Post-Game Talk: Devils lose to Jets 8-4

Goats of the Game, Now Unlimited!!!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I don’t think this is on Ruff . This is what’s going to happen when you have a team with an average age of like 24-25.
What I don’t get is how teams like the RedWings and Ducks are winning . They have like three good players and they’re best ones are 19-22 years old …. I guess it’s the mix of youth and vets ?

Ducks have a good veteran defense and Getzkaf has played well and Henrique and Terry is 23-24 so older than guys like Nico and Jack and Mercer. Zegras and Drysdake playing well but they are supported by vets. Put them on NJ and while I think Drysdale is better than Smith I don’t think Zegras is better than Jack.

The Great Dame

Goose will be loose
Jan 3, 2008
NJ
Say what ever happened to Rick Kowalsky? Remember there was a period where he looked like the heir apparent? Lol

Camille the Eel

Ducks have a good veteran defense and Getzkaf has played well and Henrique and Terry is 23-24 so older than guys like Nico and Jack and Mercer. Zegras and Drysdake playing well but they are supported by vets. Put them on NJ and while I think Drysdale is better than Smith I don’t think Zegras is better than Jack.
Drysdale looked like the real thing the game we played them. He was just dominating and making it look effortless too.

Reactions: My3Sons

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Another question is why isn't this team ever ready to play in the 1st? Yet another disaster first period.

Ruff bag skated them after San Jose and they answered back with a no show against the Wild and another now show 1st period tonight.

Is Ruff sending the wrong message? Are the players just ignoring him? This has become a trend.

Though tonight they only played competent for maybe 10 minutes between the end of the 1st and start of the 2nd?

Reactions: GameSeven

Camille the Eel

My guess is that Ruff settles this down. That we continue to hover around NHL 500 going forward through the holidays. I don't expect this implosion to continue. We are exactly at 500 right now and really that's probably about where we deserve to be given our roster and experience. A lot of the other clubs in our division are struggling right now too by the way.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
My guess is that Ruff settles this down. That we continue to hover around NHL 500 going forward through the holidays. I don't expect this implosion to continue. We are exactly at 500 right now and really that's probably about where we deserve to be given our roster and experience. A lot of the other clubs in our division are struggling right now too by the way.

Schedule is pretty soft coming up so that might save Ruff's bacon

Reactions: Camille the Eel

Azathoth

May 25, 2017
Centre of Chaos
Question for those more ax’s and O’s inclined: how similar is the defensive game plan to that if hynes? It still seams like the defenders are either confused about their assignments or teams are adjusting to both defenders chasing the puck carrier? I think it was Fitz that said they run a pretty unique defensive structure. Is this why Nas has survived this long and does that mean some of the decisions are coming from higher up? Ok tin foil hat off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad