GDT: Devils @ Penguins 7:00 MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
But Dougie though….he really seems to have his head up his ass a lot of times, and combining that with his slow speed it’s just…ugly. I can easily envision those last few years of his contract being a real nightmare.
Dougie saw his time cut tonight pretty significantly tonight. He came into this game averaging 22:11 he got 16 minutes tonight.

Marino 21:27
Siegenthaler 18:49
Smith 17:55
Miller 17:30
Hughes 16:12
Hamilton 16:00
Bahl 12:08

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I have been saying they must tighten up the defense. it is not all the goalie's fault. when they do it get a win. Vitek played great as well he knew he had support ahead of him. also no stupid passes in their own end.

how about Lazar, I remember him playing for Buffalo and when he was traded to the Bruins he said all he wanted was a team to call Home but the Bruins got rid of him and now maybe he feels at Home with the Devils.

way to go Devils

Camille the Eel

he is already our best DMan
Luke’s move to go around Guentzel at the Pittsburgh blue line and enter the zone to set up Bratt’s game winning goal was just sick. And so effortless. Guentzel is standing up there and Luke just blows around him like he’s a traffic pylon.

Not many players can make that play, not to mention make it look that easy.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Bahl played the least of any d-man, lousy numbers too.

For all you Smith fans out there hoping he gets more time looking fwd.

I don't think Smith has any fans that aren't related to him. :laugh:

And not even all of them, because his brother plays in the NHL too.

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019
Land of Hope & Cups.
But the ride is so much fun.
7B6524F6-60D0-45FF-8EBF-653FCA9A7FC2.gif

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Siegs and Dougie below their own goal line are often looking pretty ugly at times.

The d-man trying to break out under pressure from below the circles often doesn't have a real solid option in this system.
That may be the toughest part of the structure.

You win the puck down low and the other defenseman and a forward are standing next to you so aren’t good options as it doesn’t get the puck away from the battle.

Another forward is standing still in the slot. The other forward is standing still at the halfboards. Neither are great options as they don’t have movement and have back pressure from the opponents defenseman.

You are kind of asking for one of the Devils to try and best an opponent 1 on 1 to get the puck out unless you’d like the Devils to high flip the puck 20 times a game. Which arguably could be the correct thing; get the puck to the neutral zone where the Devils are stronger.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don’t know why Lazar couldn’t become a top-9 player and has underwhelmed in his career.

He looks like a guy that has top-9 (3rd line) potential, but he’s already 28 and I don’t expect it to all the sudden come for him now.

But he kind of has sometimes made me wonder why he wasn’t something more.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Luke’s move to go around Guentzel at the Pittsburgh blue line and enter the zone to set up Bratt’s game winning goal was just sick. And so effortless. Guentzel is standing up there and Luke just blows around him like he’s a traffic pylon.

Not many players can make that play, not to mention make it look that easy.
Who does this kid think he is !? Jack and Quinn Hughes out there !?

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
That may be the toughest part of the structure.

You win the puck down low and the other defenseman and a forward are standing next to you so aren’t good options as it doesn’t get the puck away from the battle.

Another forward is standing still in the slot. The other forward is standing still at the halfboards. Neither are great options as they don’t have movement and have back pressure from the opponents defenseman.

You are kind of asking for one of the Devils to try and best an opponent 1 on 1 to get the puck out unless you’d like the Devils to high flip the puck 20 times a game. Which arguably could be the correct thing; get the puck to the neutral zone where the Devils are stronger.
Does anyone have anything positive to say about this structure in the d-zone? Lol

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Kid has been sick all year. 10 points in 15 games, great skating and offensive vision. His defensive game has vastly improved as well. He has room to improve there, but he's been better than I thought he would.
I thought our D was worse this year because we replaced Graves/Severson with this scrawny boy that’s barely out of his teens tho.

Bahl played the least of any d-man, lousy numbers too.

For all you Smith fans out there hoping he gets more time looking fwd.
Seems he’s had trouble since that game he got hit with a puck a couple games back.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I was really feeling the Pens hot streak was due to be snapped. Between having to play us (we’re that team for them) and the fact that they’re kind of having a market correction heater after their pretty dreadful start before the road trip out to California.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Highlights from the game:

Pretty cool to see two our goals come from pure snipes (Bratt and Toffoli), two from nice passing plays (Lazar and Holtz), and one from pure garbge (Bastian).

Scoring every which way to end the Pens' hot streak.

Damn, that visceral scream by Alex when he scores at 7:34! Must've felt awesome for him to get rewarded! Solid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad