GDT: Devils vs Canucks - 1:00 PM - MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

HughJazz3dg

Jun 27, 2011
Vancouver has always been my least favourite team outside of NYR and Philly. Felt really good to watch the Devils pop four on them.

Reactions: glenwo2

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
Sour grapes, sore losers that got whitewashed today.
How many Cups have Vanc won?
The Rock is a great arena and we know that this part of Newark is fine.
The pregame scene on Edison Place is one of the best too.

Total reflection of the Vancouver Fans here in this forum. They are by far the worst in the league, reading their stuff is nothing but disgusting. Their guys are just the best while everybody else is just crap. Too bad they are franchise that has never won anything.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
He's a physical beast, he's quick, has a great shot, is a great passer, is excellent defensively, etc. Everything about him screams good player, but he just hasn't been able to put his tools together to make it work. Hopefully he has finally figured it out.

This.

If I didn't know the point totals I'd assume Zacha was at the very least a solid #2 center. He has all of the tools you could ask for, the points just aren't there. The goals I can get, up until recently he's been very much a pass-first guy and not really utilizing the solid shot he does have. The assists this year is mystifying, he should have way more than he does. Hell look at the one he got the other day, really didn't do much to shove the puck to Nico but he still got an assist - how does he not have more of those at least?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
The Prudential Center isn't in a good area, but it's a nice building. I'm confused, why the canuck announcers are trashing the building?
Their broadcast crew is one of the worst in the league, that's why. They aren't that much better than Paul Steigerwald and Bob Errey were as a team.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Many Canadian fans just sit in a media bubble and parrot whatever TSN/RDS tells them. They love nothing more than using old stereotypes as an excuse to act condescending towards American fans.

Reactions: MichaelJ

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Hynes doing long press conferences now LOL.

He has a lot to say when they win

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
I don't see anything obvious, but the big thing with goalies is consistency. Every goalie who suits up in the NHL (well, except Cory I guess) is capable of being good for a stretch of games. We still need to see how Blackwood responds to adversity. If he has a bad game does it linger, or does he shake it off? Are there tendencies shooters can key on? It's an extremely small sample size, so trying to draw any conclusions is premature. Still, it's nice to see actual good goaltending again. It would be fantastic if Blackwood can at least provide some level of consistency there moving forward.

The only concern I have is how blackwood holds up in the long run if he keeps getting a ton of shots on him and like you said how he responds mentally to a bad game that's going to happen sooner or later. I don't think teams getting more tape on him will do anything. he's the real deal.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
The Prudential Center isn't in a good area, but it's a nice building. I'm confused, why the canuck announcers are trashing the building?
Downtown Newark is fine and getting better with each passing year.

A dear friend of mine bought a condo 1 block in to ironbound 5 years ago for 300k and had it appraised a few months ago at 365 - no reno outside of cosmetic. That's impressive appreciation for any town.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Many Canadian fans just sit in a media bubble and parrot whatever TSN/RDS tells them. They love nothing more than using old stereotypes as an excuse to act condescending towards American fans.
Speaking as a Canadian, most of them. Sportsnet is a lot worse than TSN as well, and they have most of the broadcasting right now. I don't like sometimes how much MSG talks about other teams/players during our broadcast, but it's a lot better than most Canadian broadcasts which just drool over their favourites all the time and can't even get basic facts right about other teams.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

A dear friend of mine bought a condo 1 block in to ironbound 5 years ago - no reno - for 300k and had it appraised a few months ago at 365. That's impressive appreciation for any town.

Yeah, and millions of money coming in for ongoing and future development around The Rock.

But that's another conversation, let's not let dumb Vanc fans throw us off topic.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Speaking as a Canadian, most of them. Sportsnet is a lot worse than TSN as well, and they have most of the broadcasting right now. I don't like sometimes how much MSG talks about other teams/players during our broadcast, but it's a lot better than most Canadian broadcasts which just drool over their favourites all the time and can't even get basic facts right about other teams.

Can confirm this as well. I haven't had the pleasure of watching a Sportsnet/TSN broadcast when the Devils are on for a while, but they're usually awful. I'm assuming it's the same for other teams, I just don't know them well enough to know the bullshit they spew.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
This.

If I didn't know the point totals I'd assume Zacha was at the very least a solid #2 center. He has all of the tools you could ask for, the points just aren't there. The goals I can get, up until recently he's been very much a pass-first guy and not really utilizing the solid shot he does have. The assists this year is mystifying, he should have way more than he does. Hell look at the one he got the other day, really didn't do much to shove the puck to Nico but he still got an assist - how does he not have more of those at least?

Yeah that's the thing...looking at his overall season stats is still sobering and why I don't want to get too giddy just yet, but you almost have to throw out the first ten games at this point. This is really the first sustained stretch (re: more than a game or two) of Zacha actually playing well he's had like ever.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Didn't Jim Hughson used to do PBP for them?
Yes, from 1999-2005 he did their local broadcasts. He also did a lot of their games when he moved to CBC as he did whatever the late game was. He was promoted to the head HNIC guy like 10 years ago.

Reactions: tr83

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
That Zacha goal still gives me a half chub. That whole sequence needs to be shown, not just the goal. Him saving a grade A opportunity allowed that goal to transpire.
It was a friggin rocket too. 20 games ago Zacha would've carried that puck towards the boards looking for someone else. Him ripping that one was EXACTLY what he needs to keep doing.

Zacha has too much talent to only have 8 points... I am going to keep believing that he is going to breakout in a big way.
It's coming. It's kind of already here.

Nemec

Apr 5, 2009

A dear friend of mine bought a condo 1 block in to ironbound 5 years ago for 300k and had it appraised a few months ago at 365 - no reno outside of cosmetic. That's impressive appreciation for any town.

Would've been nice to get the Amazon bid, tax concessions aside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad