GDT: Devils @ Penguins 7:00 MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
Wow, this is my first Game Day Thread of the season. Since the team got so much better last year, I haven't had the chance to do as many. There are questions to be answered.

Will our injured heroes return to the ice tonight?

1700148455364.png

Will we see a new D man tonight?

Will Lindy do something puzzling?

Your New Jersey Devils Projected Lineup:

#28 Timo Meier - #20 Michael McLeod - #63 Jesper Bratt
#73 Tyler Toffoli - #91 Dawson Mercer - #10 Alexander Holtz
#18 Ondrej Palat - #56 Erik Haula - #42 Curtis Lazar
#92 Tomas Nosek - #11 Chris Tierney - #14 Nathan Bastian

#43 Luke Hughes - #7 Dougie Hamilton
#71 Jonas Siegenthaler - #6 John Marino
#88 Kevin Bahl - #2 Brendan Smith

#40 Akira Schmid
#41 Vitek Vanecek

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
With all the Holtz and Brendan Smith talk on here haven't heard much about Timo Meier.

Other than the one third period shift right after a Winnipeg goal when he created a chance and then made a play on the back check I didn't notice him much Tuesday.

Is there something I'm missing or should his game be one of the concerns going forward?

Zacha37

Dec 8, 2016
With all the Holtz and Brendan Smith talk on here haven't heard much about Timo Meier.

Other than the one third period shift right after a Winnipeg goal when he created a chance and then made a play on the back check I didn't notice him much Tuesday.

Is there something I'm missing or should his game be one of the concerns going forward?
IMO he’s been one of the few that’s produced since the loss of Jack/Nico

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017

I think he got hurt last game but ultimately didn’t miss any time. He could be banged up a bit but I’m not worried about timo

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Definitely need a better defensive effort tonight.

Hoping Hughes will be back, but at the same time I don't want him to push it before he's back at 100%.
If Hughes comes back and is playing wing tonight then I may have to find a jelly jar to throw at the wall. :lol:

Reactions: My3Sons

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
I am very suspicious of this return from injury timeline. Between Jack apparently coming back way sooner than expected, and the couple of examples where he and Nico went back into a game shortly after getting knocked around when they shouldn’t have…I’m wondering if the team is deferring way too much to the player’s desire to get back in versus making the tough decision to ensure long term health.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

I'm feeling a bit like we got sold a bill of goods.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I am very suspicious of this return from injury timeline. Between Jack apparently coming back way sooner than expected, and the couple of examples where he and Nico went back into a game shortly after getting knocked around when they shouldn’t have…I’m wondering if the team is deferring way too much to the player’s desire to get back in versus making the tough decision to ensure long term health.
I didn't like either guy going back out there after those initial hits.

But the Nico timeline since seems very cautious since.

And if Hughes's injury is a non soft tissue shoulder bruise or something like that. Then I don't see the need for extra caution.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I think he’s an elite grinder. Similar to Parise in his prime with a bit better shot but a little less overall skill. I’d expect this type of player to be in the 70-80 point range, and that’s his current pace.

Were people expecting more than that?
Well part of the story was he is a high end possession player. We def haven't seen that. The opposite really.

His current pace is also in the 60's.

He is our highest paid fwd.

Reactions: Poppy Whoa Sonnet

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Timo did appear to tweak something last game. But he stayed in.

Seems to be a theme here…

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017

the guy who has 11 points in his last 11 games and goals in each of the last 3? i’d say he’s not one of our main areas of concern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad