GDT: Devils vs. Blues - 24 More To Go - 8:00 PM - MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Damn, Chico is really singling out Severson on the radio. I guess he’s a minus 3 now, and at the heart of our defensive woes in this one.
He’s played 26:30 minutes against a very motivated St Louis Blues team while often being paired with garbage.

He’s not going to fair well as the 1D playing half the game against a top team.

Reactions: Blackjack

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
The myth that he is a good defender needs to die. He can PK. It’s all he can do.
i didn't say that in there? The problem with this team is even with all his warts he's still 5th on the team in scoring. When this team has enough talent to consistently play him on the 4th line they'll be in a better spot.

A lot of guys are ill-suited for the roles they play in this team and it shows that's why I'm okay with blowing it up. No simple fix for this

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Severson can’t single handedly carry top pairing duty against teams like this. Greene would have helped or even Butcher.

edit: Or better defensemen. That would help at ton.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
You don't win many games where you score zero goals.
D8082790-281C-4DB5-AE4A-56B850E399EE.gif

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
A good example of why their should be wariness about removing the interim tag for anyone in this organization right now.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
I rarely get to watch games on TV on days in have off from work and I was somewhat excited for tonight's game. Easily one of our worst of the season. So much work needed to be done but who knows where this team is going. We cant even get lottery picks right ffs. Maybe Byfield or whoever we wind up with will actually be a difference maker...

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I rarely get to watch games on TV on days in have off from work and I was somewhat excited for tonight's game. Easily one of our worst of the season. So much work needed to be done but who knows where this team is going. We cant even get lottery picks right ffs. Maybe Byfield or whoever we wind up with will actually be a difference maker...

It starts with a proven coach. The team has beer league structure

Camille the Eel

Get out of here with The plus minus stat. THE ENTIRE TEAM SHOULD BE A MINUS FIVE IF IT WASNT FOR DOMINGUE MAKING CRAZY SAVES. Ridiculous.

Hughes is one of the only few who generated some zone pressure and chances.
He was also less averse to contact, was battling more for pucks and involved in the scrums, not just hanging and throwing the puck away. I think giving him time on the wing from here may be a good idea. He was not our problem tonight.

Not did I see Zacha do anything to draw specific contempt. I mean Severson made some awful plays; Wood was much more visibly useless; Zajac looked his age and really out of place on the ice . . . Really I can’t fault Zacha with anything I remember.

Clearly we are not in the same class with the team that beat us. We were totally dominated from start to finish. And you could see Coleman’s absence too. The second line has vanished. Gusev is hung out there with literally nobody when Zajac looks like he did tonight. We traded our best or second best forward for prospects. Get used to us looking as anemic as this in more games as we limp through the last 20.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Damon Severson played almost a half an hour against a relentless forecheck and behind forwards that were absolutely clueless. He might not have had a great game, but anyone that's hanging him for this one is out of their mind.

Hmm, maybe next time let's not scratch one of our best players for reasons that the head coach can't even articulate. Yes, that sounds like a good idea.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
I’m sick and tired of reading excuses on top of excuses when talking about Damon Severson.

If the Leafs want him, maybe we can pull a Larsson/Hall type of deal and ask for Nylander.

I’m so tired of watching this guy f*** up in our own zone.

Reactions: Maine Fan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad