Confirmed with Link: Devils Acquire Colin Miller for a 2025 5th Round Pick

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Apparently he was terrible in the playoffs according to a few in the main forum

But I like the trade. He’s looked good when I’ve seen him and will be strictly a 3rd pair guy here
Yeah I don't have any illusions about this guy being much better than Brendan Smith but he's our Nemec buffer just like Smith is the Bahl buffer at this point.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
So now Nemec really has to basically destroy training camp in order to play with the Devils this season?
I doubt they want to start the season with two rookie defensemen in the lineup.
Someone will get injured and he will get eased into the NHL.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Perfect acquisition. Fills the exact need we had and serves as the Nemec placeholder.

Anyone know where we stand cap room wise?
I think we were just over $10m coming into today, and McLeod, Bastian and Miller eats away about $4.5m of that. So probably about $6m still open?

Need to account for Bahl as well.

Reactions: My3Sons

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Yeah I don't have any illusions about this guy being much better than Brendan Smith but he's our Nemec buffer just like Smith is the Bahl buffer at this point.

200w.gif

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
Yeah Dallas has some guys they want to give time to. It’s a fine trade for both sides, but I do think they probably could have done better if they were patient. Somebody has to look at the UFA options, watch even those terrible options dry up, and panic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad