GDT: Devils vs Canucks - 1:00 PM - MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
The second period made me a Blackwood believer (maybe - small sample size). A lot of those saves were special.

To just keep playing well is the key for this team. Too early to start counting points or handicapping the race. Three wins doesn’t quite make a streak. But it’s a hopeful start.

Happy 2019 to all. MP
Two shutouts do.:nod:

Reactions: nugg

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We played great in the 3rd. I'm not sure if the Vatanen goal took the Canucks out of the game or if somebody did some screaming in the locker room in the 2nd intermission, but they only had 4 shots the entire period.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
We played great in the 3rd. I'm not sure if the Vatanen goal took the Canucks out of the game or if somebody did some screaming in the locker room in the 2nd intermission, but they only had 4 shots the entire period.

Sal said if we score early in the 3rd it would be game over, Vanc would be deflated, he was right

Reactions: Bleedred

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
The way the devils played in the third really made me love that Lovejoy intermission interview.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
That, Santini, and Severson is doing way better recently.

Glad to hear that, I've missed the Columbus, Boston, and Carolina games due to vacation.

Santini I've always had faith in and have said he should be a starter.

As for Severson, if he learns he's playing defense in the NHL rather than wing, I'd have no problem with him.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I think only the Vatanen goal was one I'd say was a no-chance goal.

I think it went off a skate in front.

The Wood shot was a laser, even you with your schoolmarm rigidness for goalie play, cant fault a goalie on that.

The Boyle & Zacha goals could have been saved.

Reactions: Take Notes

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
look out brian boucher…mac is on the attack for your record*

I'm old enough to remember when he was going to cure the Flyers long-standing goalie problems. Then Roman Cechmanek (the weird face-save guy) was going to save the Flyers. And on and on for over 20 years now....

There really are only 3 things certain in life; death, taxes, and Philadelphia Flyers goal-tending woes.

I just got back from dinner and during dinner I said to my wife...do you think it is too late for McKenzie to make a run at the Calder...she told me to settle down.

Your regular whiskey or were you trying something fancy?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Wood shot was a laser, even you with your schoolmarm rigidness for goalie play, cant fault a goalie on that.

The Boyle & Zacha goals could have been saved.
He was off his angle on the Wood goal. I think even Dano pointed that out.

After looking at the Zacha goal again, I don’t think I can nail him on that one. It was a one timer and I don’t really ding the goalie on a one timer, unless he was in position on it.

The Vatanen goal is starting to look more hideous to me, I don’t think that went off a skate in front.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Somebody is a lock to win an award 38 games into the season?

Yeah, I mean, he's clearly the favorite were I a betting man, but that's a bit premature. Especially given his shooting percentage is > 27%.

That at least tells me his goal-scoring clip is completely unsustainable & a flukish outlier to this point. I'd also hazard to say that few people actually understand or are aware of this.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Elias Pettersson is a lock to win the Calder, nice try.

giphy.gif

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Yeah, I mean, he's clearly the favorite were I a betting man, but that's a bit premature. Especially given his shooting percentage is > 27%.

That at least tells me his goal-scoring clip is completely unsustainable & a flukish outlier to this point. I'd also hazard to say that few people actually understand or are aware of this.
The ones that are aware are tripping over themselves to explain it away by saying his shot selection is so good he will sustain it. No one beats shooting percentage, it has never happened.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Pettersson does have a 14 point gap on the next closest rookie, so he is a pretty heavy favorite. Saying it's a "lock" is a bit premature though.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
Nico doesnt exactly look thrilled to be standing in the pouring rain.... or being a 3rd wheel

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181231-235215_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20181231-235215_Instagram.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 104
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad