GDT: Devils @ Hurricanes - 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
In the last 6 games we're shooting 6% and have a .848 sv%.
Our solution?

MOAR BLACKWOOD!!!!!

Because .848% over 6 games is much more to be worried about than .892% over 63 games.

It's actually down to .8915% (rounds off to .892% but just barely) after tonight.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
How the hell can you gauge quality from that chart? You can say it could have been a dangerous chance just by where it was taken from, but you can't say it was a quality opportunity. McLeod could have 10 unblocked shots from the slot without 1 quality attempt.

Matches the eye test tonight. Bratt flubbing twice, Tatar puts it into the pads, and several others that aren’t coming to mind that were high quality looks in close. Its frustrating, especially that Bratt deke. He has to put that in.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
At least these guys (Dano and Sal) are calling out the goaltending. Sal just said ''If you asked Vitek, I'm sure he'd like to have a couple of those back''.

Last year it was just ''Ohhhh, young team, have to learn how to win. It's tough when you get down like this, but you gotta keep pushing''.

Dano still says that shit this year, but he also doesn't think twice about calling out the goals that the goalie could have had.
Did you not see Blackwood hold the team in it while he made what four maybe five saves before giving up a goal from behind the net? I have no doubt he will carry the team tomorrow.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Did you not see Blackwood hold the team in it while he made what four maybe five saves before giving up a goal from behind the net? I have no doubt he will carry the team tomorrow.
Yes, he made 4 or 5 saves, quite literally.

Well, it was really 6.

Reactions: My3Sons

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
In the last 6 games we're shooting 6% and have a .848 sv%.

12 GF on 21 xGF.

throw-up-dry-heave.gif

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
You're right we couldn't score, but their chances, even when they're were just 13 if then were much better than ours. Did you watch the game?
I did. A couple breakdowns, it wasn’t a perfect game. They’re one of the best team in hockey, of course they’re gonna get some chances. This game could’ve very easily been 3-2 us. But that was never gonna happen on this streak, nothing is going right. It’ll change soon.

Reactions: Devs3cups

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
That would be great, but nothing about how they have looked has given me hope they can manage that.
the only thing that gives me hope is our previous winning streak. i mean really, how long can 99% of the team go ice cold for? (that was rhetorical, i don’t want to know the answer)

Reactions: My3Sons

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
We had chances but no one except for Hughes has any poise to finish them.

Not Bratt. Not Nico. Not Tatar and all of dougies, graves shots were blocked or went telegraphed wide. Haula whiffed, mcleod muffined it to the goalie. Zetts had a chance but put it to chest i thought. Rango sucks too, he hasnt had a clear snipe shot on net in what seems like games. His shots last few games get deflected away before they get to net.

Holtz and Boq are not impacting.

Mercer has been good, but not a difference maker. Wood looks like wood from 3 seasons ago.

Time to do something.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I did. A couple breakdowns, it wasn’t a perfect game. They’re one of the best team in hockey, of course they’re gonna get some chances. This game could’ve very easily been 3-2 us. But that was never gonna happen on this streak, nothing is going right. It’ll change soon.
They need to clean up a bunch of things to right the ship. Maybe if a goalie stands on his head and steals a couple of games they will get it together but they are just not playing with any conviction or flow or getting enough good looks. They haven’t lost all their talent but they have lost at least some of their belief in themselves.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
They better do something to the first person that goes after Nico or he's gonna get hurt and we're really screwed. Time to have a line fight a la the Ranger game.

iu

ya, i missed the game but catching up on what happened and seeing some of the replays has got me fired up... where in the f*** is the accountability?

it's on both lindy AND the players to make it happen. and like chico said, send a message. i dont care who does it but they should all be chomping at the bit to do something.

i do not care if its outside of whomever's comfort zone....just f***ing do it

Reactions: NJDevs26

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Not a single one of their goals were dangerous chances. All 4 were pretty much stoppable goals.
I don't think the first goal was really one that I would say is a stoppable goal, but it was caused by him giving the puck away. The initial scramble was Vitek giving the puck up behind the net to a Canes player, it causes a big scramble and a fire drill in front of the net. Graves gets the puck, but doesn't get it out or very far before it's taken from him and then we have another scramble.

My rule is usually that if the goalie gives the puck away and gets scored on because of it, no matter what the actual shot looked like, he gets a stoppable goal from me, unless his team gets possession of it first. Under my rule, I would not give him a stoppable goal for that one, as we got possession of it again.

However, he deserves blame for starting the whole thing. Graves had it and had a chance to get it out, but the first fire drill happened because of Vitek's poor play of the puck behind the net and due to Graves inability to get it safely out, it causes yet another fire drill and there's goal against one for ya. Only like seconds into the game. Instead of a last minute in the period goal, it's a first minute in the period goal.

Every goalie in the league gets a stoppable goal from me for goals 2 and 3.

Goal 4 was least dangerous of all the goals though.

Reactions: Whaddagoal

forceten

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Honestly, if you'd told me in October we'd be melting down around Christmas because we fell out of first place in the division I'd have been ecstatic we were that good. Yeah this losing streak sucks, but its not like other teams don't have ups and downs. Hell, Carolina has now won 10 of their last 11, after losing 8 of their previous 10. The Rangers had won 7 in a row after losing 5 of their previous 6. Pittsburgh's ups and downs have been well documented. Its a long season. Shit happens. Hopefully they start winning again soon.
Unfortunately it’s not relevant.

• Haha
Reactions: Zajacs Bowl Cut

Camille the Eel

chico saying do something physical tomorrow even if its taking a boarding penalty....send a message
The comment of Chico’s I liked the best was what he said about Tatar’s interview, where Tatar stated, “we know we can beat anyone if we play our game.”

“But come on Thomas,” says Chico, “what is your game? Did you play your game tonight? Did I see short passes on the breakout and a 3 or 4 man unit breaking out together? No. I saw a lot of long passes trying to spring a guy for a break away. And that’s not the way your going to get things going, and a lot of outside play when we had the puck in their end.”

I think Chico nailed it there. That we have to go back to playing with good fundamental structure as a unit when breaking out and moving through center ice; staying close and supporting each other and making short passes as a 5 man group. Stop going for the home run ball and also in the offensive end be prepared to fight for position down low and be physical when the initial rush fails.

On the power play too maybe run some more triangle looks from down low in Gretzky’s office so as to open things up top a little more.

And hope your goalie’s settle down too.

• Wow
Reactions: NJDevs26

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
so Novo isnt with the team on the trip and Amanda is off this week so we get no post game quotes at all huh

need to know about Marino

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
so Novo isnt with the team on the trip and Amanda is off this week so we get no post game quotes at all huh

need to know about Marino
Devils youtube channel did post the presser and locker room interviews this morning on it, so hopefully they'll post tonight's and it'll be up in a little while.

Novo isn't there to ask Ruff ''Tough goal for Mackenzie to give up, will you go back to him tomorrow?'' no one else is gonna ask that.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
The comment of Chico’s I liked the best was what he said about Tatar’s interview, where Tatar stated, “we know we can beat anyone if we play our game.”

“But come on Thomas,” says Chico, “what is your game? Did you play your game tonight? Did I see short passes on the breakout and a 3 or 4 man unit breaking out together? No. I saw a lot of long passes trying to spring a guy for a break away. And that’s not the way your going to get things going, and a lot of outside play when we had the puck in their end.”

I think Chico nailed it there. That we have to go back to playing with good fundamental structure as a unit when breaking out and moving through center ice; staying close and supporting each other and making short passes as a 5 man group. Stop going for the home run ball and also in the offensive end be prepared to fight for position down low and be o physical when the initial rush fails.

On the power play too maybe run some more triangle looks from down low in Gretzky’s office so as to open things up top a little more.

And hope your goalie’s settle down too.

chico has been solid this season and has admitted openly that he has more leeway to say what he really wants to say on radio as opposed to tv. love that he is doing that.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
There were sporadic fire Lindy chants in Raleigh. Seriously
You'll hear me tomorrow night. I'm gonna try to get behind the bench again.

I'm not gonna chant Fire Lindy, but I WILL be chanting ''FREE SCHMIDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!'' a few times.

I'll wait until Little Richard inevitability starts looking a little Tutti Frutti first.

I was the one dumb enough to think he wouldn't get scored on in relief tonight.

I'm sorry, my mistake on that one.

Reactions: Whaddagoal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad