Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes) - Preseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I'd take Carter Hart over him
As a prospect? Of course, Kinkaid is 29. This season? Definitely not. Hart has never played an NHL game and there is still no guarantee he even sticks with the team. That the Flyers are having to even consider going with a 20 year old rookie as their starter right now speaks volumes about their goaltending situation.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I like the top 2. Maybe switch Palm's and Bratt, but those are the guys I'd have up there.

Personally I want to roll with Coleman Zajac and Noesen as that shutdown 3rd line. It was so effective last year.

That would push Wood down to the 4th, and then either Seney or maybe Q on the other wing, which might sound below Wood's pay grade, but that could make for a dangerous 4th line line, not unlike how it was to start the year last season when Gibbons was on a tear.

If one of the young guys steps up enough to push Boyle to the extra forward spot the team would have a cohesive bottom six. Boyle just doesn’t fit the team’s style and he doesn’t win enough faceoffs or provide enough offense to overcome his limitations as I see it.

Reactions: Nubmer6

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
If one of the young guys steps up enough to push Boyle to the extra forward spot the team would have a cohesive bottom six. Boyle just doesn’t fit the team’s style and he doesn’t win enough faceoffs or provide enough offense to overcome his limitations as I see it.
I'm fine with Boyle for this season. And really his overall production was fine. Just needs to even it out over the entire season.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It’s really hard for me to cheer against Boyle. He’s a fourth line center, nothing more, and he seems to be decent at it. And of course it’s hard to hate a cancer patient.

Even leaving all that out his shootout winner on Lundqvist last year was one of the more memorable moments of last season.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
In DD's world every prospect in the Metro other than ours are the real deal. If Blackwood was a Flyer he'd be the second coming of Patrick Roy.

As usual you speak false narratives

MBW has been awful, sorry if you can't see that.

Carter Hart has been very good at every level so far.

It's really easy to see, even the Philly fan, Speaking, should agree.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
As usual you speak false narratives

MBW has been awful, sorry if you can't see that.

Carter Hart has been very good at every level so far.

It's really easy to see, even the Philly fan, Speaking, should agree.
Every level? he's played one level.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
one is 29 and UFA after the season
one is 20 and team controlled for 7 more years

but yes, totally the same thing

You're missing the point though.

The topic was rating goalies

I rate Hart over Kink, today.

How about offering an opinion instead of always looking for ways to discredit?

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Rating Hart over Kinkaid today may be justified, but it's not validated by a ton. He may be much better, he may be worse.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Wood can maybe go to the net, but I don't want him with the puck on his stick in the neutral zone when he's got Taylor Hall and Nico Hischier with him. And Wood is pretty good at gaining the offensive zone himself - it's wasting that ability of his if he's paired with Hall, who is the primary puck carrier on his line.
I'm not saying make it a permanent move, but to shake things up every once in a while put him with our top two guns like at moments you sense your opponent is reeling or tired. And I don't think his puck handling skills would be an issue when you got Nico and Hall, plus you could also make sure Butcher is out there.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
It’s really hard for me to cheer against Boyle. He’s a fourth line center, nothing more, and he seems to be decent at it. And of course it’s hard to hate a cancer patient.

Who’s cheering against him? He’s an older fourth line guy on a bubble team on a one year deal. In my OPINION (not a fact) he team would be better off with a young player who may develop further in the 4C role. Boyle would be perfect on a contending team and I’m sure everyone here wishes him good health and good fortune. If he was the kind of player who fit the system well you’d even want to extend him but the team gets faster every year and he will start slowly my down soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad