Rumor: Devils not done making moves.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
I hope Shero is past the point now if taking garbage for picks. Hopefully is now geared toward trying another Subban like acquisition or a team needing to lose a top 6 winger or top 4 LD due to cap crunch . None of the crap player for a 2nd or 3rd round pick stuff .
Ownership and Shero saying they are not done IMO means a top 6 winger and /or LD is still on its way ( hopefully )

If the devils make a move, I think it has to be reasonably big. I don't think it'll be a Frolik type acquisition. The bottom six, RHD and bottom of the left side are set and fine. The two places that can be added to are top six winger and top of the lhd depth chart each of which would be more than a depth move, in my opinion.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
No idea how anyone could advocate signing Gardiner based on how the D is currently constructed, the over payment it would take, and his rumored back issues.

Reactions: Puckclektr

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
No idea how anyone could advocate signing Gardiner based on how the D is currently constructed, the over payment it would take, and his rumored back issues.

They could probably offer him a 1 or 2 year deal which makes sense.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

its nearly August and he is still unsigned

I highly doubt it would take an "overpayment" to sign him

and believe me, I don't want to sign him either.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
"several posters" didnt know he could be had for the poopoo platter

if we could acquire Marner for junk then sure lets do it but I am not paying a wing $12 million AAV and giving up our future as well.

"lets figure out the rest later" is a horrible way to run a team, especially one still with holes.

You can never have enough talent and if you do have to make moves to keep the players you want, you'll still get fair value for the star you're trying to move.

Our future is more then ok with the past drafts handled by Castron & Shero. How many more youngsters do we need in our prospect pool? It's not as if we aren't going to make any more picks for the next 4 years and btw, 1st round picks can be acquired by trades as well.

I'll take the already established 21 year old superstar over 4 prospects that might turn into something. True, we still have holes but let's not act as if we're going to fill them up with those 4 1st round picks and if we are doing that, those players will help us what, 4 to 8 years from now if not more? Another option would be to move a couple of those picks for immediate help but who are we getting in return? I don't think we'll be able to land a legit top pairing dman to play alongside Subban/Severson with a 1st round pick and a roster player because top pairing dmen aren't made available too often. We got lucky that Subban was a surplus in Nashville and they needed the cap space to sign Duchene as a UFA. We can probably land someone in the mold of a Jake Muzzin with a 1st and a roster player but I'm not convinced we'd be better off with Muzzin and 3 1st rounders over Marner.

Teams are going to acquire talent, even if it puts them over the cap because talent wins you games. Several teams are over the cap as we speak and they'll find a way, later, to be under the cap. You think the Rangers, the Golden Knights or whoever else is above the cap now won't find a way to make things work?

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
Because his back problems are overblown, his rumored contracts are bullshit because theyre rumors, and he can play LD better than anyone we have

Not that hard to understand

Reactions: mulefarm

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
More Gusev rumors floating around... would be a really nice pickup

Watch them sign Butcher to a 1 year deal, then retain on the deal and flip him to Vegas for Gusev and sign Gardiner.

I'm not sure how I would feel about that.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Because his back problems are overblown, his rumored contracts are bull**** because theyre rumors, and he can play LD better than anyone we have

Not that hard to understand

Yes it is. First off, I don't agree that he's clear ahead of Will Butcher. Second, even if he is better than Butcher and Greene, he is still not top pairing quality, and doesn't represent enough of an upgrade over either of them to spend a lot of money on. We also have Ty Smith who could easily be top 4 or even top pairing by the end of the year.

Do you really think if there was a defenseman out there better than Will Butcher with reasonable contract demands he'd be unsigned on July 29? Come on.

mulefarm

Oct 9, 2011
Gardiner would be a great addition! People that think he’s horrible defensively haven’t watched many games. Solid all around and I’m sure the forwards would love to have a D that can get them the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad