Post-Game Talk: Devils lose to Jets 8-4

Goats of the Game, Now Unlimited!!!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Are there any quality assistants out there that could be of interest?
I don't know, but I don't think the assistants are going anywhere without taking Ruff with them.

I think Nas should have been gone during the regime change of 2020, but I have to say, he's a lesser of 3 or 4 evils right now.

I don't know what Chris Taylor even does or what he's in charge of.

Recchi makes Gretzky look like a great coach.

I don't know if the goalie coach is that bad, but it was a mistake to let Melanson go. The guy they hired really has no resume that seemed good enough to let Melanson go. We had a young thriving goalie under Melanson and he's underperformed since the new goalie coach came.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
I would take Boudreau in a heartbeat, but there’s no way a team that’s soft and struggling defensively is hiring him. I wish there was a diet version of Torts who didn’t bench skill players and overuse physical grinders.

Actually if you look at Torts’ history, he plays the f*** out of his top players. His problem last year with Dubois was that he quit on the team and dogged it. And Laine isn’t that good away from the puck (had similar issue in Winnipeg). If you are a good player and work hard he plays you.

I’m not saying Torts is the answer. They need more a Lemaire type teaching coach.

Reactions: awegrzyn

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
I don't know, but I don't think the assistants are going anywhere without taking Ruff with them.

I think Nas should have been gone during the regime change of 2020, but I have to say, he's a lesser of 3 or 4 evils right now.

I don't know what Chris Taylor even does or what he's in charge of.

Recchi makes Gretzky look like a great coach.

I don't know if the goalie coach is that bad, but it was a mistake to let Melanson go. The guy they hired really has no resume that seemed good enough to let Melanson go. We had a young thriving goalie under Melanson and he's underperformed since the new goalie coach came.
Rollie was more of a personal coach for Cory, who knows if he even wanted to be here once Cory was gone

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Actually if you look at Torts’ history, he plays the f*** out of his top players. His problem last year with Dubois was that he quit on the team and dogged it. And Laine isn’t that good away from the puck (had similar issue in Winnipeg). If you are a good player and work hard he plays you.
Yeah I wouldn't be worried about Nico or Jack under Torts, they give effort 100% of the time.

Zacha would be sent to mars though lol

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
He passed on us supposedly. Wanted to coach a team more ready to contend.

I figured it was more that Gallant wanted more say in personnel than we were willing to give him with our 'collaborative' front office. Drury certainly made a lot of moves tailored to Gallant's style in any case.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
He had 91, 92 and 109 points in his first three (out of four) seasons in Dallas. That'd look great to me right now.

Those Dallas Stars teams were fun as hell to watch because there were so many goals. The system in Dallas was super loose but Jim Nill's supporting cast for Seguin/Benn wasn't good enough to outscore their defensive woes.

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
I love Nico...damn it, love the kid...something seems... off.....I hope they didn't give it to him too early. We will see. Rooting for his success.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Montgomery?
I don't know

The Stars seemed to get better after he came in and replaced guess who?

He went to rehab for alcohol, That's why he was done there in Dallas. Hopefully he's still sober just for his own health and well-being.

The Great Dame

Goose will be loose
Jan 3, 2008
NJ
babcock…..hell no…..keep him far away from this team
I’m not necessarily advocating for him, but people act like Babcock is the boogey man because he’s mean. Well he also happens to be one of the most successful coaches ever. I’m sure he’s learned a bit as well from the way he fell out of favor. We certainly haven’t seen the last of him in the NHL is what I will say.

RNCDevil

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
I kind of like how Boqvist and Tatar play together. I think they could work.

Tatar makes bad/soft decisions in his half of the ice. Then again, so does half this team. I did like Boqvist's game.
In order for me: Bratt, Nico, Hughes, Hamilton, Bastian, Severson, Vesey, Johnson, [--suck ---> Mercer, Tatar, Kuok, McLeod, Zacha (two he needed to finish), Gravey, Subban, Smith,

Zacha - Hischier - Bratt
Bastion - Hughes - Boqvist
Johnsson - Mercer - Vesey
Tyce Thomson - McLeod - Tatar

Walsh - Hamilton
Gravey - Severson
Subban - Siegenthaler

beekay414

Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
Well either way it's getting to the point where they're gonna have to make an in-season move.
True but it doesn't mean we need to hire a full-time guy unless there's someone that we truly want. Dineen, while having his detractor(s) here, can be bumped up from Utica to cover HC duties if needed. If not, Fitzy can come down and coach lol (I'm not that serious...or am I?).

I dunno. The only thing I'm sure of is that I don't want a single person on that bench, right now, to take over as the interim. Screw it, see if Bryce Salvador wants it.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I’m not necessarily advocating for him, but people act like Babcock is the boogey man because he’s mean. Well he also happens to be one of the most successful coaches ever. I’m sure he’s learned a bit as well from the way he fell out of favor. We certainly haven’t seen the last of him in the NHL is what I will say.

The dude won one Stanley Cup with a stacked Wings team, he wasn't one of the best coaches ever. He was a good coach that had one Cinderella run in Anaheim and never got over the hump in Toronto.

Reactions: Bleedred
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad