GDT: Devils vs Canucks - 1:00 PM - MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I wonder if it is too late? I think we are going to need about 60 points in the next 44 games. Probably going to need another 25 wins to even have a shot at the playoffs.

Reactions: liquid1988

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Yeah that's the thing...looking at his overall season stats is still sobering and why I don't want to get too giddy just yet, but you almost have to throw out the first ten games at this point. This is really the first sustained stretch (re: more than a game or two) of Zacha actually playing well he's had like ever.
But the Washington game was in that stretch and that was probably Zacha's best game of his career.

Today probably wasn't one of his best(5v5 at least, still a beast on the PK), but he had an oppurtunity and he ripped it. And that shot will allow him to put points on the board even when he's not having a great game, but he has to be aggressive with it.

Reactions: Aethon

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I wouldn't argue with that point of view but for purely selfish reasons I would like to see some playoff hockey.
Ya no doubt, unfortuneately we had a complete poop fest for 30 games there. Would be amazing if we can overcome that, but it might be too much to ask.

Reactions: Aethon

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
So what were the major issues during that 30 game stretch of poop?

I thought goaltending was #1, I thought Zacha not producing was huge, and the lack of a #1 D man.

What has changed in this 5 game stretch?

We've gotten great goaltending.

Zacha (and Wood) have gotten going.

Still looking for that #1 D-man. Hopefully he is currently playing in the WJC for team Canada.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003

I thought goaltending was #1, I thought Zacha not producing was huge, and the lack of a #1 D man.

Still looking for that #1 D-man. Hopefully he is currently playing in the WJC for team Canada.
It's all Santini ;)

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Devils January and February schedule are at least .650% win percentage reasonable. Like no elite teams in feb.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah if we're gonna go by the record with JQ playing 8-12 minutes a night doing zilch then clearly they're better without Hall too.

Reactions: Blender

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
This team had to rip off a 8-9 game winning streak before I can consider them playoff relevant again

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I think it is too late, but if they want to make it interesting and we keep getting goals from Zacha and wins from Blackwood, I am fine with that.
I also think our playoff hopes are gone, but I want to see a consistent effort down the stretch here. Zero excuse to not show up for game after game like they were.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Those two you mentioned and a softer schedule.

Our 1 is absolutely playing (and playing well) in WJC but we need to go find another guy on top of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad