keeping Wood and Speers up just to past them to the bench. Shortened bench really hurt us in the 3rd/OT.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Am I right that you should never just throw a puck deep in 3 on 3? Always maintain possession?

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Re-watched the final goal. Technically that's interference but that's rarely going to called unless it leads immediately to a huge chance; it took immediately plus 1.5 seconds for the huge chance to appear in this case.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Severson was fine for most of the game, and, yes, that was interference. Also, we got a point in our first game, unlike last year. Room for improvement, but we also struggle against Florida. Come out of this road trip with at least another point and that's a solid start to the season, I think.

ETA: Good night, everybody. I have to get some shut-eye.

GDDevils*

What the hell did you watch? Severson had his best gm in over a year tonight, that 3 on 3 shift did not mitigate his strong game tonight.

I watched the game. That pairing was not good. Severson was soft all game, like he has been his whole career. If that was his best game, which it wasn't, then that is pretty sad.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
BTW, didn't read thru the thread, but did anyone notice SPEERS out for the last PK? That's a LOT of trust in a kid.

MauDevils

Jan 11, 2009
New Jersey
How is anyone blaming Severson? That's one of the worst non-calls I've ever witnessed. He's literally 10 feet away from the puck before he gets shoved again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad