GDT: Devils @ Hurricanes - 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

TF1970

May 9, 2021
Team is spiraling in many ways and on top of that, the coach has no idea what to do about it.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
People only blaming the goalies are just copping out...are the goalies the reason we're giving up two on ones up the wazoo or only scoring one goal a game? Are the goalies the reason Damon Severson AND John Marino have been benched for poor play the last few games or the reason the PP perpetually sucks? I'd be more worried about the goalies if we were losing 6-5 games like last year.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Honestly would have rather have sat through that in person than deal with my in laws which I’m currently doing. Christ what a miserable night
This is why I'm glad I'm single and come from a small family. The worst that usually happens is my grandpa makes some insensitive comment that is sometimes typical of his generation.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I was told not to worry though
You shouldn’t. There is nothing you can do about the team. Maybe they win maybe they lose. Virtually everything else in your life is more important. I understand this season is becoming frustrated but this is supposed to be light entertainment. If it gets you uptight skip a game or two

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I bet before any kind of extreme measures happen, we see Schmid back up.

It all depends on how many good games Blackwood has and it also depends on how long Vitek's current poor stretch of goalie-ing stops.

We always could have three goalies on the roster, but not sure what the cap will look like?

We probably can't have all 3 up, can we? For cap reasons?

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
You shouldn’t. There is nothing you can do about the team. Maybe they win maybe they lose. Virtually everything else in your life is more important. I understand this season is becoming frustrated but this is supposed to be light entertainment. If it gets you uptight skip a game or two
If only it was that easy to turn off the switch, eh?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
People only blaming the goalies are just copping out...are the goalies the reason we're giving up two on ones up the wazoo or only scoring one goal a game? Are the goalies the reason Damon Severson AND John Marino have been benched for poor play the last few games or the reason the PP perpetually sucks? I'd be more worried about the goalies if we were losing 6-5 games like last year.

It's a total team free fall. Shitting our entire cushion away and it's going to be a dog fight not to be back in the lotto by years end

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
It's a total team free fall. Shitting our entire cushion away and it's going to be a dog fight not to be back in the lotto by years end
Worst case scenario is ending up a bubble team that misses, so we don't get a good pick in this great draft.

I know I'm being overly negative tonight but I could totally see this happening

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I am more concerned with Marino not playing in the 3rd than this loss tbh. If he was benched, fine, whatever. But if he was injured?

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
bring-out-your-dead.gif

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Let's see what happens tomorrow, but I gotta credit Carolina. It didn't really feel like we had 30-something shots tonight. I don't think there were too many dangerous ones, other than Bratt's breakaway, Jack's goal and maybe a few others here and there. The Dallas game kind of felt like the same thing. Lot of shots but not the quality we were used to getting.

I didn't really think we did much against Florida either, even though we had 31 shots the other night.

No excuse not to blow up Bob tomorrow night. He's a shit goalie also at this point in his career and the insistence on playing him is gonna tank their season, for as bad as Knight was in last night's game and all the softies he let in.

So it will be one younger shit goalie going head to head with an old, washed up has-been, shit goalie.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020

All goes back to coaching. If you see this shit happening, you pull back on the system a little bit and tell your forwards to back check harder than usual. And once you get back out of this funk then you can go back to the uptempo style that Ruff is known for. It's mostly on Ruff atm.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Honestly, if you'd told me in October we'd be melting down around Christmas because we fell out of first place in the division I'd have been ecstatic we were that good. Yeah this losing streak sucks, but its not like other teams don't have ups and downs. Hell, Carolina has now won 10 of their last 11, after losing 8 of their previous 10. The Rangers had won 7 in a row after losing 5 of their previous 6. Pittsburgh's ups and downs have been well documented. Its a long season. Shit happens. Hopefully they start winning again soon.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
At least these guys (Dano and Sal) are calling out the goaltending. Sal just said ''If you asked Vitek, I'm sure he'd like to have a couple of those back''.

Last year it was just ''Ohhhh, young team, have to learn how to win. It's tough when you get down like this, but you gotta keep pushing''.

Dano still says that shit this year, but he also doesn't think twice about calling out the goals that the goalie could have had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad