GDT: Devils @ Penguins 7:00 MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
That looks like way too many players above 50% for both sides?
I didn’t look or compare for this game but you’d need to add a modifier for time on ice to have an equal distribution. Otherwise, you can have more than half above or below water.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Bratt f***ing hates the olds

Ah yes the crab move goal.

vxc0yare2go61.png

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
TG has been posting the standings nightly for the last two weeks and it's been annoying. It's f***ing November, Tom.
Yes, especially in-season standings based just on points are inaccurate given the differences in games played. If you are going to do in-season standings it needs to be in Pts. % and doing the games back math.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Vanececk was solid although he didn't need to be spectacular this game because the team defended well infront of him. Vitek made a big save I believe in the 3rd where he had to jam up the post on a rebound that came from the back boards where it could of changed the game drastically.

My favorite moment was that Holtz goal. Mercer 100% made up for that bad pass with that nice feed. Even Palat got a pretty good earned secondary assist on that one. I'm glad Holtz scored. He looked pretty thrilled after he did. He has been more noticeable on both ends of the ice. You can see the hardwork and more attention to detail paying off.

Hamilton only played 16 mins tonight. Miller played 17 in his debut and Bahl only played 12. I'm thinking Meier isn't coming back Saturday or Jack so I have a feeling they will run this lineup again. If Jack somehow comes back than I think Bahl will be the oddman out.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
Miller played well but I just don't see how you take out Smith's PK minutes.
I said before the season and I'll say again that 7D makes a lot of sense for this group for this reason alone. The only problem is that Smith being in the lineup at all means he'll get even strength shifts where he has just been abysmal. We really need some of the other D to step up on the PK

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I said before the season and I'll say again that 7D makes a lot of sense for this group for this reason alone. The only problem is that Smith being in the lineup at all means he'll get even strength shifts where he has just been abysmal. We really need some of the other D to step up on the PK
It def makes sense with all the fwd's out. When they come back? Probably not as much.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Way better showing after more of the same slop in the first 7 minutes. Still saw some sloppy unforced turnovers in the third, but overall a clear step up from what we’ve seen defensively most of the season. Vanacek definitely bailed out the team a couple of times, nice to see that as well.

But Dougie though….he really seems to have his head up his ass a lot of times, and combining that with his slow speed it’s just…ugly. I can easily envision those last few years of his contract being a real nightmare.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Just saw in the box score that Mercer's assist on Holtz's goal was his first of the season. Uh what?

I mean, I knew he was in a slump until he scored some goals the last couple games, but damn. That was even worse than I thought.
He lead the forwards in icetime tonight.

He's gotten better the last few games. He could of had multiple points tonight. Over that rough stretch to start the season he was not visible most nights. It was pretty rough but I was shocked as well when I checked the box score and saw it was his first assist too. If he was getting minutes on the top powerplay unit he would of had more but that unit needs to stay the same once everyone is healthy.

Last edited:

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Devils only have one other game this season where they scored 3 or more 5v5 goals, the loss against Washington.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Bahl played the least of any d-man, lousy numbers too.

For all you Smith fans out there hoping he gets more time looking fwd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad