NJ
You just did. :eyeroll:
giphy.gif

Reactions: MichaelJ

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Growth, thats what the rest of the season needs to be about. If the by some miracle make the playoffs great.

It needs to be about Zacha continuing this trend, Nico and Bratt continuing to grow, guys like Butcher, Santini, and Severson growing. Coleman seems to take large jumps, does he continue to grow as well? Wood getting on track. Perhaps the most surprising is can Blackwood continue to play well. Somtimes coming in as a young player and doing well gives you the confidence you need for a good career because you realize, I can play in this league.

Thats what its about. If these guys spend the year growing next year they should all better and the team will be better, much better.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
why will it take miracles to make the playoffs?

The team is 6-8 points behind a wildcard spot right now and there are 44 games left...

Last edited by a moderator:

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
There is still so much ground to make up an so many teams to hop to make a playoff run I'm not even considering the idea, just want to be competitive the rest of the way

This team basically has to have multiple 3-4 game win streaks with only losing 1 game in between them, and if you lose multiple games in a row, it can't be more than 3 and those have to be at least 1 point games.

It can't be understated just how badly this coaching staff and how badly Schneider screwed this team by putting them in such a position.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
why will it take miracles to make the playoffs?

The team is 6-8 points behind a wildcard spot right now

They're also behind a million teams and the playoff point total only continues to rise as contenders buy and pretenders sell off at the deadline.

It's not anywhere near 2010-type bad but by normal standards it's bad. Plus they need to start proving they can play on the road before I can take any 'playoff hunt' seriously. Four wins in nineteen games so far...if you want a big run they need at WORST 2-1-1 on this trip coming up.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
They're also behind a million teams and the playoff point total only continues to rise as contenders buy and pretenders sell off at the deadline.

It's not anywhere near 2010-type bad but by normal standards it's bad. Plus they need to start proving they can play on the road before I can take any 'playoff hunt' seriously. Four wins in nineteen games so far...if you want a big run they need at WORST 2-1-1 on this trip coming up.
Because we would have to jump over something like 9 teams...
its the NHL, if there is any league a team can do it its this one

also I think people are overreacting a bit. Everyone always acts like their team has to win every game while others lose every game, when in reality almost every season 1-2 teams rise quickly and 1-2 fall quickly, on top of common shuffling from injuries and hot streaks.

Just try to win and go game by game, it doesnt help labeling things such as miracles when its an annual occurrence in the NHL

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
I wonder if it is too late? I think we are going to need about 60 points in the next 44 games. Probably going to need another 25 wins to even have a shot at the playoffs.
I'm thinking 93 does it which would mean 24-12-8ish. Not impossible, but that's a tall mountain to climb.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I'm not even thinking playoffs. I'd just like to see this team put in consistent efforts and be a pain to play against again. Maybe play spoiler to some teams late in the season.

Reactions: glenwo2 and My3Sons

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I'm not even thinking playoffs. I'd just like to see this team put in consistent efforts and be a pain to play against again. Maybe play spoiler to some teams late in the season.
Agree just play well consistently. And by doing so we should get back into the mix, where the late season games are meaningful, even if we don't ever capture a spot.

Reactions: My3Sons

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Playoffs at this point are irrelevant to me. I just want to see them compete more often than not because the first half was a disgrace the way they played a lot of those games.

Reactions: MakoSlade

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Sour grapes, sore losers that got whitewashed today.

How many Cups have Vanc won?

The Rock is a great arena and we know that this part of Newark is fine.

The pregame scene on Edison Place is one of the best too.

That’s both a symptom and cause of the garage league stigma of the NHL. You would not hear that on an NFL or MLB or a national NBA broadcast. Taking pot shots at a league member’s arena because your team laid an egg is unprofessional. I guess VAN has paid fans rather than pro broadcasters working its games.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
this team is good enough to win 24-12 or whatever record it was someone posted

They were a top 2 team in the Metro before Schneiders injury last year AND before Hall went on a tear. Without any major subtractions, I dont see why the team cant do that again unless Blackwood ends up back in the AHL and Kinkaid falters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad