Confirmed with Link: Devils Acquire Colin Miller for a 2025 5th Round Pick

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Might come around 4.5, still some nice wiggle room.
More like 3 million since that only counts eleven forwards, two more at minimum-ish salary to have a healthy scratch ticks that down further. Which is barely enough room for the VV-Helly swap if you're still dreaming on that hah

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
The veteran RHD I’ve been talking about. Cheap, overperformed his value last year. No risk, basically free. Love this.

So Foote will slide in for Boqvist and the rest of the roster is basically set, pending a move in goal.

Am I the only one concerned about Footes ability to slide into the lineup? I don't quite see what everyone else seems to see in him.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Am I the only one concerned about Footes ability to slide into the lineup? I don't quite see what everyone else seems to see in him.
I think he’ll do fine next to McLeod and Bastian. He has a good shot and they’ll probably be able to cycle better than they could with Wood. Possessions seemed to end when it got on his stick. I’d like him to up his physical game in that role like McLeod has done in his career.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Does he play PK? That would be my only potential concern. Other then that it looks perfect.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
perfect trade IMO
We needed an experienced veteran RHD for 1 or two years maximum on a cheap deal.

We got … an experienced veteran RHD on a one year deal for under 2m …

We also avoid handing out an overpayment contract on a UFA. Perfect.
Now get Hellebuyck and away we go (Imcomimg ledger joker meme )

Reactions: Nico Hischier

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
A year ago yes, but being sheltered on an elite team - not really. He doesn’t need to be great, as long as he doesn’t hurt us it will be fine IMO. He’s been a pro for a few years now.

Fitz has spoken highly of him a few times since the season ended, I think they’re pretty high on him.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
A year ago yes, but being sheltered on an elite team - not really. He doesn’t need to be great, as long as he doesn’t hurt us it will be fine IMO. He’s been a pro for a few years now.

Fitz has spoken highly of him a few times since the season ended, I think they’re pretty high on him.

They are because he has size. It's the only thing he has over Bo. In theory his shot is much better, but he didn't get in position to use it enough because he skates in mud.

Who’s ready for dougie PK minutes

Can we just put a goal on the board and save the 2 minutes?

• Haha
Reactions: Richer's Ghost

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
I wouldn’t put the drafting on Fitz completely. Some GMs have zero to do with that and rely solely on their scouting staffs
A good GM develops a cohesive draft strategy and acts as intermediary for the scouting staff leading up to the draft. We achieved this goal in 2022, because it's tough to believe the repeating emphasis on two-way D -- especially RD -- with good skating ability and high hockey IQs was accidental.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Maybe dougie has untapped potential since he is a big slow boy and pk is a lot of standing around. Just tell him to slash more forwards.
Truthfully it does make sense that he transition that way a bit as he ages and the young guys mature and demand more of the offensive minutes.

beekay414

Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
We are just going to run 11-7 all year and Smith will only pk
evil-dontyou.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad