Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes) - Preseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm simply saying that after Coleman and Gibbons last year, if the coaching staff decides to keep Rooney, I have to give them the benefit of a doubt that they see something or are looking for something that I don't see.

The Lappin comment was because DD implied that he expected those two to do well last year because they managed to score in the AHL.

-edit-
And for God's sake, enough with the playoff avatar :)
Haha I think many of us still have the playoff avatar. I’ll be changing it before the season opener.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Personally, I thought a scrawny 18 year old kid with no professional experience scoring 20 goals and +50 points, most of which came at even strength on a pretty average team, was a breakout performance. But maybe I'm biased.
He's One of the best even strength scoring rookies of the last 20 years, but the main board likes to dismiss him due to lack of power play points.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
He's One of the best even strength scoring rookies of the last 20 years, but the main board likes to dismiss him due to lack of power play points.

Yet those same people will use an abundance of power-play points to discredit a different player. Main board is a joke.

Nico's primed for a good year, to answer the question. I expect him to clear 60 points rather easily. He looks considerably stronger and sturdier on the ice, and his skills speak for themselves. Him with Hall is something else.

Reactions: Blender

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Not really Devils news, but todays the last day for the guy that has run the Devils official twitter for the last 5 years. Not sure what else he was in charge of:

Reactions: My3Sons

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
My biggest worry is Zacha. Is he ready to be this teams 2nd line center both offensively and defensively or will Travis have to return to that spot where he’s misplaced?

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ

stanleycup052915-getty-ftrjpg_1doukux73ytug1ktxxw2qjqk5h.jpg

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Seems like an extra forward here - he did score 4 short-handed goals last season, so maybe he takes the role they envisioned for Rooney. Still, he's 24, which is older than all the non-Rooney guys on the forward bubble. I'm hoping this means the end of Stafford.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
I saw a Pens preseason game and the guy was buzzing and winning face offs. Remembered him because I thought he had a cool name. Boyle could be in for a battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad