Goats of the Game, Now Unlimited!!!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
Schedule is pretty soft coming up so that might save Ruff's bacon
No such thing as a soft schedule for our team. I guess this stretch is the closing thing possible to that. Winnable games we can hope. I can hear the fans chanting "Ruff must go" or "fire Lindy". If we get off to another bad start.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The only world where Nas being interim 2.0 would even be remotely acceptable is if they got a Sal-type behind the bench to take his spot running the D/PK. At least the PK's been doing better lately, not so much the D.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
No such thing as a soft schedule for our team. I guess this stretch is the closing thing possible to that. Winnable games we can hope. I can hear the fans chanting "Ruff must go" or "fire Lindy". If we get off to another bad start.

Our fans never chant anyone must go, for all the crap that Devils fans get for being negative, booing's about as bad as it gets for anyone here (a la coaches when they get introduced or when the $100 million man was struggling). We never even chanted Mac must go although some of that was probably the residual respect the fanbase had for him as a player. There might have been a few Fire Hynes chants toward the end but tbh if it happened it was so close to the end it was barely memorable.

NjdPass

Jan 23, 2021
Few thoughts:

-whole staff has to go

-No timeouts to stop the bleeding in any of these games

-horrendous coaches challenge in the sharks game

-Severson (worst +\- in franchise history) has same TOI as our two best D we’ve hD in 10+ years in Dougie and Graves

- We are rotating lines…….Teams that have 4 deep lines don’t even rotate 4 lines and their D

- Last year we had a historically bad PK and nothing changed. Most people get fired in any field for doing something historically bad….so why did we expect anything to change by adding one more really good defensive Dman?

See the theme? It’s coaching and managing players here. Yes, players are to blame as well. But the system isnt allowing them to succeed.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
there were definitely chants to fire hynes after the first 2 weeks of his last season. i remember chants to fire deboer and he probably stuck around for a few more months from that point

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
They are coached that way. Hitting back almost always leads to 2 minutes for retaliation.

On some level but there are plenty of good players around the league that hit back. You don’t have to be Marchand but some degree of response would help them. They are too willing to let the gane come to them at times. I don’t think a new coach turns a number of guys on the team into more competitive players to any great extent.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The fact McLeod's getting fifteen minutes of icetime a night might be the most baffling coach blind spot I've ever seen, at least with the Devils. And that's saying something considering Lindy was supposed to be an upgrade on Hynes/Nas.

And the falling behind nonsense is just comical at this point, just in the last two weeks alone you have

-at Tampa, go down 2-0 (win)
-Minnesota, go down 2-0 (OT loss)
-at Nashville, go down 3-0 (loss)
-San Jose, go down 4-0 (loss)
-at Minnesota, go down 3-0 (loss)
-at Winnipeg, go down 3-0 (loss)

The Philly game is literally the only one in the last seven where they didn't go behind by multiple goals early, almost as if the comebacks in the first two games gave them a false sense of security.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The dude won one Stanley Cup with a stacked Wings team, he wasn't one of the best coaches ever. He was a good coach that had one Cinderella run in Anaheim and never got over the hump in Toronto.
He’s another prehistoric buffoon.

I’m still cringing over his quote from not even a year ago

“You can’t have the wife and family I have if you’re a bad guy” or something like that.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
He’s another prehistoric buffoon.

I’m still cringing over his quote from not even a year ago

“You can’t have the wife and family I have if you’re a bad guy” or something like that.

Suggestion I'll just throw out there for the next GDT: A Jurassic Park theme with Ruffasaurus Rex.

Reactions: Bleedred

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
The fact McLeod's getting fifteen minutes of icetime a night might be the most baffling coach blind spot I've ever seen, at least with the Devils. And that's saying something considering Lindy was supposed to be an upgrade on Hynes/Nas.

And the falling behind nonsense is just comical at this point, just in the last two weeks alone you have

-at Tampa, go down 2-0 (win)
-Minnesota, go down 2-0 (OT loss)
-at Nashville, go down 3-0 (loss)
-San Jose, go down 4-0 (loss)
-at Minnesota, go down 3-0 (loss)
-at Winnipeg, go down 3-0 (loss)

The Philly game is literally the only one in the last seven where they didn't go behind by multiple goals early, almost as if the comebacks in the first two games gave them a false sense of security.

at this rate at least all those april weekend matinees can be spent outdoors doing something else, right?

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Question for those more ax’s and O’s inclined: how similar is the defensive game plan to that if hynes? It still seams like the defenders are either confused about their assignments or teams are adjusting to both defenders chasing the puck carrier? I think it was Fitz that said they run a pretty unique defensive structure. Is this why Nas has survived this long and does that mean some of the decisions are coming from higher up? Ok tin foil hat off.
A unique defensive structure probably means it’s complicated. That’s a bad idea to implement, and it’s even dumber when you’re doing it with a team of under-25 pups.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
I'm not one to jump off a bridge and I've been patient but I'm up to here with this rebuild. A shake up of this team needs to happen. It's not just on coaching, that's the easy way out. I really think it's time to explore trading one of Zacha, Bratt or Severson. Wake this team up and send a message nobody is safe. Obviously don't give these guys away but if there's a hockey trade to make in the near future, it's time. We just can't seem to take that next step with this group.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I'm not one to jump off a bridge and I've been patient but I'm up to here with this rebuild. A shake up of this team needs to happen. It's not just on coaching, that's the easy way out. I really think it's time to explore trading one of Zacha, Bratt or Severson. Wake this team up and send a message nobody is safe. Obviously don't give these guys away but if there's a hockey trade to make in the near future, it's time. We just can't seem to take that next step with this group.

I'm on board with Zacha taking a hike.

If we get a decent defender somewhere, I can see shipping Severson out too.

I think Bratt is too good to trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad