Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes) - Preseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
Wood-Zajac-Q could be an awesome third line, I like that a lot. Wood and Q are competitors. They’ll grind it out and chip in some goals, going to be fun to watch in gritty games

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Wood-Zajac-Q could be an awesome third line, I like that a lot. Wood and Q are competitors. They’ll grind it out and chip in some goals, going to be fun to watch in gritty games

That was the line I suggested the other day, glad Hynes is still lurking around here.

Reactions: OmNomNom

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Yeah, I'd actually be OK with the 4th line being Boyle with the 2 Texans. I think they would provide the same type of spark to Boyle as they do with Trav.

The beauty of our depth at wing is you can move the majority of these guys up and down the lineup without missing a beat.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
havent seen much of any preseason. how is zacha doing? still a bust?

I've only seen the game he played in Montreal, I thought he looked good. He was putting himself in more positions to create offense but his line with MoJo and Palms were out of sync all night. Apparently he had another strong game against the Isles but I didn't see that one myself.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
I like Zajac with the Texans because it's a classic counter-attack checking line where the sum of all the parts is greater.

Admittedly, Zajac has spent his post-Parise/Langs career covering for weaker defensive wingers but the guy is also getting older. It may be a better move to have two linemates who think the game in a similar way, instead of two kids who want to go, go, go.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
nhl network has tonights game listed at 11:30 but no idea if its going to get blacked out here

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
That actually makes sense to me. Put Greene in the vet mentor role and hopefully he can help Sevs in the d zone and help Sevs become steadier. If Mueller can hold the fort down with Vats I think Greene might be good for Sevs.
They tried that last year a little bit, didn’t they? To my knowledge it didn’t work well.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
That actually makes sense to me. Put Greene in the vet mentor role and hopefully he can help Sevs in the d zone and help Sevs become steadier. If Mueller can hold the fort down with Vats I think Greene might be good for Sevs.

Whats he gonna help severson with? How to turn the puck over easily and make a weak clear that gets you caught in the d zone more? Severson has the turning the puck over easily covered.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
nhl network has tonights game listed at 11:30 but no idea if its going to get blacked out here
well wouldnt it automatically be blacklisted since it isnt MSG or NBC? I know neither is hosting the game but I dont think those types of details are ironed out in the contracts - could be wrong

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
yeah that's an interesting point, how does playing with responsible defensive partners ever help anyone anyway?

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Whats he gonna help severson with? How to turn the puck over easily and make a weak clear that gets you caught in the d zone more? Severson has the turning the puck over easily covered.

Hopefully Greene can offer more than that. Greene has been in the league since the WHA merger days it seems. Presumably he’s learned something about how to make decisions and how to best handle certain situations that he can impart to Sevs. Maybe.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Hall Nico Palms
MarJo PZ Bratt
Coleman Zajac Noesen
Wood Boyle JQ
Stafford

Greene Vats
Mueller Sevs
Butcher Lovejoy
Smith Santini

KK
Lack
MBW

To start the season? Alternatively maybe Seney sticks and STAFFORD is released from his PTO?

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Hall Nico Palms
MarJo PZ Bratt
Coleman Zajac Noesen
Wood Boyle JQ
Stafford

Greene Vats
Mueller Sevs
Butcher Lovejoy
Smith Santini

KK
Lack
MBW

To start the season? Alternatively maybe Seney sticks and STAFFORD is released from his PTO?
Why are Smith and Santini sitting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad