GDT: Devils vs. Islanders - Groundhog Day - 7:00 PM - MSG

What keeps you watching these games?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Lovejoy definitely had a schneider deflection this year. Not sure if it was that game tho, i think it was that last Cory OT loss.

Yes, Greene definitely had that last OG that pretty much boinked the game, now I recall it. it was bad.

Yeah I don't recall if LJ's deflection was in that same game but he made some peewee error in a game where he reached to block a fast puck with his glove and the goalie never had a chance on the redirect.

That aside, Lovejoy has been a trooper this year. Rest of our D makes him look even better.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Poor Cory between that last minute post we hit in ot and no help whatsoever in the shootout I feel bad for the guy. He played amazing tonight.

Also really hate islanders fans so damn annoying for a fan base who hasn't done jack shit since the early 80s.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
MoJo should be tried in shootouts

I thought the same thing, if for no other reason than just to get him a positive highlight if he scores. #Showcase

Lovejoy definitely had a schneider deflection this year. Not sure if it was that game tho, i think it was that last Cory OT loss.

Few people realize this, but of the 30 goals Cory has allowed this season, FIVE of them were put into the net directly by Devils players.

Reactions: Billdo and mtnet

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Its funny the correlation of when the NJ Devils have iced their worst defense in franchise history that they have the worst save % in that season.

It must be the goaltending
With a healthy Vatanen, they have a more talented defensive group than they had for much of the late Lou era teams.

Reactions: Bleedred

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
lol look at colorado. they want to trade varly for kinkaid. edmonton wants to offload talbot for schneider. this board is delusional and spoiled by decades of solid defense and legendary goaltending.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I want to say the 3 Devils own goals were: Vats, Noesen, Greene.

If I'm correct it will be a miracle though as I have a terrible memory. Not even sure how you'd check that sort of thing as there's no stat for "own goals" lol.

It was Noesen, Lovejoy, and Greene against the Ducks. Vats had one against somebody else before that.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
So even the GM calling out his own goaltenders isn’t enough proof to accept that we’ve had ****ty goaltending this year?

The GM that did nothing to improve the defense whatsoever during free agency?

Yes, a great person to trust.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
Hynes needs to give Cory the next game.
Definitely. He should play both weekend contests. Even if he looks weak on Saturday. There’s nothing to lose anymore. Needing consistent playing time for KK is a thing of the bygone era. He’s outta NJ in two months. We have to see if Schneids is serviceable enough to play beyond this year. I don’t wanna see KK anymore. I wanna see MBW or #35. KK can play a couple more but he shouldn’t get a consistent rotation down the stretch. He’s had his look and it wasn’t working.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Yeah I don't recall if LJ's deflection was in that same game but he made some peewee error in a game where he reached to block a fast puck with his glove and the goalie never had a chance on the redirect

That aside, Lovejoy has been a trooper this year I must say. Rest of uur D makes him look even better.

That was it. But yes, the games blur since we scored on our own goalie so many times in the last two seasons. It was like a clowncar show...

Reactions: mtnet

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
With a healthy Vatanen, they have a more talented defensive group than they had for much of the late Lou era teams.

We have 0 shut down D-men. Salvador-Volchenkov was a better defensive pair than whatever we have now, which is pretty sad.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
lol these posters saying we have awful goaltending were the ones going to bat and making every excuse for cory. now they want to prove their point on a 2-1 shootout lost where we started gabriel? jesus

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
Okay, so the alternative is to trust HF Boards? I’m taking my chances with Shero.

I can watch hockey and analyze. Its not hard to see that our defense is way too small, weak, and inexperienced. Most of the Dmen on this team couldn't even crack most NHL lineups. We have the worst D in the league.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
I thought the same thing, if for no other reason than just to get him a positive highlight if he scores. #Showcase

Few people realize this, but of the 30 goals Cory has allowed this season, FIVE of them were put into the net directly by Devils players.

That's a sizable percentage.... hope he doesn't need another rehab stint to shake out this loss... Guy will lose his mind if this keeps up.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Definitely. He should play both weekend contests. Even if he looks weak on Saturday. There’s nothing to lose anymore. Needing consistent playing time for KK is a thing of the bygone era. He’s outta NJ in two months. We have to see if Schneids is serviceable enough to play beyond this year. I don’t wanna see KK anymore. I wanna see MBW or #35. KK can play a couple more but he shouldn’t get a consistent rotation down the stretch. He’s had his look and it wasn’t working.

The best thing for us is Cory to return to a serviceable form and we can roll Big Mac and Cory next year, if not no other reason it will cost us zero assets or dead cap.

Reactions: vtdevils2k

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
Save % doesn't determine anything related to goaltending, especially a defense that gives up numerous turnovers and offensive chances in key scoring locations
This is fact. f*** that overrated #30 guy. If he didn’t play behind so many great HOF personalities than he wouldn’t have won all those Vezina’s and other team trophies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
It was Noesen, Lovejoy, and Greene against the Ducks. Vats had one against somebody else before that.

The Vatanen one was the most amazing of them all.

Vats turns, elevates it, and absolutely RIPS it past Cory from like 8 feet out. ROFL. Schneider looked absolutely shocked, as if Vats meant to do it. :biglaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad