Goats of the Game, Now Unlimited!!!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
It’s time to bring in vets. I don’t mean mid-late-30 year olds, but they do need to bring in some late 20’s to 30 year olds up front. They need a Dianus Zubrus type up front. Could use a pre-crippled Langenbrunner type as well.

It’s time to ship out Zacha.

Reactions: theoptimist

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Dineen was a joke with the Panthers, but it's been almost 10 years, maybe he's gotten better?

Worst case scenario if we promote him and he doesn't work out, we can throw him back in Utica next year lol.

What? I mean we did it with Nas lol.

Reactions: Dialamo

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Dineen was a joke with the Panthers, but it's been almost 10 years, maybe he's gotten better?

Worst case scenario if we promote him and he doesn't work out, we can throw him back in Utica next year lol.

At least let's figure out now if he can be the guy or not. Put the interem tag on him. If he turns the team around, give him the job.

If he doesn't then at least we know and can move on to finding the right guy in the offseason

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
It’s time to bring in vets. I don’t mean mid-late-30 year olds, but they do need to bring in some late 20’s to 30 year olds up front. They need a Dianus Zubrus type up front. Could use a pre-crippled Langenbrunner type as well.

sounds like a job for JT Miller ;)

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The only thing that might make Fitzy itchy pulling the trigger a bit early would be he saw it cost Shero his job....twice.
Yup

The last GM here (under these owners) that let a coach stay too long wound up following him right out the door only about 5 or 6 weeks later.

Reactions: NJDevs26

Camille the Eel

I can't pick individual culprits. This was a team loss top to bottom. The talk about a coaching change also seems ridiculous to me. Let Ruff continue to work with these kids and someone else will reap next year what he's planting now.

But:

We have to stop letting other clubs skate through the neutral zone just picking up speed. Our D has to stop backing in and letting guys walk right into the slot to shoot point blank at our goal, or else make cross ice passes to guys coming in late wide open to do the same. We need to stop turning the puck over . . . repeatedly, like three times on the same sequence leading to their go ahead goal or the one after that. We need to hit back when teams hit us. Maybe even initiate physical play.

We have plenty of skill. Too much maybe. It's a matter of getting back to the fundamental things so that the skill can tell.

We have 3/4s of the season in front of us but it won't mean much unless we start to fix things now. In the last two years I haven't seen us worse than we've looked in three of the last four games (Nashville, Minny and Winny).

Reactions: Mgd31

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago

I know he's a corpse but I would like to see Eric Staal maybe play that Boqvist role.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020

To be fair, that Panthers team was not sustainable. They signed every free agent in the UFA pool in the summer of 2011 and he got them to a division title, albeit in a soft Southeast division back in the day. They were also our toughest test in the East that year in our cup run. I think he’d be way better than Ruff. I’d be ok with him as interim but probably a bit underwhelmed if it was a summer promotion type of hire with some better options out there.

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia

What vets? FYI not giving up the next 2 first round picks...e.g. this year and next year.

Reactions: Camille the Eel

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I know he's a corpse but I would like to see Eric Staal maybe play that Boqvist role.
Honestly, he might be better than Boqvist and McLeod.

I'm pretty sure 36 year old Zajac would have been, if he hadn't retired lol.

beekay414

Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI

Those Florida teams were baaaaaaaaaaaaaad talent wise. Once they started getting guys in, they started to turn a corner. I'm not putting that stint on Dineen.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Those Florida teams were baaaaaaaaaaaaaad talent wise. Once they started getting guys in, they started to turn a corner. I'm not putting that stint on Dineen.
They did finally get rid of a BAD GM that really had too many years to f*** shit up, including the Vegas expansion draft.

It's hilarious that his first year gone they had a great season and made the playoffs.

Reactions: NJDevs26

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Ruff's goalie rotation has not been good. Bernier has been ice cold due to running Blackwood into the ground.

He shouldn't have started the wild game after a tough game against San Jose.

He did this before when Blackwood got his bell rung and taken out of the game for concussion protocol. He went right back to Blackwood, which was q mistake, and he struggled. Then he went back to him again against Tampa and he started off poorly before being able to settle down in the second half of the game.

It worked out in that Tampa game, but it was needless to play it like that.

He is overplaying Blackwood and leaving Bernier ice cold and it's hurting both goalies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad