EVXBoJs.png

OlwIKnG.png

lxK6NXT.gif

xXWyrG7.png

J5MpHVT.png

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Bratt just got the first star of the game on Sunday and now he's scratched cause he has to bring it more lol...granted a bit of a dubious first star, but still hilarious timing.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
It could be something as simple as Bratt being late to a meeting or practice. It wouldn't surprise me if they'd hide that it's disciplinary by saying he needs a game off to learn.

It's interesting that they're trying Hughes on wing. It may be reading into it a bit, but I wonder if this is an audition/trial to see if he's capable there in the eventuality we draft a stud C with our first pick.

Reactions: The 29th Pick

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Bratt just got the first star of the game on Sunday and now he's scratched cause he has to bring it more lol...granted a bit of a dubious first star, but still hilarious timing.
I'm glad you put that last thing in because it should've been Blackwood by a landslide. I think this is more for the Dads trip though and is a gesture.

Reactions: Patrik26

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
It could be something as simple as Bratt being late to a meeting or practice. It wouldn't surprise me if they'd hide that it's disciplinary by saying he needs a game off to learn.

It's interesting that they're trying Hughes on wing. It may be reading into it a bit, but I wonder if this is an audition/trial to see if he's capable there in the eventuality we draft a stud C with our first pick.
Definitely think you are reading into it too much. This is more so the coaching staff FINALLY waking the hell up and realizing starting a severely undersized, offensive minded kid at center in the friggin NHL is a terrible idea more often than not.

This change should have been made 10 games into the season. Let Hughes adapt to the NHL game with less defensive responsibilities on the wing, where he can also play a more free flowing game.

It blows my mind two different head coaches kept jamming him at center despite clear struggles and little progress. Two complete jabronis.

Ironically, this prob isn't even them realizing their mistakes. It may be out of necessity post Hall, Coleman trades and Bratt injury.

Reactions: Nubmer6

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
I don't like scratching Bratt but I really hate moving Hughes to LW. Hughes is probably going to look better at LW because it's an easier job and then what do you do with that information? Hughes needs to become an impact top 6 center, there's just no other path forward for the franchise.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
The Blues are really slumping, 2-6-2 in their L10, luckily they’re in the west so it’s not a fatal slide. Their current 5 game losing streak includes 3 home losses, both those streaks are the longest of their season.

I’m not sure why St Louis is struggling right now. They must be due for a win but this game feels like something we will win before losing to the Sharks in NJ in the next game.

Edit: Whoops, forgot about who’s in goal, so a win would be super fluky. You’re welcome St Louis.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
The Blues are really slumping, 2-6-2 in their L10, luckily they’re in the west so it’s not a fatal slide. Their current 5 game losing streak includes 3 home losses, both those streaks are the longest of their season.

I’m not sure why St Louis is struggling right now. They must be due for a win but this game feels like something we will win before losing to the Sharks in NJ in the next game.

Edit: Whoops, forgot about who’s in goal, so a win would be super fluky. You’re welcome St Louis.

It's insane that we basically win every game with Blackwood and lose every game with Domingue, but here we are. @Bleedred this has to be the end of Domingue's career right? Everyone could pretend he was good when he was putting up numbers behind Tampa's defense against cream puff teams, but his performance this year really cannot be ignored. I think we would have been better off with Senn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad