Devils 2019-20 team discussion (news and notes) - part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Yeah, palms is sticking around. Will just go to the highest bidder next year unless we sign him to an extension.

I'm disappointed, but I understand why others wouldn't be.
Extensions for Palms and Gusev announced shortly after July 1 will do a lot for my stomach for the rest of the summer and into the season

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Extensions for Palms and Gusev announced shortly after July 1 will do a lot for my stomach for the rest of the summer and into the season

Except I have no interest in that lol. That's why I want to deal him now.

That being said, 2 years, 14 million for palms, okay. I'm good there. But I think he probably gets like 4 / 28 and I don't want anything to do with that

Reactions: MilwaukeeDevil

beekay414

Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
If Palms was a free agent entering his age 31 season coming from another team, not a single one of you would advocate signing him long term. Every one of you would be like "he'll age terribly and be an anchor by 33" or whatever. Why is it different because he plays for us?

Trade him. T-R-A-D-E him. We'll waste a colossal opportunity if we don't.

Reactions: Oneiro and Forge

beekay414

Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
If Palms was a free agent entering his age 31 season coming from another team, not a single one of you would advocate signing him long term. Every one of you would be like "he'll age terribly and be an anchor by 33" or whatever. Why is it different because he plays for us?

He's not a line driver, he doesn't create for others. He's a secondary piece on a good team but yet he's SOOOOOOOO important for us right now. Y'all get far too emotionally connected to these dudes. It makes no sense to extend him and not trade him right now. None.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Except he'll be 30 going into his FA season. And he did come from another team.

Plus what does long-term mean? I don't think anyone wants to give him a seven-year deal. If that's what it would take then yeah maybe they'd better trade him, but there's no reason he can't be productive for most of a five-year deal and/or get traded during it if we can replace him by then.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
any graphics of it anywhere yet?

kxs42lffbii41.jpg

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
He'll be signing for his age 31 season. Keep up.

He's 29 as of a couple weeks ago, next year he'll be 30 when he gets to FA. He won't turn 31 till more than halfway through his first season under a new deal, it's his 30-31 season to be more accurate. Under a five-year deal he won't turn 35 until late in that final season.

Plus who's gonna score on Jack and Nico's line the next couple of years if we do just trade Gusev and Palm and raze the whole thing? How is that going to help THEIR development?

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Andy joined the boys at Palms event tonight.

Also Hughes is hanging onto Trav like please don't waive that NTC

ERbiaPpXUAAOL14

2 things:

1. goose is the only one with good footwear

2. this fashion with men's feet in the pointy dress shoes……..please……..go work on wall street...

ok….its only 1 thing but **** that pointy shoe crap

beekay414

Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
He's 29 as of a couple weeks ago, next year he'll be 30 when he gets to FA. He won't turn 31 till more than halfway through his first season under a new deal, it's his 30-31 season to be more accurate.
It's his age 31 season because he turns 31 that year. You don't round down with age lol.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
While Palms plays physical the good thing is his shot is the best part of his game. He may fall down the line up during his next contract but should still be a pretty solid goal scorer. Someone you can put on the PP and will get pucks in the net.

I’m not advocating to keep him. But I do agree he’s at his peak value now. Trading him either over the summer or at the TDL next season weakens our position and ability to get the best return for him.

I’m kinda in a thought process that if they don’t trade him then they should re-sign him in the offseason. But it’s hard to make those decisions when you don’t have your actual GM and HC in place for next season and the future.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
2 things:

1. goose is the only one with good footwear

2. this fashion with men's feet in the pointy dress shoes……..please……..go work on wall street...

ok….its only 1 thing but **** that pointy shoe crap

No the suits are bad too. Modern men’s business fashion makes little sense for 80% of the male population. Even top notch athletes look goofy in them. Current suit styles require you to be built like a 12 year old. I realize I’m old and out of touch but does anyone young enjoy wearing skin tight pants and jackets in a setting that calls for a suit?

Reactions: Azathoth
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad