Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
HwepQ9z.gif

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Gotta remove Ruff before this season is completely lost. However, we're a dumb franchise that does dumb things so we'll keep him around and we'll be playing meaningless hockey after the TDL again.
at least we won't mistakenly hang onto pk if that happens lol

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Pretty much they all deserve goat status, but the head coach and Burnedyay deserve special notice for this disaster.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Thought we were hanging in there until jack got back. We’d be thinking we’re contenders if we were 3-0 instead of 0-3. Such is life.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I just don't think Ruff was a good hire. I think at the very least, you gotta make a change next year if there's no improvement this season from last.

Still hate the decision to fire Melanson and I will hate it until Blackwood turns it around and can have a good season without Melanson working for the team.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Hire Bruce Boudreau

I would take Boudreau in a heartbeat, but there’s no way a team that’s soft and struggling defensively is hiring him. I wish there was a diet version of Torts who didn’t bench skill players and overuse physical grinders.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Are there any quality assistants out there that could be of interest?

Dineen, that's it. Assistants and AHL coaches don't get hired in-season unless they're assistants or AHL coaches in your organization.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
I just don't think Ruff was a good hire. I think at the very least, you gotta make a change next year if there's no improvement this season from last.

Still hate the decision to fire Melanson and I will hate it until Blackwood turns it around and can have a good season without Melanson working for the team.

Ruff was a bad hire from day 1. They wanted Laviolette but they didn’t want to meet his pay demands, so they settled for Ruff.

I didn’t care about Ruff last year because the expectations were in the basement, it was a shortened season and I just wanted to see the young skilled kids get playing time. But it’s already getting to the point that he’s wearing out his welcome.

Reactions: Bleedred
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad